Hawthorn v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 2016: lol r u srs two washed up gold coast players and sending deledio out; tigers bottom 5 for sure
April 2017: lol richmond 5-0 they're just beating s**t teams
June 2017: ******* told you so richmond... They'll finish bottom 4
August 2017: Tigers haven't beaten anyone good, can't make top 4.
Mid-august 2017: is this the weakest competition since forever?
September 2017: Tigers can't beat Geelong. Adelaide too dominant.
October 2017-April 2018: they won because geelong couldn't play in kardinia, gws played stevie j. etc... Also free kick richmond... Worst premiers in recent memory...

August 2018: COULD THIS BE THE TEAM OF THE DECADE?!?!?!?!

Lines up pretty cleanly with the 5 stages of grief i reckon. Not shocked to see Bigfooty in such a state when one of the foundations of their world (richmond being s**t) is taken out from under them.

Just rewatched highlights of the 2014 prelim Hawks vs Port. Their performance was far from dominant. Port looked inaccurate and could have easily pinched it. But you could say the same of Geelong's prelims.

Geelong won a prelim against a Collingwood side with amateur standard rucks.... by a goal.

Doesn’t detract from their brutal domination the following week and how good that side was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't read, I'll say it again. MAYBE. That doesn't mean I agree entirely with you. It doesn't mean I agree with you at all. What it does mean is that it is a possibility, albeit an unlikely one. You stated it like it was a fact when it is just an opinion from someone who has seen so little finals by his own team recently, that they may not understand what it takes to win one. I just wanted to state what a fact really looks like in case you couldn't comprehend it.
I'll say it for you again in case you don't know how to read, your pitiful attempt at deflection leads me to believe you agree with me entirely.

Obviously my original statement was not a fact, for one up to 6 clubs could still end up finishing 4th and I only listed 2 of them and you are only proving your own stupidity by continually referencing the club I support as though it matters to this discussion. By your logic no St Kilda, Carlton, Melbourne, Brisbane, GCS, Fremantle supporter can have a valid opinion because their clubs are down the bottom of the ladder and by the same token you had no idea either until 12 months ago but suddenly were overcome with knowledge because the team you support managed to win a flag.

As logic isn't your strong point I am probably wasting my time here but all I was suggesting was a repeat of what happened to Geelong last year except this year you would be on the receiving end of a team in form getting a home ground advantage they don't deserve.

The older you get the better they were.
I can remember 7 Grand Finals in a row followed by an atonement GF win the year after not getting to an eigth.
So for me neither are better than the best.
Never said they were better than the best - comparing two eras.

The end to any greatest team ever debates is have Hawthorn of 1982-1991 play Melbourne's 1954-1960. Grew up watching the 1980s Hawks, and whilst they were challenged (Essendon 1984-85 was one hell of a side) no one could outlast them.

Only played them in one since!

I will always maintain that Hawthorn beat Geelong when it's all or nothing. Otherwise, they do pretty well against us.

Eagles definitely have a score to settle with the Hawks, 0-2 in GFs against them.

Never said they were better than the best - comparing two eras.

The end to any greatest team ever debates is have Hawthorn of 1982-1991 play Melbourne's 1954-1960. Grew up watching the 1980s Hawks, and whilst they were challenged (Essendon 1984-85 was one hell of a side) no one could outlast them.

Hawthorns best ever team has yet to be born.

The year they beat West Coast. Didn’t they comfortably lose in Perth, recover to make the GF and then proceed to smash the Eagles in Melbourne? Results probably suggest they may have lost a prelim in Perth.
We did travel to Perth to play a prelim. GF was over by half time. Not bad considering two interstate trips and WCE favourites for final.

We did travel to Perth to play a prelim. GF was over by half time. Not bad considering two interstate trips and WCE favourites for final.

Yeah I got corrected pretty quick

Agree on the other point said same myself. 2 * Perth in the finals and still winning the GF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond already act like they've won 3 flags. If they win another dear god help us all

Just rewatched highlights of the 2014 prelim Hawks vs Port. Their performance was far from dominant. Port looked inaccurate and could have easily pinched it. But you could say the same of Geelong's prelims.
Luck plays a role in every flag. Some people only admit it when it suits them however.

I'll say it for you again in case you don't know how to read, your pitiful attempt at deflection leads me to believe you agree with me entirely.

Obviously my original statement was not a fact, for one up to 6 clubs could still end up finishing 4th and I only listed 2 of them and you are only proving your own stupidity by continually referencing the club I support as though it matters to this discussion. By your logic no St Kilda, Carlton, Melbourne, Brisbane, GCS, Fremantle supporter can have a valid opinion because their clubs are down the bottom of the ladder and by the same token you had no idea either until 12 months ago but suddenly were overcome with knowledge because the team you support managed to win a flag.

As logic isn't your strong point I am probably wasting my time here but all I was suggesting was a repeat of what happened to Geelong last year except this year you would be on the receiving end of a team in form getting a home ground advantage they don't deserve.
LMAO.
You are a salty little supporter aren't you?

As they say, just look at the ladder. I will be going to yet another finals series with my family and watching my team and you won't.

That is a FACT. No ifs, buts or maybes....

Richmond already act like they've won 3 flags. If they win another dear god help us all

Bullshit we do

You are just a handful of ignorant postsers who are envious of our success yet show disdain towards us for fear of what can be

Success breeds jealousy

Bullshit we do

You are just a handful of ignorant postsers who are envious of our success yet show disdain towards us for fear of what can be

Success breeds jealousy
If you want to know how obnoxious Richmond supporters have been since the Grandfinal. I'd rather Geelong with the flag this year than Richmond, pretty incredible feat actually.

If you want to know how obnoxious Richmond supporters have been since the Grandfinal. I'd rather Geelong with the flag this year than Richmond, pretty incredible feat actually.
If you can understand the s**t that has been thrown at us by people like you for 37 years, you may then understand why some of us have gone on the offensive (pardon the pun) so strongly since success has come our way.

We haven't even gone back to back yet - bit premature. Even if we do, a three peat still beats a two peat.

That being said, if we are fortunate enough to do a 3 peat and it comes to which achievement is better...Richmond beat the 13-15 Hawks twice (2013 & 2015). :cool:;)

If you can understand the s**t that has been thrown at us by people like you for 37 years, you may then understand why some of us have gone on the offensive (pardon the pun) so strongly since success has come our way.

Just to add to that point, we still copped lots of flak even in snagging the premiership ('fluked it', 'worst premiership side in AFL history', 'gifted it by the AFL' etc). Proof that old habits die hard for some grubs. :p

Hawthorn 13-15 were an awesome team no doubt, but their 3 peat is one of the less impressive ones for mine. Freo in 2013 in their first granny, a West Coast in 2015 who shat the bed...2014 against a highly fancied Swans. By every metric Geelong from 2007 to 2011 were more dominant. Richmond are probably on a similar level and if things go right they should go back to back and challenge for a 3 peat. Their competitors all have injury woes unfortunately.

Less impressive than who?

Being a "first granny" did not stop the Crows in 1997 or Port in 2004.
Teams that ""shat the bed" would include Collingwood in 2003. Are the Lions any less impressive because of that? Hardly.

"By every metric". What does that even mean? The only "metric" that matters is premierships. Highest percentage or GF margin or best-looking-full-forward only matters when you compare apples with apples, not three-peats with 3-in-one-era.

Just for comparison, how impressive was the Eagles 3-peat? Oh wait...
What about when the Eagles went Back-to-B... oh never mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back