No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Came to casey fields for the womens match, stayed for the mens.
So odd seeing lewie in diff colours. :(
I thought both games were women. Carlton were pathetic, but just heard they drew level in the last, how?
Womens' games remind me of school footy, not very scientific, and not particular entertaining..

If you ever offer me a lift - please remind me to say "PASS"

No worries. But I'll save you a seat at the stadium so you don't miss out. :)

I thought both games were women. Carlton were pathetic, but just heard they drew level in the last, how?
Womens' games remind me of school footy, not very scientific, and not particular entertaining..
Carlton's women team drew level in the last
The real Carlton team (men) got smashed all day

0.05 nation wide.

When it first came in, it was .08 everywhere except Victoria where it was .05.

The other states soon went to 0.05 when they could see the revenue we were making down here.

Carlton's women team drew level in the last
The real Carlton team (men) got smashed all day

That's the(my) problem. Too much bloody footy now, you don't know which game they're talking about, especially when you only hear half a conversation. Having said that, the real Carlton team could well be their women's team.

Have to feel for Bolts, another long, hard year in store for him.

When it first came in, it was .08 everywhere except Victoria where it was .05.

The other states soon went to 0.05 when they could see the revenue we were making down here.

I know it was introduced in Victoria in 1961, as I was one of the first invited to "would you blow into this, please sir?"
Stopped I in Swanston Street, near Flinders, and taken in for testing. That was October 1961, and it lead to an interesting court case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the(my) problem. Too much bloody footy now, you don't know which game they're talking about, especially when you only hear half a conversation. Having said that, the real Carlton team could well be their women's team.

Have to feel for Bolts, another long, hard year in store for him.

It's still pre-season - remember a few years back when Carlton played Brisbane in the NAB Cup grand final and neither made the top 8. Or when we lost every game to nothing sides and won the flag. Reading too much into these games is fraught with danger.

It's still pre-season - remember a few years back when Carlton played Brisbane in the NAB Cup grand final and neither made the top 8. Or when we lost every game to nothing sides and won the flag. Reading too much into these games is fraught with danger.

I agree seeing these as a forerunner to the h&a season form is pointless, but I even reckon a blind person would agree Bolts will find wins difficult this year. To me they didn't look committed, and that's a bad sign.

Or the road toll...
The reduction of the road toll?

Try any combination of the following:
Anti lock brakes
Airbags
Stability control
Pre tension seatbelts
Crumple zones
Intrusion bars
Collapsible steering columns
Improved lighting (both on car & roadside)
Improved road conditions
Better brakes
Better handling
Better tyre technology
Crash barriers
Removal of roadside hazards
Improved medical intervention

All have had a much greater impact on reducing the road toll than either the legal BAC or the reduction of speed limits.

Last edited:
The reduction of the road toll?

Try any combination of the following:
Anti lock brakes
Airbags
Stability control
Pre tension seatbelts
Crumple zones
Intrusion bars
Collapsible steering columns
Improved lighting (both on car & roadside)
Improved road conditions
Better brakes
Better handling
Better tyre technology
Crash barriers
Removal of roadside hazards
Improved medical intervention

All have had a much greater impact on reducing the road toll than either the legal BAC or the reduction of speed limits.
Take some responsibility yourself. All of these things are great however you're still twice as likely to crash if you're at 0.05.

If you don't like the fine, don't drink drive. Simples.

Does the bloke who thinks 130 is ok do 90 around the city? Ffs the state of some people..

130 on a highway is not unsafe should you be sticking in the right lane. Honestly - there is a huge difference between say doing 60 in a suburban street that's designated 40 because there are people around, cars pulling out of parking spaces etc. You need to slow the * down because you need to allow for things to happen. On a highway it's a very different - and doing 130 isn't exactly unsafe. Having driven 130 through Europe (where it's the posted limit) on roads that are much the same as ours (albeit with more toll stations) it's really not that crazy driving at that speed.

Take some responsibility yourself. All of these things are great however you're still twice as likely to crash if you're at 0.05.

Agreed, I don't really think the 0.05 limit was a revenue raising thing. It's more of a getting people off the road who have deliberately impaired their ability to drive a fast and heavy object that could kill people.

Hey we're talking road toll here.
That means fatality.
Putting your girlfriends Jeep into 6 parked cars at 40kph doesn't count.

Let's not forget that there are 5 times more vehicles on the road now than when the 0.05 law got passed.

Yes of course the BAC limit of 0.05 and speeding contributes to the probability of being involved in an accident. But only a simpleton believes their propaganda linking both directly with reducing the road toll without acknowledging all the technology advance in the same time period.

Revenue
Revenue
Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back