Review Geelong defeats Lions by 27 points

Remove this Banner Ad

95% of opposition supporters too

Actually, great reminder - I'm off to have a gander at the Hawks board. I bet the gleeful posting in their opposition thread dries up half through the third :p

Have a look at the Richmond board and the noticeable tone change of posts from the start to finish.

You'll immediately feel 10 times dumber after reading it though.

Has anyone seen the Selwood strike? I hope Michael Christian hasn’t and I’m not seeing it discussed here.

If you're mentioning it (no matter where you heard about it), you can be sure Christian is all over it.

Hope there's nothing to be concerned about, the skipper is travelling very well at the moment.

it should be, and i think it will be... there was a later bump he laid that im worried might get him a week or two.
I hope there might be a bit of leniency this season with 50/50 decisions with no damage done,the players are already giving up plenty physically, mentally and monetary to try and keep the competition alive.Not much to be gained in having players sitting around away from home suspended for lower end indiscretions.

Simpson's game tonight reminded me of a bloke who used to play for us in the early to mid 90s. Had dark, wavy hair and also wore #37. Can't for the life of me think of his name now... ;)
Not sure if you or anyone can remember, but was the #37 free when Sam was drafted or did a player vacate the number for him?

I know some sons seem to like the tradition of wearing their dads number while others are happy to take a new number

I have to give credit to both him for developing and our coaches for playing him as a full time mid in the VFL last year...i thought he was just a small forward but they have really added something o his game and I'd like to see him get a block of games from here. the kid really puts his head over the ball for a little guy.
O'Bree....

If you're mentioning it (no matter where you heard about it), you can be sure Christian is all over it.

Hope there's nothing to be concerned about, the skipper is travelling very well at the moment.

Feels like I’m trying to hide an elephant in a room whistling away saying nothing to see here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Hawkins. He is having a great year. Their was a passage of play where he took a kick into the forward 50, saw it was a two on one (Joel being the one) so kicked it to the boundary side of Joel, then ran forward to do the ruck from the throw in. He’s having a great year.
It was the smart play and that’s where there experiences comes into it , Hawkins also seems more fitter this year as well.

Not sure if you or anyone can remember, but was the #37 free when Sam was drafted or did a player vacate the number for him?

I know some sons seem to like the tradition of wearing their dads number while others are happy to take a new number
I was listening to a thing with Billy. He and Sean were hanging out couple of years ago, thought they'd drop in on Gaz who was staying nearby.
Walked in and he was G'day Billy, Hey mate.
It's Sean Gaz. I played with you for 5 years.
Ahhh yyyeaaahh. Ahhh hey ahh Sean

Sean Simpson was a tryer at best with limited skills. Sam actually looks like a more accomplished footballer, although he seems to struggle to kick over 45 metres. There are worse sins - he can definitely hit a target, and his handball is excellent.

With Parfitt emerging as a quality mid fielder are we missing Tim Kelly.? Is Tim Kelly really a star and complete footballer? Is Parfitt better? I say Parfitt wins more contested ball and does more pressure acts, as good and better. To get high draft picks is overs for Tim Kelly. Not missing Tim !!

Last edited:
Feels like I’m trying to hide an elephant in a room whistling away saying nothing to see here.

Given it's the skipper, it's probably more akin to attempting to conceal a blue whale in your bathtub.

He really is reviled by so many across the football world, simply for being an absolute champion player and competitor.

Never been a 'good bloke' clause for him across his entire career...

With Parfitt emerging as a quality mid fielder are we missing Tim Kelly.? Is Tim Kelly really a star and complete footballer? Is Parfitt better? I say Parfitt wins more contested ball and does pressure more acts and as good and better. To get high draft picks is overs for Tim Kelly. Not missing Tim !!

I'm missing Kelly's class. But I've always been a huge fan of Parfitt's poise in close and his hardness around the contest.

It's OK to see it both ways.

Ironically He is the sad old guy who needs to call it a day.

Spot on there pollywaffle.

This is what really happened.

Bruce is having a funny old night. Ooooooooohhhhhhhh Brucey. Brucey Brucey Brucey.
He's struggling.
HE IS STRUGGLING!
And you don't say that lightly about the little commentator.
You don't say it with all the reverence it deserves - but he's struggling.

I know that Stewart is virtually a lock to return once recovered from his current injury, but not sure a player like Clark is going to find it easy to break into the back 6/7 that has been playing alongside each other over recent weeks
Since the restart we have conceded the following scores:
Hawks - 47
Blues - 79
Demons - 44
Suns - 52
Lions - 46

Surely that makes it hard to displace anyone from the current defensive unit - unless there's an injury or management need

Clarks best way of breaking back into the side may be replacing one of Duncan or Narkle who'd you'd expect to miss a week or 2, and have him slot into the wing spot he played for a good amount of last season

Sean Simpson was a tryer at best with limited skills. Sam actually looks like a more accomplished footballer, although he seems to struggle to kick over 45 metres. There are worse sins - he can definitely hit a target, and his handball is excellent.
Sean could find the pill though..Looks like he might have passed that on

Clarks best way of breaking back into the side may be replacing one of Duncan or Narkle who'd you'd expect to miss a week or 2, and have him slot into the wing spot he played for a good amount of last season

Not entirely sure about the Clark positional question in the long term. But I think you're absolutely right about Jordan's prospects of senior footy in 2020, at the very least.

Further injuries aside, I don't see him breaking into the back 'seven' at this point. And that's before you even consider getting our AA defender back in there somewhere when he's right to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back