No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFLW is of the same standard as the VFL was at the beginning of the competition in the 1800s

Don't know why the expectations were so high - more than half the girls had never played before.

I didn't watch the whole season but from where it started to today's game I thought the improvement was there.

I'm not overly fussed if I'm honest but I hope for all the young girls out there that it does continue to grow

Don't know why the expectations were so high - more than half the girls had never played before.

I didn't watch the whole season but from where it started to today's game I thought the improvement was there.

I'm not overly fussed if I'm honest but I hope for all the young girls out there that it does continue to grow

Just explaining what grumbleguts meant by his comment. I didn't watch it. Have only seen bits of about two matches so am in no position to comment on the standard of AFLW.

Port taking it up to Sydney
Powell-pepper is a great pick up for port
That's the fun of round one, teams that probably won't play finals can beat or match a contender who is a month behind them in preparation and think they are in with a shot.

Then you get to see how many weeks it takes their supporters to come crashing back down

Sydney's guns have been quiet and their backline has been continually under pressure. Tippett has played his usual 3 minutes, Reid is no better than he's ever been and they are still disturbingly reliant on Franklin.

Paul Roos has praised Jordan Lewis more during his one game for Demons than he did during his 260 games at Hawthorn.What a surprise.

Lewis and Mitch will be hailed as the stars of the comp, improved for their leaving us, just imagine what they could have been if they had made the moves earlier. All without irony or thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Roos has praised Jordan Lewis more during his one game for Demons than he did during his 260 games at Hawthorn.What a surprise.
I'm sure he even credits his coaching of Melbourne for the player Lewis is today.

Get over yourself. The women's game will only get better. I'm sorry that you find it hard to see others have an opportunity.
Are you that bloody stupid? Don't answer I think I've worked it out.

You read a post that says the women play like the men DID IN THE PAST and assume it means they will never play any better.

Get over yourself. Campaigner.

Are you that bloody stupid? Don't answer I think I've worked it out.

You read a post that says the women play like the men DID IN THE PAST and assume it means they will never play any better.

Get over yourself. Campaigner.
Dont disrespect the women's game and then pretend you have the moral high ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back