Hawthorn v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

this thread stinks of the ultimate set up

If Richmond go back to back or threepeat or start a dynasty, OP looks like a genius

If Richmond fail, it's the ultimate troll thread

Very much in the same vein as Rucci's article in The Advertiser declaring Adelaide 'Flag Certainties' after the Prelim win over Geelong - Rucci hates Adelaide, so if Crows won his article looks inspired insight, but they lost but he wouldn't care because he hates Crows anyway

Less impressive than who?

Being a "first granny" did not stop the Crows in 1997 or Port in 2004.
Teams that ""shat the bed" would include Collingwood in 2003. Are the Lions any less impressive because of that? Hardly.

"By every metric". What does that even mean? The only "metric" that matters is premierships. Highest percentage or GF margin or best-looking-full-forward only matters when you compare apples with apples, not three-peats with 3-in-one-era.

Just for comparison, how impressive was the Eagles 3-peat? Oh wait...
What about when the Eagles went Back-to-B... oh never mind.

Hawthorn's is less impressive lol, I agree here. Not sure what he's getting at.

Port were the best team for the majority of Brisbane's threepeat, Collingwood choked in one of them and they faced a depleted Essendon in 2001 - but I still wouldn't call their threepeat overrated. You can't really call any threepeat overrated, they're huge achievements.

Would take something special from the tigers to take it from the Hawks, even if they did 3peat.

The hawks team was sublime to watch.
Richmond isn't quite the spectacle. Hats off to them for the gameplan and being able to execute it. But the ball use at the hawks was some of the best seen in a long time.

LMAO.
You are a salty little supporter aren't you?

As they say, just look at the ladder. I will be going to yet another finals series with my family and watching my team and you won't.

That is a FACT. No ifs, buts or maybes....
Did you read the post or just think you would look cool with all the kids your age of you just use the term "salty"? We are in a thread comparing the Hawks of the past dozen years to your mob Richmond, suggesting you guys could miss the grand final if the hawks or pies finish 4th has absolutely nothing to do with my personal feelings towards your football club.

If you really must know you are still in the pity basket with the likes of the dogs, saints, dees, roos. Champions of finishing 9th and throwing the baby out with the bathwater not to mention the biggest band wagoners going around. If you honestly think anyone of sane mind would be "salty" because you managed to win a flag you should probably go and have your head examined.

Go enjoy your finals with your family, quit pretending like anyone else gives a damn. This obsession with trying to drag Carlton into this thread is bordering on a pathological mental disorder, seek some help before you lose yourself to it.

If you want to know how obnoxious Richmond supporters have been since the Grandfinal. I'd rather Geelong with the flag this year than Richmond, pretty incredible feat actually.

Your post means nothing

I could say the same thing for Hawthorn posters when we chose Tambling etc

But unlike you many of us hardened up... take note sooky

Clearly you weren't one of them.

Clearly

I would never want the Pies or Blues to win a premiership over any other team. I don't hate them because of their supporters as you do us. If Hawks win one, they won't bother me as a team, I respect them, and their supporters I could say so much in the way they carried on during their success and our failures, but I do not hate the team because of them, and I can not place them or any team below Pies or Blues...

You clearly show hatred towards a team because of some supporters regardless of what they've been through and would rather see a true opponent victorious....

You are a sad, sooky supporter. You are the type of supporter I can not stand... not sure why I'm spending time on you...

Adios

Did you read the post or just think you would look cool with all the kids your age of you just use the term "salty"? We are in a thread comparing the Hawks of the past dozen years to your mob Richmond, suggesting you guys could miss the grand final if the hawks or pies finish 4th has absolutely nothing to do with my personal feelings towards your football club.

If you really must know you are still in the pity basket with the likes of the dogs, saints, dees, roos. Champions of finishing 9th and throwing the baby out with the bathwater not to mention the biggest band wagoners going around. If you honestly think anyone of sane mind would be "salty" because you managed to win a flag you should probably go and have your head examined.

Go enjoy your finals with your family, quit pretending like anyone else gives a damn. This obsession with trying to drag Carlton into this thread is bordering on a pathological mental disorder, seek some help before you lose yourself to it.
Lol.
My kids are probably much older than you!
This thread was about how Richmond compares to the great Hawthorn team of 2013-15.
Instead you made it about how Collingwood or Hawthorn will beat Richmond. You didn't even say they have a reasonable chance. You are just a troll because any reasonable poster would say that Richmond has beaten both teams over the last two years convincingly on every occasion, so they would be favourites in any upcoming match. But the salty little troll you are means you state your opinion like it's fact. It would have been much more believable if you just said that they have a reasonable chance of beating the tiges if they meet again in the finals in your humble opinion.
I guess a troll like you just can't help themselves.. ..

Richmond 2018 >>>> daylights >>>>> Hawthorn 2018
Hawthorn 2013-2015 >>>> daylights >>>> Richmond 1980-2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol.
My kids are probably much older than you!
This thread was about how Richmond compares to the great Hawthorn team of 2013-15.
Instead you made it about how Collingwood or Hawthorn will beat Richmond. You didn't even say they have a reasonable chance. You are just a troll because any reasonable poster would say that Richmond has beaten both teams over the last two years convincingly on every occasion, so they would be favourites in any upcoming match. But the salty little troll you are means you state your opinion like it's fact. It would have been much more believable if you just said that they have a reasonable chance of beating the tiges if they meet again in the finals in your humble opinion.
I guess a troll like you just can't help themselves.. ..

I just did that and you go ahead and respond with a load of unrelated tripe again, you never actually bother to read what you are quoting you just go off on your little agenda driven response to make yourself feel better.

Have a nice day, maybe try removing your head from your ass before quoting me again.

i'd measure hawthorn's modern success from 2007-present, if we're looking at playing finals. the lion's share of the clarkson tenure. between those years hawthorn have only missed finals twice (2009 and 2017). within those years they have played in 5 grand finals to only lose one.

richmond can certainly match that feat over the remainder of this decade and into the next.

I hate trying to compare premiers from different years -- people probably would rate Hawthorn's threepeat premiership team(s) above Richmond's 2017 premiership team, but I personally think that sort of comparison is impossible to make. After all, Richmond defeated Hawthorn in the 2015 H&A season, and most would agree our 2017 team is better than our 2015 team. That being the case you could make a fair argument that our 2017 side trumps Hawthorn's 2015 side. To be clear, I'm not actually arguing this, just pointing out that you could argue it if you wanted. My view is, to repeat, that I dislike trying this sort of comparison.

But over the decade, I reckon you can get a feel by just averaging the two teams final ladder positions. Do this from 2010 to 2017 and Hawthorn's average finishing position is 4, Richmond's is 8.2.

So over the decade you have to give the chocolates to Hawthorn, I reckon.

Makes Richmonds 2017 finals dominance all the more spectacular. First year in a long time no luck, just pure dominance through finals

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was an awesome, pretty dominant finals series, but there have been plenty of 1-time premiers that didn't go on to win multiple flags.
Hawthorn, Lions, Geelong and to a lesser extent the Swans are still the benchmarks of the 2000s

Hawks/Pies finish 4th and beat the tigers and they won't even make the grand final.
I just did that and you go ahead and respond with a load of unrelated tripe again, you never actually bother to read what you are quoting you just go off on your little agenda driven response to make yourself feel better.

Have a nice day, maybe try removing your head from your ass before quoting me again.
You must be imagining the “if"part of your statement. Your comment is just a garden variety troll. You also obviously can't see where my head is because your eyes must be currently focussed on your sigmoid colon.

You must be imagining the “if"part of your statement. Your comment is just a garden variety troll. You also obviously can't see where my head is because your eyes must be currently focussed on your sigmoid colon.
In fairness to the response isnt the thread based on IF Richmond win 2 more premierships consecutively. So saying that the Tiges could lose to Pies or Hawks is a far less reach.

It was an awesome, pretty dominant finals series, but there have been plenty of 1-time premiers that didn't go on to win multiple flags.
Hawthorn, Lions, Geelong and to a lesser extent the Swans are still the benchmarks of the 2000s

Still wouldn't be as bad as the 2011 Collingwood team not winning the flag. They were dominant that year, lost twice to Geelong and met Geelong in the GF. Heh.

All fell apart after that!

For all the posters that can't read and understand a simple post, here it is for you. The poster clearly stated that they LOOK to be marching into a Grand Final and there's a very good chance that they claim a second straight flag. He didn't say they will. It's IF. And IF they go back to back, they are certainly in the discussion with the others as being a truly great team.

I still don't get it...

In fairness to the response isnt the thread based on IF Richmond win 2 more premierships consecutively. So saying that the Tiges could lose to Pies or Hawks is a far less reach.

He didn't even say could. He just said if the hawks or pies finished 4th, they would automatically beat a team neither has beaten in the last 2 years and then just categorically stated we would then not recover to even make the granny. I accept that that could happen, but is less likely to because of our record this year and last. There is no point going back any further as there were different playing personnel on both sides. He doesn't put up a reasonable explanation on why he comes to that conclusion. It just looks like he is pulling it out of his arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back