Traded Harley Balic [traded to Melbourne] [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was a dumb move of Baltic to choose Melbourne has they have a lot of young mids, may find himself playing in the two's.
They might be the only club willing to give him another chance due to his off field battles.

What were his off feild battles? I thought he had depression at one point due to missing Vic?
If that is the case, I would definitely give him a chance if I were a list manager at a Vic club.
Mentioned here many many pages ago. Clubs know them, and would need to be very confident that he can get his life back on track.

Funny, in August this thread was full of Hawks supporters talking him up. But less than two months later his off field issues have apparently fallen to such a state that only one club in the entire state is interested in him.

Funny, in August this thread was full of Hawks supporters talking him up. But less than two months later his off field issues have apparently fallen to such a state that only one club in the entire state is interested in him.
Disingenuous post. His off-field issues have been known for months. There’s no indication that they’ve gotten any worse.

Plenty of Hawthorn posters were interested in a player we were rumored to have interest in, while at the same time Freo posters spoke of his off-field issues and how his currency would be affected by this.

Since that time Melbourne, a club with a number of players who would be seen to be ahead of him in the pecking order for midfield games have firmed as his desired home, so common sense tells you that he’s willing to take a spot at a list with numerous players ahead of him, over potentially placing himself at a side that have a couple of spots up for grabs due to the regeneration of that list....or the interest has dropped off a little.

Disingenuous post. His off-field issues have been known for months. There’s no indication that they’ve gotten any worse.

Plenty of Hawthorn posters were interested in a player we were rumored to have interest in, while at the same time Freo posters spoke of his off-field issues and how his currency would be affected by this.

Since that time Melbourne, a club with a number of players who would be seen to be ahead of him in the pecking order for midfield games have firmed as his desired home, so common sense tells you that he’s willing to take a spot at a list with numerous players ahead of him, over potentially placing himself at a side that have a couple of spots up for grabs due to the regeneration of that list....or the interest has dropped off a little.
So the issues have been well known for ages, but the clubs that were into him six weeks ago are now too worried about his off field problems to touch him? Despite nothing actually changing on that front?

Another explanation could be that he backs his ability to get a game at whatever club he goes to and has chosen the Dees over Hawthorn because he thinks they have a better future. That wouldn't reflect as well on Hawthorn though and since we're only guessing either way I suppose we'll go with the other narrative.

So the issues have been well known for ages, but the clubs that were into him six weeks ago are now too worried about his off field problems to touch him? Despite nothing actually changing on that front?
Yes, the issues have been well known for ages and the clubs who have been looking at him have had to contemplate if they were all behind him, and how they could continue to be managed going forward.

No one is saying that “no one is touching him”, rather that interest may have waned along the way, and Melbourne have been the strongest on getting him across.

Don’t take it so personally.

has been linked with Melbourne via rumour for quite a while. Favourite player of mine and followed him closely before and when we drafted him. Seems he is right to go given his Medical at Melbourne and for me that tidies up a lot of the shitty rumours. If he was having half the problems suggested he would not be ready. IMOP Harley's best fit would have been with WB to be part of the grunt inside work. Hawthorn next and then Melbourne. Harley is a lot like Hodge in the way he plays and if he had not had the crappy start (12-15 months interupted) from mid/end 2015 to end 2016, he would be well and truly on everyone's radar.

has been linked with Melbourne via rumour for quite a while. Favourite player of mine and followed him closely before and when we drafted him. Seems he is right to go given his Medical at Melbourne and for me that tidies up a lot of the shitty rumours. If he was having half the problems suggested he would not be ready. IMOP Harley's best fit would have been with WB to be part of the grunt inside work. Hawthorn next and then Melbourne. Harley is a lot like Hodge in the way he plays and if he had not had the crappy start (12-15 months interupted) from mid/end 2015 to end 2016, he would be well and truly on everyone's radar.
Yes, we had people on our board saying Melbourne was his likely home for some time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne needs a clean out

images

I happy to get him with a late pick, but will start the year at Casey as he's behind a lot of better footballers. He's really fighting with Petracca and ANB as that forward that gets some midfield time.

I get a Viv Michie vibe, i can do without your bargains Freo. Having said that, i never seen him play a game in my life.

But one must trust their vibes, to think if Dennis Denuito didn't, where would we be?

I get a Viv Michie vibe, i can do without your bargains Freo. Having said that, i never seen him play a game in my life.

But one must trust their vibes, to think if Dennis Denuito didn't, where would we be?
Didn't watch Freo v Melbourne earlier in the year?

Jesus. Did you just read on a VFL side? Who are half those blokes? Balic will make it 100%. Very classy and annoyed to see him go, but let's not kid ourselves that that list is impressive.

If he can't make it past half of those guys, then he won't even have a VFL career.

Brayshaw, Petracca much better prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back