GWS - be very scared II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well GWS have thrashed us again, they made us look like witches hats for a large part of the game. It made me remember a post from a year ago after they thrashed Hawthorn.

At that time a lot of posters were dismissive of the suggestion that GWS were to be feared as a juggernaught of the AFL's making. We now know that apart from a lack of composure late in their Prelim that they should have got to the GF and based on their three recent games against the Swans probably would have won the GF.

They won tonight without a number of their best 22 so should only get better. Their list is drenched with high picks, I saw a recent graphic that showed the draft points value of their current list is 75% above the list average. Despite recent trimming, they still have the best zone of the four northern academies. So be scared, be very scared, this team could dominate for a number of years.

Well GWS have thrashed us again, they made us look like witches hats for a large part of the game. It made me remember a post from a year ago after they thrashed Hawthorn.

At that time a lot of posters were dismissive of the suggestion that GWS were to be feared as a juggernaught of the AFL's making. We now know that apart from a lack of composure late in their Prelim that they should have got to the GF and based on their three recent games against the Swans probably would have won the GF.

They won tonight without a number of their best 22 so should only get better. Their list is drenched with high picks, I saw a recent graphic that showed the draft points value of their current list is 75% above the list average. Despite recent trimming, they still have the best zone of the four northern academies. So be scared, be very scared, this team could dominate for a number of years.
Original thread. I will follow with interest.

Still yet to do it at the MCG (1-9 at the ground) but will only get one crack at it during the regular season this year, round 18 vs Richmond.

Will be very hard to beat, but I don't think that surprises anyone though.

Meh Geelongs list is better and will be superior when both are built.

Main point unless the GF is played in Sydney they won't win it.

The question is if GWS will find the occasion in finals overwhelming, because if they play even close to their best they are capable of beating any team in the competition very comfortably.
Yeah
Finals overwhelm us, just like they did in the QF last year. It probably us too big a task for the Swans to beat us this year, but there are other very good sides that shouldn't be scared. I hope they are though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question is if GWS will find the occasion in finals overwhelming, because if they play even close to their best they are capable of beating any team in the competition very comfortably.

Except of course the ones who have already beaten them soundly this year. But yeah.

Let's wait till round 10 when they play west coast in perth, That will give a full reading on them
Will probably thrash us. They look good and along with adelaide they will probably be the only ones to make us look piss at home this year.

Except of course the ones who have already beaten them soundly this year. But yeah.
Well yeah
But we lòok forward to the next shot. My biggest regret in our draw is we dont get a return match at Spotless.
:cool: Not to say we'd win, but there's a wussiness in aiming for second best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back