Review Geelong defeats Tiggers by 63 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A win worth more that the 4 points.
Restored confidence that they can beat the Tigers.
Demonstrated the Cats need to play fast attacking football.
Showed Blitz is an effective ruckman
Confirmed that Close and Narkle deserve regular game time
Boosted belief that a premiership win is possible
Taught the Kittens how to play under intense pressure
Suggested that Go-Slo-Kolo is not an automatic selection
Proved the long kick down the boundary is a last resort
Discovered some selections forced by injury are a better alternative
Established the rise of Jack Henry
Made evident Touhy is better value coming off the backline.
Provided much need depth to the playing list.
Helped forwards understand their team cohesion.
Straightened up and sped up ball usage
Gave confidence for players to kick long to the forwards under pressure.
Cameron released Rohan to fly under the radar.
Relieved the fear that some new imports were too old, too slow.

their outs probably hurt them more

I don't buy it. They yell from the rooftops about how they're a "systems" team and that the players don't matter.

Which is fine when they've had a blessed run with injuries. But lo and behold their luck runs out on the injury front and all of a sudden they're being belted.

They came hard and through every thing at us when we hit the lead in the third quarter for 10 or so minutes but the Cats never took a backwards step and indeed counter punched themselves with aggression,we broke them there.

Spot on. They play dirty, Richmond, hit hard in play, niggle and just slightly after our mark, so no penalty. All part of their chaos.
It was like we said stuff this, we're going to give as good as we get.
Just watching the second half again and bodies in, tackles hard and gang aggression, quick hands = Winners.

I don't buy it. They yell from the rooftops about how they're a "systems" team and that the players don't matter.

Which is fine when they've had a blessed run with injuries. But lo and behold their luck runs out on the injury front and all of a sudden they're being belted.

go and grab 22 guys from StMary's and see if the players do not matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players out helped but it was our change in gameplan and execution that won it not their outs.

Well that's my point. They *do* matter.

Hardwick and co are the ones going on about their systems game one soldier out, one in etc - so they don't get the excuse of having players out

Last edited:
Jesus dude... Richmond had worse injuries, our win was not repeatable, we only won with accurate kicking etc. Are you even a cats fan? :D

1..I think their outs hurts them more than us. Cotchin whacks in, almost dirty sometimes when things get tough. Grimes Their backline spilts at least 3 marks which directly gave us goals.

2. Our three forwards kicking 15.3. get back to me when we do that again.

3. Only accurate kicking ? quote where I said that.Tonight was good to see but if we kicked poorly at goal it obviously would have been a different scoreboard. We may have still won but it would not have been a win like we had. Last week showed what poor kicking does to a collection statistical numbers that should produce a win. Hawkins kicked two goals tonight that were at his high end best. Last week he missed far easier shots.

4 A fan yes. A supporter Yes

Last edited:
Well that's my point. They *do* matter.

Hardwick and co are the ones going on about their systems game one soldier out, one in - so they don't get the excuse of having players out

Soldier in soldier out. It just coach talk. If it did not matter at all the VFL side could play. Sometimes some players can be replaced but take the best out of any side it hurts

2. Our three forwards kicking 15.3. get back to me when we do that again.
Sure, it was good kicking. But the team as a whole kicked 19.12 - that's certainly repeatable. The game was won by effort and game plan. Not by lucky goalkicking or fortunate injury differentials. Get your head out of the sand. You don't win the disposal count by 439 to 308 without earning it.

Players out helped but it was our change in gameplan and execution that won it not their outs.

It was a factor. Same as our extreme accuracy was. I do not think we missed anyone that was out tonight why I do think Rich missed Cotchin and Grimes.
If we had not played as we did , perhaps then their absence would have been noticed. Rich had a lot of flag players tonight, and the had Martin out there. They had enough talent to be closer than 10 goals

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back