Preview Fremantle v Hawthorn - Elimination Final, Subiaco, Sat 4 September 3.20pm Changes and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Hodge and Burger will cop a tag, which means we need a massive game from Mitch and Sewell :thumbsu:

The beauty of having the deepest midfield in the comp. If they target those two, then Messrs Sewell, Mitchell, Lewis, Young and Rioli will take their place. You can't tag a midfield laden with guns.:thumbsu:

I think they are very worried about our midfield. They maybe able to stop 1 maybe 2, but as some have said, there are 5 others that can step into the role.

They are also very concerned about Buddy. And stoppages!. We get ontop here and we win by 6+ goals.

They are relying on their crowd to get them home as well. If that is the attitude, Good Night!!

They also think that last weeks game Vs the Blues was a finals intensity game............Turn it up. That was the worst game I have seen. They have no idea what finals intensity is, but they will find that out this week.

I'd like our team to line up as follows:

FB: Gilham - Stratton - Guerra
HB: Brown - Gibson - Hodge
Ce: Young - Mitchell - Bateman
HF: Hooper - Franko - Osborne
FF: Lewis - Roughead - Burgoyne

Ru: Renouf
RR: Sewell
Ro: Rioli

I/C: Skipper, Ellis, Murphy and Peterson.

Key points:
* Coming off an injury, would like Hodge to start down back to reduce the wear and tear and also put the game's best finals defender in the spot he defined
* Gibbo to take Pav when he is forward
* Sewell to get Mundy
* Lewis and Bugers to rotate into the midfield, hence the roles deep forward
* Murphy to relieve Hodge so that he can rotate for spells on the ball
* Stratts to get their second best tall, like he did last week
* Ellis and Young to rotate onto Hill in open play to keep him quite, as they did Thomas last week
* Renouf or Skipper to play on Sandi when he goes forward - our key defenders just aren't big enough
* Peterson to have spells up forward and through the midfield

I'm anticipating McPhee will hassle Hodge.

I like that option from Freo's POV. With Pavlich a certainty to rotate through the midfield, another tall option like McPhee would be nice. At times we'll only have Michael Johnson as the tall target inside the 50. Mayne and Fyfe can both play tall, but when push comes to shove they are not KP players.

Crowley is just as likely to be given a role on Hodge as McPhee though. He's certainly more dangerous up forward. And annoying.

So much is depending on our team selection tomorrow afternoon. Crowley, Headland, Palmer, Bradley and Silvagni are all in line for selection and Ballantyne is the only definite omission at this stage.

It's not funny, it's scary. The bloke hasn't played since round 4.
Scary for Fremantle's medicos...

Match-ups I'd like to see:

Sandilands v Renouf
McPhee v Hodge
Crowley v Burgoyne
Van Berlo v Rioli
Hill v Bateman
Mundy v Sewell
Pavlich v Mitchell (in the middle)
Ibbotson v Young
McPharlin v Franklin
Grover v Roughead
Mayne v Murphy
Pavlich v Gibson (up forward)
Johnson v Gilham
Broughton v Osborne

I'm not going to lie, if those match-ups are anything to go by (except for Sandi v Roof), we should get over these guys if we can match their instensity on class and experience alone. If Renouf is 100% fit, I'm actually expecting him to really rise to the role against the big man and play his arse off.

I'd like our team to line up as follows:

FB: Gilham - Stratton - Guerra
HB: Brown - Gibson - Hodge
Ce: Young - Mitchell - Bateman
HF: Hooper - Franko - Osborne
FF: Lewis - Roughead - Burgoyne

Ru: Renouf
RR: Sewell
Ro: Rioli

I/C: Skipper, Ellis, Murphy and Peterson.

Key points:
* Coming off an injury, would like Hodge to start down back to reduce the wear and tear and also put the game's best finals defender in the spot he defined
* Gibbo to take Pav when he is forward
* Sewell to get Mundy
* Lewis and Bugers to rotate into the midfield, hence the roles deep forward
* Murphy to relieve Hodge so that he can rotate for spells on the ball
* Stratts to get their second best tall, like he did last week
* Ellis and Young to rotate onto Hill in open play to keep him quite, as they did Thomas last week
* Renouf or Skipper to play on Sandi when he goes forward - our key defenders just aren't big enough
* Peterson to have spells up forward and through the midfield

I like this.....agree with it all.

Quietly confident so long as we are 'on', which we should be.

I like this.....agree with it all.

Quietly confident so long as we are 'on', which we should be.
if we play the way we did in the 2nd half last week (long pentrating kicking into the 50) we will give them all sorts of trouble. This is the way we played in 08, get the ball deep to buddy or rough and get the smalls in and around the contest (hooper, rioli and osborne). The 2nd half last week showed that it still works.

I know we should be taking it one week at a time..

but it is so hard to not think that we might, just might, be on the verge of a pretty damn nice September...

To my fellow Hawthorn supporters,

I really dont think that the Dockers have any idea on what is about to happen to them. I dont think they get that its finals time, we have waited for 18mths for this and we WILL NOT let this one slip.

They keep crapping on about Sandilands and they won a pressure cooker game last week against the blues..........seriously, that was nothing near the intensity of a finals match. And the blues are just making up the numbers.

The Dockers will find out what finals is all about come 3:20pm sat arvo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back