• Dons

Votes: 51 63.8%
  • Pies

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True... he is more of an Isaac Smith long striding wingman that can goal from outside 50 metres on a consistent basis. He is at best as outside running midfielder. Best to leave the inside stuff to guys that can slug it out with quick hands and would be equally at home slugging it out for 10 rounds (Liberatore, Wallis, Swans midfield and Selwood style).
Myers wouldn't get anywhere near Smith on the burst. Totally different players IMO

Myers wouldn't get anywhere near Smith on the burst. Totally different players IMO
Myers is not slow.. he has a long stride and is deceptively fast.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...994F70E8AECFAD1AFC78994F70E8AECFAD1&FORM=VIRE

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...281C24FABFC8677350D7281C24FABFC8677&FORM=VIRE

Myers doesn't look too fast when he is given the role of scragging and blocking the opposition midfield all game long and continually handballing.

I'm pretty confident about today. If the players haven't learnt from the past two games, than we are in strife.

As always it will be Coll midfield that will carry them along way, defensively and offensively they are average excluding Reid and Howe.

Coll don't tag midfielders so I'm expecting Merrett to get 35+ disposals.

Hopefully we enjoy a great game and win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buckley believes the players need to be self motivated so there's a chance neither side tag or are motivated by their coach! If it's a low pressure free flowing game that suits EFC

Did MarkG just re-invent Myers into an outside player with speed?
The only thing Myers and Smith have in common is that they both have long left boots and are useless on the right. I don't think Smith has had a hard ball get ever, and I don't think Myers has ever had a running bounce

The only thing Myers and Smith have in common is that they both have long left boots and are useless on the right. I don't think Smith has had a hard ball get ever, and I don't think Myers has ever had a running bounce
I don't think Myers is quick, but he is at his best when given some room and allowed to pick out a long target.

Did MarkG just re-invent Myers into an outside player with speed?
Everybody has speed ... slow .. medium ... fast. So he is definitely an outside player with speed.

Personally I would like the see him (re-invent) playing wide and within 60-70 metres of goal rather than big bodied midfielder.

Would be interesting to see where he does rank speed wise. Goddard often plays wing. I would suggest he may have more speed than him.

A lot of people are asking where is our Plan B when the corridor is stifled. Perhaps Myers bombs on goal from out wide on the left might be part of the Plan B.

Other sides such as Hawks, Saints, Tigers, Eagles would snap him up if available and I know what role they would give him.

Hope Myers has a huge day out so the haters can stfu and change the Chanel - Marge.
I'm sure all Essendon supporters would love to see Myers playing some decent footy.. Pretty strange thing to say.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back