Review Geelong defeats Sydney by 12 points - Rd 16, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

if my assumption is correct, i think that is a small sign, but an important sign, that he is engahed with each game 100% - the absence of which is what i believe has made him look poor in the past.

I will say, I wish he did more in defence when he's down there. All too often (this week and last), the ball would come back inboard rather than over the line because he did go for a mark in a pack. He needs to punch that ball 10 rows deep and allow us to set up. I can think of at least 2 goals the swans scored last night (not just Stanley's fault, can't remember if he was there for both of them), where the ball could easily have been taken over and no called deliberate, and they tried to keep it in, and from the resulting pressure a goal was scored.

Whatever the case is, that's two weeks out of three that the second-tall down back has really ripped us a new one. I would really, really like to see Hendo play forward this weekend - just give it a go, Cats...
Who played chb for the doggies?

Thursday night footy got me again.
That's the second week in a row I've completely forgotten there was footy on.

Oh well, at least we won.
Tap yourself on the head with a ball peen hammer the lump will remind you it's the same next week.:D

Last edited:
Harry back and Henry forward if Crameri isn't going to cut the mustard. Henry has been brilliant down back but also played most of his development footy up forward. Is it too risky? maybe, but I cant see his goal kicking being any worse than Harry's currently. He has stepped up big time this season, and reads the flight extremely well. Could he adjust to a role up forward? Would also counter the slowness of Menzel and Harry up forward as he is quicker and more athletic than both.

It's not so much Crameri not cutting the mustard but rather that he is missing due to an eye injury:

STEWART Crameri has undergone two bouts of laser surgery on an eye injury suffered last month.
The Geelong forward suffered an accident poke in the eye during a marking contest in the VFL clash with North Melbourne on June 9 and hasn’t played since.

Henry has drifted forward at times this year and his kicking for goal was worse than Taylor's last week - also not sure the benefit of taking Henry out of the backline where he has slotted in & is developing nicely to instead play him forward.

Our defence has been a real strength this year, I'd rather not start messing with it and interrupting the cohesion that is being formed

Credit due -

- Scott and MC - good team selection. In particular- Took a punt on JJ but it paid off.

- Guthrie- been hammered on these pages for 18 months, with some justification, but was very good

Need to work on -
- composure- so many burned opportunities
- playing on duey surface - large reason for their poor goal kicking and lack of composure

Credit due -

- Scott and MC - good team selection. In particular- Took a punt on JJ but it paid off.

- Guthrie- been hammered on these pages for 18 months, with some justification, but was very good

Need to work on -
- playing on duey surface - large reason for their poor goal kicking and lack of composure
Horrible first half had plenty of the ball but kept running himself up dry gully's resulting in dinky panic little kicks and handballs,better second half, used it better and his work one out on Buddy in one contest was a highlight of the night.

Credit due -

Need to work on -
Guthrie's run was pretty good last night but he panics a little at times. If he didn't pull out of that marking contest last week we win the game and sit in the top 4. That's my concern with him, he's a little timid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

o comparison, Kelly by a VERY long way
I know there is a discussion going on but .....which of Fog or Kelly would you give up? Answer is neither.

I meant this to sound rhetorical, given that both have been very impressive ( especially Kelly) but in Fogartys defence Fog is still a Kid, Kelly is a mature ager,

Lol.
I meant clean disposals.
It wasn't too bad given the dew that covered the ground although we appear to slip over more than other clubs do. It's an ongoing issue. Who decides on what boots to wear because they're not doing their job.

Horrible first half had plenty of the ball but kept running himself up dry gully's resulting in dinky panic little kicks and handballs,better second half, used it better and his work one out on Buddy in one contest was a highlight of the night.
Wow. Blinded by your preconceptions. Guthrie was great, particularly the first half.

Cuthrie Make me laugh- If he was as fast as he thinks he is would be such a a weapon! Done ok last two games though,

I found it completely idiotic that BT was alluding to the ongoing conversation between Daisy and Danger as something more...

Danger's wife plays in the tier 2 AFL womens comp, Daisy is arguably the best player in the womens comp, Danger the same in the mens. They can enjoy each other's company as two colleagues without it being anything more. No-one would have said a thing if it was two men chatting away and laughing.
Great FS pedigree though..

It wasn't too bad given the dew that covered the ground although we appear to slip over more than other clubs do. It's an ongoing issue. Who decides on what boots to wear because they're not doing their job.
They don't wear long stops. Well, completely rare.
And all the grass is cut to the same length Australia wide. Probably just comes down to how compacted the soil is.

That being said, if you're wrong footed on dewy ground you'll always lose your feet.
And as I've heard mentioned before on commentary, players who aren't handling pressure will lose their feet.

They don't wear long stops. Well, completely rare.
And all the grass is cut to the same length Australia wide. Probably just comes down to how compacted the soil is.

That being said, if you're wrong footed on dewy ground you'll always lose your feet.
And as I've heard mentioned before on commentary, players who aren't handling pressure will lose their feet.
Your last sentence makes sense given our recent finals performances.

Watching on TV it didn't look like the Swans players were losing their feet but I may not have been paying enough attention but I particularly noticed Geelong players doing it a hell of a lot. It's more prevalent at interstate venues too.

strangely enough, i did not!

i hate to bring up baseball again, but when the cubs won their first world series in 108 years, the ONE commentator in the box, during the last play, said 'this will be a tough play ... the cubs ... win the world series!'

and then he said NOTHING for about 5 minutes. the images played, and they said it all.

that is what australian commentators will never understand. when the dogs and tigers finally won their flags, bruce and co just had to fill the air with the empty cliched platitudes. its possibly a consequence of there being 4-6 of them at all times. that many people means the space will always be filled.

i also just loathe current and active players being involved in commentary. i could MAYBE forgive it if they were injured for the season. the interviews on field immediately prior to and during the game are an awful idea. i enjoy the game, but the AFL as an entity do not even know what a pulse is, let alone have their finger anywhere near it.

one of the least 'cool' organisations in the world, in my opinion. the promo shots players do to camera, played after they kick a goal - nat fyfe beckoning the viewer towards him with a flick of his hand - are straight up embarrassing.

so yeah, you could say i didnt like it!

and yet, i dont mind BT :think:
Great post except the last sentence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back