Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

It may sound a bit silly but does anyone else reckon the AFL have the audacity hijack the Brownlow count away from Martin's favour to ensure he does not win? Imagine a personality like him giving a winning speech for the most prestigious award in the history of the game to the whole country of footy fans; would they let a controversial figure like such win it if he weren't blatantly the best player in the league but just pushed through? (No I am not perthboy86).

Otherwise, Martin is an absolute freak and people shouldn't let the controversy get in the way of his talent. He's one of not too many players who can single-handedly turn a game on its head and get his side over the line. Unfortunately, Danger is another one of them and Danger is far superior. Hardly a debate really.

Not as silly as it may appear.

- robbed of Rising Star on bogus MRP charge
- robbed of All-Australian selection last year
- fined for handcuff gesture
- fined for victory salute
- fined for squirting water at Freo dribbler
- victim of false malicious rumours about imminent drugs arrest
- victim of Chopstickgate hatchet job by leftist media
- father deported for ?????

A lot of people want to drag him down, but Dusty's tatts >>>>> the combined lifetime achievements of most of his critics.

Last edited:

A lot of people want to drag him down, but Dusty's tatts >>>>> the combined lifetime achievements of most of his critics.

I believe his father was deported for associating with an OMC rather than a Fed conspiracy to unsettle Dusty Martin and the RFC.

I believe his father was deported for associating with an OMC rather than a Fed conspiracy to unsettle Dusty Martin and the RFC.

What do you have to do to get your club prefixed with "outlaw"? Is it accurate to describe e.g. Essendon as an "outlaw football club"?

The topic of this thread is right. He's just as good, he kicks just as good. But he's still not a great player. They both can't kick in comparison to the best midfielders, constantly missing targets. Media gets hung up on the "beast" like nature of players and completely gloss over the rest of their ability. Not once did they mention last night that Dangerfield missed 3 targets in a row who were by themselves.

Two superb players at the height of their powers.

Do we really need to nitpick/split hairs?

Big fan of Danger. Lacks neck tattoos and Jeet Kune Do chopstick skills. Otherwise, he is just as good as The Raging Bull.

I'm a massive massive massive fan of Martin.

He draws multiple players at clearances, long penetrating kick in space and the perfect combination of strength and speed.

Danger had an elite season last year and looks like he is putting together another again this year.
If he goes again next year I'll come off the fence.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- robbed of All-Australian selection last year

It was Rita (Andre Bolt in drag) and the Feral Hun who mainly went for him. The same Rita who has since defended Sam Newman so go figure. By contrast Caro and the Age defended him. So it was hardly the "leftist" media.

They both bring exactly what their teams need. Would love either at the Hawks. I think dusty would be "unlucky" not to poll well at the Brownlow but we all know just like last year with Fyfe that Danger has this in the bag

You're the one who brought up "quality" individuals.
This thread is about comparing Dustin Martin to Patrick Dangerfield, I pointed out that Dustin Martin had questionable character by comparison.
You bring in James Hird, who has nothing to do with this, and is an obvious troll, please stay on topic.

This thread is about comparing Dustin Martin to Patrick Dangerfield, I pointed out that Dustin Martin had questionable character by comparison.
You bring in James Hird, who has nothing to do with this, and is an obvious troll, please stay on topic.

Dustin Martin doesn't have a questionable character and it sounds like you're basing him off of his ink. Also how isn't questionable character and James Hird linked?

Good to see neutral supporters finally starting tro see what we have been looking at for the last 6 years at Punt Road.

A Beast.

Don't we have a polls board for this sort of junk.
Poll-Graphic-3.jpeg

Wot? Best mids this season in order:

Danger
Sloane
Hannebury
Parker
Martin
Selwood
Bontempelli
Steven
Shuey
Pendles
Mitchell
Neale
Kennedy
Treloar
Shiel

Will never ever see him in the top 5 of a list like this. Ever.

Only had a decade to do it.

Will never ever see him in the top 5 of a list like this. Ever.

Only had a decade to do it.
4 years ago I would have had it:

Ablett
Watson
Pendlebury
Selwood
Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back