Rumour GFC 2023 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is making an appearance here also, and probably getting more useful as the season draws to a close and this discussion ramps up

The Wizard had a strong performance in the grand final but was unable to lift his Ranges team to victory on the day. He looked his most potent when moved into the center square, generating several dangerous clearances with his trademark evasiveness and burst of speed on show. Unfortunately his conversion in front of goal remained an issue.

but he looks about 2 foot tall.

Competes alright as a forward despite the lack of height. 169cm isn't what most look for in a modern footballer but he'll be alright. Ripping kid with the right work ethic.

I know it's not what you draft players for, but he could be a very marketable player. Already has the 'wizard' nickname and hype about him. Would've been a great pick up for the Suns if they weren't already committed to their academy guys.

Bit off topic of late but plenty of people on the Port board are not convinced about Sinn making it.

Unsure if we are interested at all or if he is even a chance to be let go.

CALEB WINDSOR.
Perfect replacement for Isaac Smith, albeit a R foot kick.
Superquick, wing.

Why not look a at him ahead of Wilson?

Bit off topic of late but plenty of people on the Port board are not convinced about Sinn making it.

Unsure if we are interested at all or if he is even a chance to be let go.

I personally know a few people inside the PAFC camp and Sinn is highly rated, it's just a question of durability.

Can everyone ease up on the Sanders falling to us talk.
Sanders is the best pure mid in the draft.
He will go pick 3... at worst 4.
North Hawks Dees and whoever gets Suns pick will take him.
Repeat after me.
Sanders will not drop to us at pick 7.
He is better than McKercher Duursma Watson and even Curtin.
His GF performance just stamped his status within this draft. Along with that Larke medal he wears.
Reid #1 Sanders #2
Reckon he's a GUN. But he wont be ours at #7.
Now with Pick 7... what do we do with it??
CaddyShack?? Yeah? Nah?
Trade back let's get some picks in the late teens and 20's.
This is the real story what to do with Pick 7.

Disagree. Just my opinion but Reid and McKercher are both better pure MIDs than Sanders. I've seen a fair few comparing Sanders to Matt Crouch and pointing to his high handball count relative to kicks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sanders was available and we overlooked him, much like we did with Deven Robertson in 2019 when we selected Stephens and SDK ahead of him.

There's quite a few high risk, high reward options in this draft - Nate Caddy, Jordan Croft, Ollie Murphy, Archer Reid - all could be stars or busts. Sanders seems a safe option, just not sure he has the damage/star factor.

Disagree. Just my opinion but Reid and McKercher are both better pure MIDs than Sanders. I've seen a fair few comparing Sanders to Matt Crouch and pointing to his high handball count relative to kicks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sanders was available and we overlooked him, much like we did with Deven Robertson in 2019 when we selected Stephens and SDK ahead of him.

There's quite a few high risk, high reward options in this draft - Nate Caddy, Jordan Croft, Ollie Murphy, Archer Reid - all could be stars or busts. Sanders seems a safe option, just not sure he has the damage/star factor.
Sanders has star written all over him.

Ryley has followed in the footsteps of his former Dragons teammate Will Ashcroft by winning just about everything on offer this season. Larke Medalist, National Championship winner and now topping it off with victory in the Talent League Grand Final. He was one of his team's best on the day, showing the well balanced and powerful midfield game that we've come to expect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things are very quiet on the trade front for our club. It seems as though all the talk is being directed at other clubs who are rumoured to be active this coming trade period.

Hardly a mention of Geelong in the last few weeks. Next to nothing in fact, and that seems a bit strange given we hold pick 7 - announced that we'd not stand still and risk getting caught by the handicapper - and the coach publicly stated the need to go and find an inside mid at the time of our season ending.

Not even much up an update or any direction on the mystery mid ..... sorry I went there.

So what's this with North with an extra 3 first round picks over the next 2 years,Clarko special.
I think our coach summed it up pretty well on Fox Footy last night .............."Blatant Manipulation"

Ross Lyon was in agreement, although carefully worded his response given he coached a side to a GF with a captain who was a priority pick as reward for their previous mediocrity. The llama

Thoughts on Cam Fleeton from GWS? Just delisted yesterday.
Geelong boy who also went to St Joesph's and Geelong Falcons product.

He's a 192cm defender just never got a real shot at it.

I'd imagine Cats would look at a guy like him to bring in as he is a local boy (we like those), he already knows Tanner and we need defensive depth behind SDK and Jack Henry.

Seen .

Josh "Joe the goose from max distance" Jenkins backing his bags ..

Thanks josh

Geelong coaching update!

Must be getting a new ruck coach, so that must mean we are getting Goldie because that’s how you go about getting a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Things are very quiet on the trade front for our club. It seems as though all the talk is being directed at other clubs who are rumoured to be active this coming trade period.

Hardly a mention of Geelong in the last few weeks. Next to nothing in fact, and that seems a bit strange given we hold pick 7 - announced that we'd not stand still and risk getting caught by the handicapper - and the coach publicly stated the need to go and find an inside mid at the time of our season ending.

Not even much up an update or any direction on the mystery mid ..... sorry I went there.
Your going to be upset if your expecting an inside mid
More a hybrid mid/fwd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back