Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow my memory playing tricks on me, didn't remember Cameron kicking a goal in the first quarter, I do remember someone at the GF party I was at saying "what a massive lead Geelong have and Cameron and Rohan haven't done anything yet."
It wasn’t a goal, it looked like it was going through, but ended up hitting the post. Presumably the krock commentators corrected their call of goal, but the way whoever it was spliced the highlights together, you don’t get to hear it.

It wasn’t a goal, it looked like it was going through, but ended up hitting the post. Presumably the krock commentators corrected their call of goal, but the way whoever it was spliced the highlights together, you don’t get to hear it.
HA! That explains that then. I thought he didn't kick the goal, and the KRock guys called it a goal. I thought he missed it as well.

That absolutely threw me right off :$

HA! That explains that then. I thought he didn't kick the goal, and the KRock guys called it a goal. I thought he missed it as well.

That absolutely threw me right off :$
Kingy called it a goal but then added it hits the post 1/3 the way up…

Go Catters…

Ps I may have listened a little too much lol

Watched the first half again. I’ve said it before but bloody hell the commentary is atrocious. You would almost think it’s a preseason game.
I’m looking forward to the blu ray with multiple commentaries.

BT & JB were absolutely horrendous, should never commentate a GF again.

ezgif-2-b6218acac6-gif.1518335

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but having a look around online for a copy of the Grand Final the options are Blu-ray or DVD but the victory pack is DVD only? Has anyone heard any different?
The Victory Pack will have the Quarter- and Prelim-Finals on DVD, and the Grand Final on BOTH DVD and Blu Ray, as can be seen on the pic below via JB HIfi:
592735-Product-2-I-638010049640823867_1120x.jpg
Is there a Blu Ray version [of the Complete Season Collection]? It's a nice collection but it's 576p, which is kind of inadequate with the displays in use today. I understand BD doesn't have the widespread adoption DVD has had, but the superior format would be a nice option for archival purposes. Better to watch on Kayo otherwise. If this were a better format, it may be preferable to streaming because you always have it and the quality should be better than streaming.
Unfortunately, the Complete Season Collection IS DVD only.
However, the BluRay of the Grand Final IS available separately
So you could get those two sets & not have any overlap in terms of discs.

I do think the AFL needs to take a closer look at Blu-ray for their home video releases. Even if a match or final is only standard def, you can put hours of SD video on Blu Rays.
Perfect example would be a 3-disc Geelong set; 1 Bluray each for the 2011 & 2022 Grand Finals, and a third disc for the 2007 & 2009 Grand Finals PLUS all existing footage from the 1963 Grand Final, with room to spare for, I don't know, Season Highlights from '07, '09 & '11 for example.

The Victory Pack will have the Quarter- and Prelim-Finals on DVD, and the Grand Final on BOTH DVD and Blu Ray, as can be seen on the pic below via JB HIfi:
592735-Product-2-I-638010049640823867_1120x.jpg

Unfortunately, the Complete Season Collection IS DVD only.
However, the BluRay of the Grand Final IS available separately
So you could get those two sets & not have any overlap in terms of discs.

I do think the AFL needs to take a closer look at Blu-ray for their home video releases. Even if a match or final is only standard def, you can put hours of SD video on Blu Rays.
Perfect example would be a 3-disc Geelong set; 1 Bluray each for the 2011 & 2022 Grand Finals, and a third disc for the 2007 & 2009 Grand Finals PLUS all existing footage from the 1963 Grand Final, with room to spare for, I don't know, Season Highlights from '07, '09 & '11 for example.
Not sure how many people have blu ray players. Disturbingly, quite a few people I know don’t even have a DVD player :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how many people have blu ray players. Disturbingly, quite a few people I know don’t even have a DVD player :think:

I haven't touched a dedicated optical player for years. But I still buy DVDs and BDs.

As soon as I get one, it gets run through a rip-and-compress cycle on the PC.

I feel much better about having all that stuff on hard drives than fragile optical discs.

I haven't touched a dedicated optical player for years. But I still buy DVDs and BDs.

As soon as I get one, it gets run through a rip-and-compress cycle on the PC.

I feel much better about having all that stuff on hard drives than fragile optical discs.
Not sure why people are hanging out for the physical discs

I've downloaded all the content with all commentarys someone linked here. I then just use and HDMI cable or USC-C to plug into my TV.

Better picture that what you will get from DVD or BluRay

Not sure why people are hanging out for the physical discs

I've downloaded all the content with all commentarys someone linked here. I then just use and HDMI cable or USC-C to plug into my TV.

Better picture that what you will get from DVD or BluRay
Thing is, not everything is available online, by a long shot. I also don't like being dependent on streaming providers.

But yeah, I got hold of all 4 modern Cats GFs through non-disc means, much handier that way if you can track them down.

Sorry if this has been asked/should be posted elsewhere, but has anyone purchased the ‘holy grail’ framed premiership print/poster?

If so; any good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back