Recommitted Hamish Hartlett [staying at Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
refer to this

in the end it doesnt matter what you think he is worth, Port want a top 10 draft pick.

Pretty simple, you guys should have traded him last year then, now just hope he is willing to go to GC as they desperate for senior players.

Bizarre reaction from Essendon supporters here. I've put a for sale sign on the car parked outside the front of my house with a price ("top 10 draft pick or better") written on the windscreen. If interested, ring the number given but don't knock on my door and tell me how sh!t the car is. If you don't want it for the price, move on.

1 + 19 for Hartlett + 9 + 2017 second rounder is more likely I think.

YLeTlmy.gif

What were the main reasons for Hartlett's average output this year?
Injury cloud or played different role?
he was playing a lot on half back where he isnt dangerous. you could say that for a lot of the team this year.

Injuries werent the reason, until late in the year, where he obviously got injured. so played out of his best/most damaging position

Bizarre reaction from Essendon supporters here. I've put a for sale sign on the car parked outside the front of my house with a price ("top 10 draft pick or better") written on the windscreen. If interested, ring the number given but don't knock on my door and tell me how sh!t the car is. If you don't want it for the price, move on.

Pretty sure hypothetical car on the lawn will just sit there rusting because you wont be getting many esquires at that price .

He's worth 10-16 he isn't that good one of the more overated players around. Gold coast would possibly pay a bit more but would he be willing to go there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was playing a lot on half back where he isnt dangerous. you could say that for a lot of the team this year.

Injuries werent the reason, until late in the year, where he obviously got injured. so played out of his best/most damaging position
A couple of years back he looked like he could be anything and still has what it takes to turn games.
Just from what little I saw of him this year I sort of hardly noticed him which is a bloody shame because he's a player.

A couple of years back he looked like he could be anything and still has what it takes to turn games.
Just from what little I saw of him this year I sort of hardly noticed him which is a bloody shame because he's a player.
he still does but needs to be played on the half forward, where he can be most damaging with his ability to kick the ball 60-65m off one step.

he still does but needs to be played on the half forward, where he can be most damaging with his ability to kick the ball 60-65m off one step.
Yep agree. Obviously a bit younger than Bernie Vince, but a similar thing happened with him this year

If he's worth as highly as Port fans suggest, there is no f***** way I want him.
KPkfLWB.gif

He's staying at port

i have no doubt all 18 clubs think he is a valuable asset , but his wage and output aren't in the same range .
If Essendon supporters don't want him then please kindly **** off and let others actually have a mature conversation.

If you don't wanna pay what port are asking then that's alright, Hartlett won't be at your club next year.

If Essendon supporters don't want him then please kindly **** off and let others actually have a mature conversation.

If you don't wanna pay what port are asking then that's alright, Hartlett won't be at your club next year.

He's being overpaid, and the only way he moves is if he renegotiates a new deal with a new club, or Port wear some of the cost.

Apparently Port really need to free up the cap space.

They're effectively tossing him out the door.
If this statement was true last year (which it wasn't) your club's drug cheating allowed us to save about $400k off the salary cap this year - so there's certainly no cap squeeze anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back