Harley Balics parents attempt to bribe him to stay

Remove this Banner Ad

So this popped up on Facebook (I know I know, Facebook, ugh):

Harley Balic has been offered $70,000 by his distraught parents to turn his back on the Dockers and remain in Melbourne according to the Leader.

"After his selection (at pick 38) he went off to do some media with Fremantle. When he returned he saw his dad on the phone in tears. He said he would pay him $70,000 to stay in Melbourne. Later, as the family gathered for a dinner with Dockers officials, his mother’s eyes were red as she arrived in the foyer."

Is it even possible for a kid to reject a club once hes drafted?

So this popped up on Facebook (I know I know, Facebook, ugh):

Harley Balic has been offered $70,000 by his distraught parents to turn his back on the Dockers and remain in Melbourne according to the Leader.

"After his selection (at pick 38) he went off to do some media with Fremantle. When he returned he saw his dad on the phone in tears. He said he would pay him $70,000 to stay in Melbourne. Later, as the family gathered for a dinner with Dockers officials, his mother’s eyes were red as she arrived in the foyer."

Is it even possible for a kid to reject a club once hes drafted?

AFAIK they can reject it as they haven't signed a contract yet. However their nomination in the ND stays for 3 years, and since it has already been used (by getting drafted) they would have to wait 3 years until another club could look at picking them up.

Heraldsun reporting it as true, lawl.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/db1ad59e780a05caf770a6736f188c53

Direct quote from the article:

After his selection he went off to do some media with Fremantle. When he returned he saw his dad on the phone in tears. He said he would pay him $70,000 to stay in Melbourne. Later, as the family gathered for a dinner with Dockers officials, his mother’s eyes were red as she arrived in the foyer.

But Balic said he was happy to make the move.

70k and a career likely ruined, or move to Perth (even if just for 2 years), with the capacity to earn much more than 70k sooner.

Tough choice

Can imagine it was just a dad joke! Typical of the media trying to make a mountain out of it though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaven help parents be upset that their boy (18 year olds are still boys in a lot of ways) has to move to the other side of the country. Sounds like mum was upset and dad tried a bad joke to make everyone feel better.

Can't blame them about being unhappy that their son will h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶u̶i̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶s̶ ̶L̶y̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶e̶m̶p̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ be so far away

champagne_comedy.gif

Some Champagne Comedy in this thread...

When ever I think of the media I just want to knock Jon Ralph the f$@! Out.
To me he has eclipsed Stevo and Caroswine Wilson as media flog of the decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back