Preview Fremantle v Hawthorn - Elimination Final, Subiaco, Sat 4 September 3.20pm Changes and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hawks vs Someone - First Final, Changes and Discussion

It's out of playing Freo at Subi or playing Sydney at the MCG! We will win anywhere!

IN: Hodge
OUT: Whitecross

Out: Whitecross
In: Hodge

That's all I'm expecting, now go Lions!

~ Yaelius

No brainer really, regardless of who/where we play.

in; luke skywalker
out; whiteX

Wonder if Toovey who took Osborne down off the ball with a punch to the midriff will get suspended? And Wellingham for his deliberate elbow to Mitchell's head??

But Yeah in Hodge.... out WhiteX (who actually showed a little today) or Osborne if he gets cited.

More concern over Wellingham's elbow to Rioli, than the one to Mitchell - as the umpire was watching Mitchell's incident and didn't award a free - can't have the umpires look bad can we.

Could Stratton possibly get cited for his accidental blow on Jolly that required him to leave the field under the blood rule?

I know it was accidental but cos he was going in to the punch the ball away and instead made head high contact in the face area it just looks really bad.

Could Stratton possibly get cited for his accidental blow on Jolly that required him to leave the field under the blood rule?

I know it was accidental but cos he was going in to the punch the ball away and instead made head high contact in the face area it just looks really bad.

Two Words "No Way"

Um, Whitecross? Really?

How about

Out: Hooper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, Whitecross? Really?

How about

Out: Hooper

Thats more my thinking too Mess.

Whitex is playing Birch's role down back so perhaps one of Hooper/Petersen will make way for Hodge.

Thats more my thinking too Mess.

Whitex is playing Birch's role down back so perhaps one of Hooper/Petersen will make way for Hodge.

Definitely Hoops. Crucial work late in the game, but had 2 possies up to 3/4 time. Whitey acting as a leading forward on occasions creates some mismatch difficulties also. He really was quite good today. He has earnt his spot.

Hooper plays, we win.

Only the early Geelong match where he did the hammy have we lost with him in the side. We were killing them at that stage he went off.

Whitecross on the other hand...not as pretty, but if he plays HBF, i can handle him staying

Hooper plays, we win.

Only the early Geelong match where he did the hammy have we lost with him in the side. We were killing them at that stage he went off.

Whitecross on the other hand...not as pretty, but if he plays HBF, i can handle him staying

He hobbled off 2 minutes into the 1st qtr, but yeah, we were all over them at that stage :D

I reckon the coaching staff have held him back ready for the finals. He will not be omitted.

Definitely Hoops. Crucial work late in the game, but had 2 possies up to 3/4 time. Whitey acting as a leading forward on occasions creates some mismatch difficulties also. He really was quite good today. He has earnt his spot.

Tagged/defensive job on O'Brien today kept him to a fairly low possession count, provided pressure and intensity in our forward line, which meant that the ball didn't come out of our forward line as easily and as quickly as it has been for the majority of the year. Eitherway who ever goes out will consider themselves very unlucky.

What Hooper offers us teamwise/in the forward line I think out weighs what Whitey offers us team wise. It also frees up Brown to go back.

Should be an interesting match. With most of our main players back (Except Tarrant and what looks like Ballantyne with a stress fracture) on our home ground should be a cracker of a game.

I think Hawthorns experience will win over the top of us but it is going to be a ripper of a match.

Re: Fremantle v Hawthorn - Elimination Final, Subiaco, date TBA Changes and Discussion

With Hodge back in the side I wonder who gets shifted out?

If he plays predominately midfield you'd expect Lewis to be pushed out to the wing or up forward. This means we lose one of Peterson, Hooper or Ozzie to make room.

Will be interesting to see how we combat Sandilands. Watching him against Carlton he was awesome - but I was absolutely stunned at how much room he was afforded around stoppages. Some closer checking/decent tackling aroudn the ruck contest would have halved the guy's impact.

Can't see us winning. Will be close for 2.5 quarters, but we will lose our way late.

Need to stop Pav, Fyfe, and those mongrel small forwards

Tagged/defensive job on O'Brien today kept him to a fairly low possession count, provided pressure and intensity in our forward line, which meant that the ball didn't come out of our forward line as easily and as quickly as it has been for the majority of the year. Eitherway who ever goes out will consider themselves very unlucky.

What Hooper offers us teamwise/in the forward line I think out weighs what Whitey offers us team wise. It also frees up Brown to go back.

He did have that job on HarryO; I think Harry got enough of it (and Hoops didn't do enough going the other way) to consider the assignment a success.

I do like Hooper but he would have to be first off to make way for #15.

Should be an interesting match. With most of our main players back (Except Tarrant and what looks like Ballantyne with a stress fracture) on our home ground should be a cracker of a game.

I think Hawthorns experience will win over the top of us but it is going to be a ripper of a match.

Will be an interesting match because of the last contest we had. I wonder if Hawthorn showed too much of our hand? I wonder if the travel will wreck us (we have travelled extremely badly this year)? I wonder if our seasoned finalists will come back with the hunger of our last final series?

Was it me or did Ozzie hit one of the Pies players? Can't remember when it was but I was sure I saw a replay of him lifting the elbow straight into the Collingwood player's head and making contact.

Hoping i'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back