GH213

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2013
Gippsland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL

He was highly regarded at Hawthorn as an assistant wasn’t he?

Honestly expect him back there or at Brisbane next year, but I don’t think I’d mind if we took him in as an assistant.

Cannot at the moment accept the idea of anyone from cartooners here at Tigerland! Maybe later when they have a bit more success if ever!
You want success? I’m pretty sure he was at Hawthorn as an assistant for three of their four flags. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it'd be a loss to us if McRae or Caracella left. Hard to imagine getting a better person to do either job. Bloody disaster if we lost them both.

But if they get an offer and they want the opportunity, you'd expect the club to have a look at all candidates. Tend to agree that the sack of potatoes that Carlton call a list didn't help Bolton. And if he was highly rated at Hawthorn, he can't be awful. Leppa's record as a senior coach was not flash, under similar circumstances. He goes alright as an assistant.

So no grumbling from me if Bolton ended up at Punt Road. The grumbling would happen when McRae or Caracella left.

I noted that myself and was going to post a similar thread. It seems McQualter and Kingsley have not added much and in fact we may have gone backwards. Leppa seems the only decent assistant apart of course from Caracalla.
How I wish we had got Marty Knights on board as he seems to be doing good things at the Cats.
I think Bolton would add value and Dimma obviously has a good rapport with him.
Also would like to say I was in Japan when Dreamtime was on but saw part of replay the other day and Callum Jones certainly needs at least another pre-season to bulk up. I have not seen Naish but think he might be the same. Cannot pick him against Geelong as he will get busted up for sure.
I hope Towner and Graham get a run this week - we need some grunt in midfield.
Anyway it is a yes for me for Bolton - think he would be an upgrade on what we have.

Bring him in as assistant, as already been said coaching Carlton is no reflection on him at all, a unique Shyte of a situation he was in. At least he would have a real club and real footballers to work with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back