Toast Fremantle's 1st 2016 Rookie Draft Pick: Taylin Duman [Pick #3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this guy, wiry and strong for his build, composed and neat with his kick, usually takes the right option and has cut out a lot of the brainfades of inexperience. I also find myself thinking "gee that was a brave/hard effort from Duman" at least a couple of times per game

So I'm not the only member of the dude's fan club now I see.

He's always gonna be a bit of a heart in the mouth type player at times but I've always thought he still goes alright, at the least a handy back up on the list.

I'm not sure you were the only member, I recall getting pilloried for years for saying Duman was a better prospect than Nyhuis. Luckily like that Rhino I also have a thick skin and a short memory as to who the main Nyhuis lovers were.

I'm not sure you were the only member, I recall getting pilloried for years for saying Duman was a better prospect than Nyhuis. Luckily like that Rhino I also have a thick skin and a short memory as to who the main Nyhuis lovers were.
Reckon I got in an argument with someone about Nhyuis vs Duman when I said that Duman had more hurt factor or something. They cited Nyhuis' debut but feeling pretty good about it now.

Reckon I got in an argument with someone about Nhyuis vs Duman when I said that Duman had more hurt factor or something. They cited Nyhuis' debut but feeling pretty good about it now.
Realistically there isn't a lot of difference between the two, it's just that one is enough.

Realistically there isn't a lot of difference between the two, it's just that one is enough.
I would have thought that they are two very different players. Duman is taller, faster , more precise with his kicking and a better player than Nyhuis and that’s why Nyhuis is not on our list anymore and Duman is. It’s not really rocket science to work that one out.

I would have thought that they are two very different players. Duman is taller, faster , more precise with his kicking and a better player than Nyhuis and that’s why Nyhuis is not on our list anymore and Duman is. It’s not really rocket science to work that one out.
He's taller but I don't think speed was an issue with Nyhuis. Either of them would be the 6-10th member of our defence.

So I'm not the only member of the dude's fan club now I see.

He's always gonna be a bit of a heart in the mouth type player at times but I've always thought he still goes alright, at the least a handy back up on the list.

I never understood why he copped so much on here. I always thought he was a tidy, reliable player at worst.

I think the worst thing I've ever said about him is that I think Watson probably has a higher ceiling. Duman's last game showed he might have a higher ceiling than I thought though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never understood why he copped so much on here. I always thought he was a tidy, reliable player at worst.

I think the worst thing I've ever said about him is that I think Watson probably has a higher ceiling. Duman's last game showed he might have a higher ceiling than I thought though.
Group think in an opposite way to Blakey.

Group think in an opposite way to Blakey.

I'll admit I was one who always thought Blakely would be a good player and that he was being hard done by. Finally started to lose confidence in that now though.

My perspective on this is he has actually improved significantly.

Go back and look his whole of game performance gains Geelong in 2019. He was a disaster. His game against Melbourne in 2020 is chalk and cheese. He was one of the best handling players on the pitch and no clangers like there was against Geelong last year.

I'll admit I was one who always thought Blakely would be a good player and that he was being hard done by. Finally started to lose confidence in that now though.

Me too. Think he needs to change clubs and start afresh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back