How can this Freo team be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

All the good Freo sides have been very solid in defence. Well I guess this one at the Ross Lyon era one. It seems these days the strongest teams are sort of based around that. But yeah, I think they're clearly the real deal. Brisbane were away but I think the two teams are around the same level. Hopefully we'll see these two teams clash in the finals near full strength.
From 1995-2021, freo has had 2 semi decent periods in their history.

The 2002-7 era under coach Chris Connolly which under achieved. Only made finals in 2003 and 2006. Should of made finals each year from 2003-07. Backline was ok. Midfield was good, forward line had a prime Matty Pavlich and Jeff farmer.

You can't count Mark Harveys coaching era as good as they made finals only In 2010.

The Ross Lyon finals era if 2012-15 is something I will fondly look back on.

This current team under coach Justin Longmuir hasn't officially made finals.... Yet.

Round 19 against the mighty tigers at marvel. You heard it here first ;)
Richmond win record at MCG: 56%
Richmond win record at Docklands: 43%

Richmond record at MCG over last three seasons: 23W 10L 1D
Richmond record at Marvel over last three seasons: 4W 5L

Much rather be playing you at Marvel than MCG.

Richmond win record at MCG: 56%
Richmond win record at Docklands: 43%

Richmond record at MCG over last three seasons: 23W 10L 1D
Richmond record at Marvel over last three seasons: 4W 5L

Much rather be playing you at Marvel than MCG.

If it rains it doesn’t matter where it is you’re done.

Well you can cross Dees off the list they are cooked. Freo only have to worry about blues and lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still have to play Lions, Freo at Optus, cats at GMHBA, Carlton and pies again. I can even see them losing against the dogs at marvel. I think they’ll only win 2-3 of the above which would mean they drop out of the top 4 and kiss goodbye their premiership chances.

They still have to play Lions, Freo at Optus, cats at GMHBA, Carlton and pies again. I can even see them losing against the dogs at marvel. I think they’ll only win 2-3 of the above which would mean they drop out of the top 4 and kiss goodbye their premiership chances.
I meant errr no to Freo having to worry about the Lions or the Blues. Brissy yes but not Carlton.

That Jordan Clark goes alright.

Simple answer is they can't be stopped. Flagmantle!
This steam train left 8 weeks ago if you were an astute follower. Freo need to capitalise on the groundswell of energy and peaking footy mojo. No more excuses, no more journey hogwash, raise expectations and MAKE this the year.

I think they will do it.

#Flagmantle2022

sad after 30 years all you have is some misguided hope for the future
Don't feel so glum. Your club is heading to achieve what has never been achieved before in the history of the game.

A triple wooden spoon in one year with the men's, women's and WAFL. The unholy trinity. So push aside all those trophies and make space in the cabinet (or the Lathlain kitchen if you prefer) for what will certainly be a first if you can pull it off. We're all rooting for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back