GWS - be very scared II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not scared of them at all, in fact if Hawthorn don't feature in finals action.... GWS are the team I most want to win :).

Carna GWS!
Given that the Giants becoming contenders has coincided with Hawks falling off a cliff it's not surprising that some of the brown and yellow fans are jumping on their bandwagon.

The compromised drafts period was the perfect time to snare flags just before the top tier talent the Giants have been gifted enter their career prime. Some teams just have all the luck.

Given that the Giants becoming contenders has coincided with Hawks falling off the cliff it's not surprising that some of the brown and yellow fan are jumping on their bandwagon.

The compromised drafts period was the perfect time to snare flags just before the top tier talent the Giants have been gifted are about to enter their career prime. Some teams have all the luck and Hawthorn have had more than most.

Hawthorn recruited fair and square over the period, in fact we've been going about our business like this for the last 10 years, longer than GWS/GCS had been conceived and in the competition itself. As always you can only beat the opposition you have in front of you, If you want to play that game Geelong did not have "strong" grand final opponents either.

GWS are going to dominate the competition for years to come and it's great to see. I would support them over any other Victorian side in a grand final.

No doubting Hawthorn did it the right way but other teams that could've challenged them were hindered by compromised drafts - North, Richmond etc.

Still, they changed the game in so many ways - tactics, recruiting, sports science. Interested to see how Clarkson plays this hand.

GWS success isn't a fait accompli. They should contend for years if they can manage the departures of Shaw, Mumford, Johnson, Griffen and co, but the Victorian media exaggerates their strength.

I think they'll do a port/Adelaide from the early/mid 2000's
They'll dominate seasons, but will shoot themselves in the foot come finals

I see that in GWS as well after our game against them. Looked a million bucks when on top, then folded the second we worked our way back into the game.

They are going to be a very frustrating side to follow for the next couple of seasons.

I see that in GWS as well after our game against them. Looked a million bucks when on top, then folded the second we worked our way back into the game.

They are going to be a very frustrating side to follow for the next couple of seasons.
Difference in case you didn't notice, our finals series last year was very good. We didn't win but for a club in finals for the first time they exceeded my expectations, and our list is very similar this year.

TBH GWS's list makes yours look like a VFL team in comparison.

Both are crap clanger filled sides, GWS lose far harder and more often than Geelong. Adelaide are the only ok side.

Only reason GWS are rated are their draft picks/academy hype. They actually haven't shown themselves to be better than any of the other contenders.

Both are crap clanger filled sides, GWS lose far harder and more often than Geelong. Adelaide are the only ok side.

Only reason GWS are rated are their draft picks/academy hype. They actually haven't shown themselves to be better than any of the other contenders.
Again we had the better finals series last year. If we're s**t, I struggle to be worried about the side that was smashed by the Swans

all these teams that win via thrashings.
ive seen it for so long now, its not impressive.
crows did the same thing last few years only to embarrass themselves in the finals

you see who the real teams are when they win when they have their backs to the wall and win in close games and are challenged hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol

Did you watch GWS on Saturday

The Giants will wipe the floor with Geelong when they next play them. Spotless/G/Simmonds doesn't matter

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
You're deluded if you think GWS will wipe the floor with Geelong anywhere.

The Cats have the most potent one-two midfield punch in the league and they've restructured to bring others into the game. I reckon you should be real worried about them.

wheeze the GWS

CCO1bu5WEAEUErW.jpg

Don't see why they're so overated. Like I said in previous posts are an average club. I'll explain all this below. GWS are a developing club and can't even play clean football.

Here are some examples of what decent sides look like and GWS would get smashed by 100 pts! GWS absolutely suck in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7n2yOeiKV4

My how quickly we forget what "good" is the standard of football has become so diluted for the past 5 years people are actually anticipating a team as sloppy and average as GWS to "hold a dominant grasp on the competition".

Last edited:
You're deluded if you think GWS will wipe the floor with Geelong anywhere.

The Cats have the most potent one-two midfield punch in the league and they've restructured to bring others into the game. I reckon you should be real worried about them.
They have a couple of very good midfielders it's true. We played two very competitive games last year and the eventually went with HG. We expect to do better this year, and when our guys are up we can demolish anybody. Their defence is probably good enough to stop a smashing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back