Recommitted Hamish Hartlett [staying at Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats fine, they were just hypotheticals and all highly unlikely.

unless the clubs can muster up a 4 or 5 club deal, then HH wont be at Essendon and pick 1 wont be at Port

What do you think his value is given the factors above? (Is probably outside your top 10 players, has injury concerns, bad contract)

Hartlett is on around $550,000 a year, contratced to the age of 30, 4 more years, finished 17th in B&f, 9 of his 15 games under 20 possessions in 2016, most amazing fact is he has 30+ possession 4x in 127 games.
No wonder Port want him out, it's not turning out very well at all at the moment

Hartlett is on around $550,000 a year, contratced to the age of 30, 4 more years, finished 17th in B&f, 9 of his 15 games under 20 possessions in 2016, most amazing fact is he has 30+ possession 4x in 127 games.
No wonder Port want him out, it's not turning out very well at all at the moment
Port dont want him out and HH doesnt want out, so shut your trap unless you know the facts...

Those trades respectively value Harlett at:
1. 3
2. 9
3. 1 (9 + Francis who was pick 6)

All of these are really really poor deals for Essendon in my opinion...

• He hasn't finished top 5 in your BF for the last few years (17th, 8th, 8th).
  • Has problems staying on the park.
  • Has an unfavourable contract.
Can't see him being worth more then a late first.
If that's the case we won't be trading him.

I would say a least a few of the 17 other clubs would rate Hartlett highly. I mean last year 2 first rounders were offered. And Hartletts manager has come out and said there is interest... We aren't give up our vice captain for a late first, simple as that. Port aiming for a higher pick than what we already have. Will be hard to convince them otherwise.

What do you think his value is given the factors above? (Is probably outside your top 10 players, has injury concerns, bad contract)
at his very best, he is a damaging player with a massive leg.

most suited to playing half forward and when played in position, worth a mid 1st

If that's the case we won't be trading him.

I would say a least a few of the 17 other clubs would rate Hartlett highly. I mean last year 2 first rounders were offered. And Hartletts manager has come out and said there is interest... We aren't give up our vice captain for a late first, simple as that. Port aiming for a higher pick than what we already have. Will be hard to convince them otherwise.

You would've looked like geniuses making that trade last year then. His value just isn't near that anymore. Espicially given the contract he is on.
If you're able to keep him great, but if hes going to be forced out due to cap squeeze then you're bargaining position is shocking even if he is open to going to multiple other clubs.

You would've looked like geniuses making that trade last year then. His value just isn't near that anymore. Espicially given the contract he is on.
If you're able to keep him great, but if hes going to be forced out due to cap squeeze then you're bargaining position is shocking even if he is open to going to multiple other clubs.
Luckily he isn't being forced out due to cap squeeze then :thumbsu:

So..... Port come out and say "We're open to discussions on HH" and you seriously think he is totally cool with that? Lol.
I think he would understand the position he has put himself in, I think he would understand why port are doing it, I think he would be open to the idea of moving and I think he would be open to the idea of staying. I highly (I will say it again HIGHLY) doubt he is sitting there right now thinking about the club that he has spent nearly 10 years at, with all his best mates at, saying "nope this is unforgivable :'( I hate port now! :( I am leaving port and south Australia foreves!"... I think he is more mature than that.

Port dont want him out and HH doesnt want out, so shut your trap unless you know the facts...

at his very best, he is a damaging player with a massive leg.

most suited to playing half forward and when played in position, worth a mid 1st

Facts

Hartlett with 69 goals 69 behinds from 127 games, 30+ possessions 4 x in 127 games, says he isn't that good in the middle or forward of centre.
Pretty much sums up what I thought, He's a 1/2 back flanker who does well when the team plays well.
I remember when he was drafted and was said he could be the next Buckley.

Facts

Hartlett with 69 goals 69 behinds from 127 games, 30+ possessions 4 x in 127 games, says he isn't that good in the middle or forward of centre.
Pretty much sums up what I thought, He's a 1/2 back flanker who does well when the team plays well.
the reason he has only kicked 69 goals, is because he is being played out of position and where he is not damaging enough!

you probably have only seen him play 2 maybe 3 times EVER, so judging your opinion off stats isnt always the best option

Facts

The bolded are facts, the rest are your opinion. You are using some basic stats then filling the gaps in with your imagination to fit your conclusion here - conclusions that come from someone who probably thinks dreamteam points are the best way of rating a player's impact. Hartlett isn't a huge accumulator, but - apart from a poor year this year - he still averages over 20 touches a game.

Hartlett doesn't attend many centre bounces at all, and doesn't get a lot of cheap handballs to rack up his stats. What he does do, is kick quite a lot - and he kicks it very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the reason he has only kicked 69 goals, is because he is being played out of position and where he is not damaging enough!

you probably have only seen him play 2 maybe 3 times EVER, so judging your opinion off stats isnt always the best option
He has been played in three positions now, and hasn't been a consistent performer in any of them.

People are getting confused in this thread.

Port want a top 10 draft pick, no body cares if you think that is not his trade value, no body cares that's you wanna trade pick 19 and think that will get the deal done. Port want a top 10 draft pick, if you don't provide that then he won't be going to your club. If no club offers that he is staying where he is.

Simple as that

Port want a top 10 draft pick, no body cares if you think that is not his trade value, no body cares that's you wanna trade pick 19 and think that will get the deal done. Port want a top 10 draft pick, if you don't provide that then he won't be going to your club. If no club offers that he is staying where he is.

Simple as that

Seems straight forward, so he stays. I mean no club is going to pay severe overs for him so it makes sense that he will be forever at PA.

on our board, the following has been suggested

1 + 19 for Hartlett and 9
Hartlett and 9 for 1
Hartlett and 9 for 1 and Francis

again, all highly unlikely
I appreciate you have gone with the "all highly unlikely" call, but oh wow. At what stage on this planet would Essendon even remotely consider giving up Pick 1 AND Aaron Francis for Harlett and pick 9. Francis will probably win the Rising Star award next season, and if he doesn't, whoever pick 1 will go close.
Port fans are seriously overrating Hartletts value if these are the sorts of trades being talked about on their board.

I appreciate you have gone with the "all highly unlikely" call, but oh wow. At what stage on this planet would Essendon even remotely consider giving up Pick 1 AND Aaron Francis for Harlett and pick 9. Francis will probably win the Rising Star award next season, and if he doesn't, whoever pick 1 will go close.
Port fans are seriously overrating Hartletts value if these are the sorts of trades being talked about on their board.
i dont think we are overating him. We know what he can do when being played in the right position, but he isnt, so therefore other clubs and people think his value is less

i dont think we are overating him. We know what he can do when being played in the right position, but he isnt, so therefore other clubs and people think his value is less

If a player drafted at pick 4, is 26 and played 127 games and hasn't made a position his own, what does that say about that player?
You can blame the coach but at the end of the day the player is in control of his own career and needs to grab his spot in the team with both hands, like Gray and Wines both have done.

If a player drafted at pick 4, is 26 and played 127 games and hasn't made a position his own, what does that say about that player?
You can blame the coach but at the end of the day the player is in control of his own career and needs to grab his spot in the team with both hands, like Gray and Wines both have done.
Or in reality his value is less..
refer to this

Simple as that
in the end it doesnt matter what you think he is worth, Port want a top 10 draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back