Preview Fremantle v Hawthorn - Elimination Final, Subiaco, Sat 4 September 3.20pm Changes and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You fancy our chances of stopping Sandi like that? If he goes forward, we need to win the clearances and make him a non-issue.

Never said anything about stopping him..... just instead of out biggest guys sitting on the bench they can help out down back and make him at least try harder. His foot is still suspect so we need to make him at least work for marks rather than just stand there. One awkward landing on that foot might just be enough..... ;-)

Never said anything about stopping him..... just instead of out biggest guys sitting on the bench they can help out down back and make him at least try harder. His foot is still suspect so we need to make him at least work for marks rather than just stand there. One awkward landing on that foot might just be enough..... ;-)

Why would you waste all that time until he land awkwardly when u could just stomp on his foot accidently. ;)

For some reason I can see Freo clogging it up and preventing any run from us. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Get Buddy as the anchor in the goal square, with roughy lurking at CHF

How did Leuenberger go against Sandilands? I think he's probably the most similar player to Renouf this year in that he's 21 yet still relatively raw and has a good leap and mobility around the ground.

According to Footywire, they went head-to-head (no Mitch Clark or Kepler/Zac Clarke etc.) in Round 7 at the Gabba where Sandilands won the hit-outs 27-19. Leuenberger had 15 touches, Sandilands 21 and a goal.

yeah leuenberger was praised by voss after the game, but it was one of those games where sandilands was clearly dominant, but leuy held his own. kinda like mcphee on judd, everyone saw judd got 30 touches and had an influence, but everyone expected judd to get 50 and kick a million goals. best way i can explain it.

i seriously think that on paper hawthorn are locks for the win, all the experience, a fit and healthy squad to choose from. against our boys who have been so tough and gallant all year, but have injuries to key personell, and probably lack both the size and experience to go too far into september this year. we rely so much on the trio of sandilands, pavlich and hill that if more than one of them is blanketed for the game we struggle. having said all that, we have proved the footy world wrong all year.

verdict
heart- Freo by 11 points
head- hawthorn by 11 points

of and btw... if fremantle cant win the flag this year, just make sure those collingwood pricks dont PLEASE!!!

In: Hodge
Out: Hooper

Hooper does apply great defensive pressure but his fitness is suspect and he just doesn't get his hands on the footy enough. I would almost be tempted to drop Whitecross too for Shiels. We are going to need some speed at Subiaco.

Also, what is going on with Roughead? He really is in trouble. He just could not get into the game over the weekend and has been struggling for an extended period. Very troubling indeed. I've advocated for months that he should be tried in a different position. Either further up the ground or at CHB. Clarkson should play him where he can get more involved. We need him firing to be a real flag threat.

In: Hodge
Out: Hooper

Hooper does apply great defensive pressure but his fitness is suspect and he just doesn't get his hands on the footy enough. I would almost be tempted to drop Whitecross too for Shiels. We are going to need some speed at Subiaco.

Also, what is going on with Roughead? He really is in trouble. He just could not get into the game over the weekend and has been struggling for an extended period. Very troubling indeed. I've advocated for months that he should be tried in a different position. Either further up the ground or at CHB. Clarkson should play him where he can get more involved. We need him firing to be a real flag threat.

Yet Hooper he was most influential in the last quarter.

As far as Roughy goes as much as he needs to improved his ability to stretch the opposition defence is invaluable for us.

As I've stated many many times......I'm not very smart.

What time and what channel is the game being shown in Melbourne?

I cant find any information on this either, AFL website doesnt say and havent seen it anywhere.
Can anyone shed any light on this one?

I cant find any information on this either, AFL website doesnt say and havent seen it anywhere.
Can anyone shed any light on this one?

Obviously either 7 or 10 (Hopefully 10, not so many adds and I cant stand David Schwarz). And if I am correct, no games on Foxtel.

Did anyone watch the Freo Blues game last week? Both teams are rubbish. We need to start thinking about who we will play V the saints.

Agree with 4P. Sav has been very good and offers run. Not sure he chases enough possessions but he would be handy on a fast track. Same goes for Shiela, but he finds more of the ball.

We can afford to rest Hodge, Ossie and Young and still win with one leg in the air.

Harden up people.

For mine one of the biggest threats comes from Hill.

We'll have to reduce his run, goal scoring prowess and entries into the forward 50.

He's the guy that really lifts their side and particularly the crowd.

Who is our ideal match up for him? Bateman?
Some on the Fremantle board are anticipating a head to head with Rioli.
Think we might lose more than we'd gain if that eventuates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changa would probably be no.1 candidate to run with him, however after the job Ellis did on Thomas last Saturday, I'd like to think he could give a repeat performance against this bloke.

We'll have to reduce his run, goal scoring prowess and entries into the forward 50.

He's the guy that really lifts their side and particularly the crowd.

Some on the Fremantle board are anticipating a head to head with Rioli.
Think we might lose more than we'd gain if that eventuates.
I'd suggest this is incredibly wishful thinking on their part. We will send someone to him (most likely Changa) because he showed Carlton on Friday night what happens if you don't.

In the mids we need to send someone to Hill and maybe have Sewelly keep a close eye on Mundy, those are the main two. Then if we put some real work into Sandi, Pav and maybe MJ we should be right. Those are the only ones I'm worried about whereas when you look at it from their POV we have a lot more guys capable of breaking the game open who require close attention.

Obviously either 7 or 10 (Hopefully 10, not so many adds and I cant stand David Schwarz). And if I am correct, no games on Foxtel.

Looks like it will be 10, so we can all put up with Kelli Underwood calling everyone of our players Jarryd Roughead!!:D

Burgoyne looks a real danger to us, so creative with the ball to release players. I would consider McPhee on him, how does he go when tagged??

Burgoyne looks a real danger to us, so creative with the ball to release players. I would consider McPhee on him, how does he go when tagged??

Not a great player under a tag. That said Burgoyne's greatest strength is his ability to generate clearances which makes it difficult to remove him from the game.

In short if you tag him he'll still get clearances but we won't be able to use him as the distributor we have been recently.

Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell and Rioli are the main guys that should be considered for tagging.

Not sure you'll want to go in with four taggers so I'm wondering which ones Freo will end up putting the clamps on?

As stated previously we'll have our eyes on Hill (I'm expecting Ellis or Bateman) and Mundy (Sewell).

If this game was about the names on paper we'd have it covered easily. Unfortunately it's just not that simple.

Changa would probably be no.1 candidate to run with him, however after the job Ellis did on Thomas last Saturday, I'd like to think he could give a repeat performance against this bloke.

Last year we rotated 4 players as tags, we also closed down the corrdior to stop Hill running into the forward 50M like Dasher does and it worked too from memory :)

Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell and Rioli are the main guys that should be considered for tagging.

Not sure you'll want to go in with four taggers so I'm wondering which ones Freo will end up putting the clamps on?

I reckon Hodge and Burger will cop a tag, which means we need a massive game from Mitch and Sewell :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back