Preview Essendon vs Sydney, MCG, Saturday 06/07/19, 1:45 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I dont think Guelfi has ever played a game at the level of Langford in the last 5 games (which are behind his 2018 performances) and I'm not sure where the improvement comes from. They are the same age after all.

There have been some interesting comments about perception re Langford, not by you, that I find ironic. Which are the games Guelfi has played compared to Langford that TheGreatBarryB and co want to hang their hats on? What does that say about perception and how it's influenced by expectation?

I think it's more likely than not that Langford fills out and has a decent career by default but he has the potential to be more than that primarily because of the way he can use the ball in congestion.

If there is something in Guelfi's game that indicates he's a best 22 player or even could be a best 22 player it beats the s**t out of me.

We already have a guy playing the same role in the reserves who is twice as good.
Guelfi can play.

LOL. Highest impact. Come on please.

Please.
Langford has been our highest impact player over the past six weeks. Slightly ahead of Merrett and Shiel and well above the other players you've mentioned.

The decision to drop him speaks volumes about the lack of sophistication and mediocrity that is so firmly entrenched at this footy club. The selection committee only have a vague idea of who is actually playing well.

I wonder how many teams dropped their best performing young talent this week? Only us.
Didn't Langford give up the chase of some WCE player because he ran out of puff? Not a good sign hey.

I think Langford was stiff to get dropped but anyone claiming he's been one of our best players recently is kidding themselves, he's a fringe player that's playing at a reasonably good level for a fringe player. There's a very clear reason why Guelfi is in the side and Langford isn't. Guelfi has an unquestioned committment to every contest he's involved in, well that and he can play anywhere on the ground except KP/Ruck. Langford sometimes contests hard, other times he jogs along with no intent at all (the West Coast 'chase' comes to mind). The other reason is Clarke has somewhat taken his spot and although he has something to offer as a part midfielder part forward, with Stringer returning there's not as much need there either.

Wouldn't have thought Stringer would come up, so emergency probably be activated.

We sure it’s to replace Stringer? There was talk that Heppell was really sore during the week.

He was limping after the GWS game and was asked about it, but ignored the question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back