No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear the AFL are working with Fox Sports desperate to lift North supporters' morale.
Just saw 2001 replay North vs Essendon. Bombers came back from 69 points down to win. 😲😲😲

It's clear the AFL are working with Fox Sports desperate to lift North supporters' morale.
Just saw 2001 replay North vs Essendon. Bombers came back from 69 points down to win. 😲😲😲

I remember that. I was peeved it broke the record we held when we came back from 63 points down vs St Kilda just a few years before. :mad:

Also remember that Saints game like it was yesterday too. I was angry at half time at how poorly we were playing that I swore I wasn't going to the Port Adelaide game at Footy Park the following week (I've would of gone anyway just chucking a tanty). Almost switched off too but so glad I didn't, what a come back!

Probably should of stuck with the tanty as we lost the following week to Port!

I remember that. I was peeved it broke the record we held when we came back from 63 points down vs St Kilda just a few years before. :mad:

Also remember that Saints game like it was yesterday too. I was angry at half time at how poorly we were playing that I swore I wasn't going to the Port Adelaide game at Footy Park the following week (I've would of gone anyway just chucking a tanty). Almost switched off too but so glad I didn't, what a come back!

11 goal come back in a 38 goal game is more impressive than 12 goal come back in a 52 goal game.

I remember that game too. We only arrived mentally at 1/4 time and after giving up a huge lead it took us all game to get our noses in front.
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 3.50.52 pm.png

I remember that game too. We only arrived mentally at 1/4 time and after giving up a huge lead it took us all game to get our noses in front.
View attachment 1538751
Some bloke named Alastair Clarkson was an assistant coach at the Saints at the time.

Got to feel for St Kilda supporters. One flag in 150 years and most of the photos from that day were with the players wearing Collingwood jumpers (as was the tradition at the time to swap jumpers after the game)

Mediocrity, irrelevancy, debt, a terribly inept board, sacking a coach 97 days after re-signing him.................and now the return of Ross.
I am more interested in will Ross make a difference influencing Gresham after our strong overtures ???. We have to make FA Gresham our number 1 priority for recruiting in 2023.?

Interested to see how Ross adjusts to the 6-6-6 to be honest.
His old gameplan of putting 18 blokes behind the ball and boring the opposing team into submission isn't allowed anymore.

i recall us losing a preliminary final in 2011 against Collingwood because we put 18 men behind the ball in the last quarter.
We had our foot on their throat at 3 quarter time and but then our coach at the time went defensive in the last quarter.
Didn’t stop Collingwood kicking 5 goals while we had the likes of Buddy and Cyril wandering around half back.

i recall us losing a preliminary final in 2011 against Collingwood because we put 18 men behind the ball in the last quarter.
We had our foot on their throat at 3 quarter time and but then our coach at the time went defensive in the last quarter.
Didn’t stop Collingwood kicking 5 goals while we had the likes of Buddy and Cyril wandering around half back.
Last play of the night - Cyril getting run down by Daisy at half back.

Last play of the night - Cyril getting run down by Daisy at half back.

He was run down (in the defensive half) as he looked up and paused because and saw no-one forward, except for Collingwood defenders. And if you look at that footage, who was on the defensive side of Cyril between him and the Collingwood goals? Buddy.
I‘ve never been more despondent - losing a preliminary final which we had in our back pocket, but for the most ridiculous last quarter tactics.

He was run down (in the defensive half) as he looked up and paused because and saw no-one forward, except for Collingwood defenders. And if you look at that footage, who was on the defensive side of Cyril between him and the Collingwood goals? Buddy.
I‘ve never been more despondent - losing a preliminary final which we had in our back pocket, but for the most ridiculous last quarter tactics.
To be fair, Lewis went 3rd up at the back 50 stoppage and hit it straight to Ball for that left foot snap goal. We had no one there. Was a brain dead move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at that game and it was glorious.

Especially when all the Saints fans knew they were going to lose and they got up and walked out on mass.

To be fair, Lewis went 3rd up at the back 50 stoppage and hit it straight to Ball for that left foot snap goal. We had no one there. Was a brain dead move.
As I recall, Ball was Lewis’s msn / so he was free because Lewis left him.

Haters going to hate. Can’t respect AA while they have click bait merchants on the committee.

AA should be voted on by the coaching panels and opposition analysts of each club because they are closest to anyone within the game that would have actually watched every player involved.

I arrived at the ground at 1/4 time (bloody train station buses), took so much time and effort to get there was the only reason I didn't turn around and head right back home lol...

Yeah 16 is probably about right.

Assuming he was our only player in his top 50 ? Which is also fair enough, he'd be the only Hawthorn player I'd have in my top 50.
you are the first poster I have come across that likens themselves to slobbo, be proud wear it like a badge

Assuming he was our only player in his top 50 ? Which is also fair enough, he'd be the only Hawthorn player I'd have in my top 50.
Tom Atkins was in there. He's not a bad player by any stretch but if he's top 50 you can make an argument for Moore or even Newcombe

Moore was only one of two players to average 20 touches and a goal a game, the other was Bontempelli. He's 100% in the top 50.

Moore was only one of two players to average 20 touches and a goal a game, the other was Bontempelli. He's 100% in the top 50.

For me, he, Lewis and Newcombe would be our closest players to the top 50 in the comp after Sicily, but I personally wouldn't have them in it yet. Hopefully I have all 3 in mine in 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back