Recommitted Hunter Clark [OOC 2023] - Linked with North, manager says he's staying

Remove this Banner Ad

If pick 11 is on the table for H.Clark, i'd take it in a heartbeat. I think he is a solid player & if played in position-in the guts, could be very good for North.
But with players like McKenzie & Humphrey in the draft, who could both possibly play straight away, If we could get them at pick 10 & 11, I'd be very happy with that outcome.

Last edited:
If pick 11 is on the table for H.Clark, i'd take it in a heartbeat. I think he is a solid player & if played in position-in the guts, could be very good for North.
But with players like McKenzie & Humphrey in the draft, who could both possibly play straight away, If we could get them at pick 10 & 11, I'd be very happy with that outcome.
Pick 11 ends up 12 and both will likely be gone by then

Not sure if you are trolling or delusional

I'd be happy to put my house on the fact that a contracted Clark won't be traded for a future 2nd round pick though
where's your house?
I can’t see either club agreeing on a deal for Clark. Saints wouldn’t get what they want and no one would be prepared to give up what the Saints want. He is contracted so I can’t really see it going anywhere tbh.

As a North supporter, other North supporters suggesting a future second is just ridiculous. Why on earth would Saints agree to that when he is contracted?

Saints don’t have an abundance of young talent. Trading one of the few they have would be very strange.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
only way I can see it is if it were to be a part of a salary dump deal to take Hill's exorbitant salary off their books.

where's your house?

only way I can see it is if it were to be a part of a salary dump deal to take Hill's exorbitant salary off their books.
And then you would need to ask why stkilda is looking to salary dump Hill before realising…

We don’t.

Even if you think we are landing De Goey(we won’t)

We planned this money initially for Ben King.

St Kilda don't need to salary dump, we have enough cap space to chase degoey. A lot of North supporters on here seem to think that we need to trade Hill and that he has negative value which neither are true. Clark and Hill for a future 2nd is no where reasonable considering Clark himself is worth a top 15 pick

I know a bunch of your list management team quit mid year, but I didn't realise it was so dire that Simpkin was made a recruiter.

But if you believe that Hill went to a 24 year old midfielder to facilitate a trade while under contract then I don't know what to say.
St Kilda don't need to salary dump, we have enough cap space to chase degoey. A lot of North supporters on here seem to think that we need to trade Hill and that he has negative value which neither are true. Clark and Hill for a future 2nd is no where reasonable considering Clark himself is worth a top 15 pick
Sure and that may well be the case but list management isn’t a simple matter of if you have enough cap space now. You have to consider the overall age profile of your list, other players coming out of contract while Hill is contracted and if the 900k a season could be better used elsewhere. You need to look at it through a dynamic portfolio management lens rather than view it statically.

Sure and that may well be the case but list management isn’t a simple matter of if you have enough cap space now. You have to consider the overall age profile of your list, other players coming out of contract while Hill is contracted and if the 900k a season could be better used elsewhere. You need to look at it through a dynamic portfolio management lens rather than view it statically.
At 29, Hill is currently the oldest and most experienced player on our list so I don't think he is hurting our age profile. His 7th place finish in the best and fairest also suggests his contribution is highly valued by our coaches.

So I am yet to see a reason why Hill needs traded for nothing, or how Clarkson being the one to approach Hill equates to it being a salary dump scenario.

Something just isn't adding up about this. Highly rated player touring another clubs facilities which only has pick 1 in the draft across the first few rounds. North aren't stupid enough to use a future first round pick either. There is no news of other clubs looking to poach our players and giving us sufficient draft compensation to trade for Clark.

So either North know that they are getting a priority pick or 2 which they can use for Clark or North are planning to trade pick 1 to GWS for 3 and 12 and trade 12 to St Kilda.

Why has Clark toured Arden Street? Why does he want out and/or why are St Kilda happy to trade him?

Yeah but it doesn't make sense for us to salary dump this year if we don't need to. His output on the field would be much better than most fourth round picks.

But like I said before, there have been some suggestions that North would be doing us a favor by taking Hill as a salary in a trade for Clark to justify the future second that they want to give up. Hill's value simply isn't negative, especially of North are the one's chasing him and not the other way around.

Last edited:
Why has Clark toured Arden Street? Why does he want out and/or why are St Kilda happy to trade him?
Has he toured Arden St? I thought that was just a call in from a listener on Trade Radio. Could be wrong though, just thought it'd be in the news more.

Has he toured Arden St? I thought that was just a call in from a listener on Trade Radio. Could be wrong though, just thought it'd be in the news more.
Pretty sure I saw it on the North board from a few people days before that caller on SEN. Doesn't mean it's right though!

Yeah but it doesn't make sense for us to salary dump this year if we don't need to. His output on the field would be much better than most fourth round picks.

But like I said before, there have been some suggestions that North would be doing us a favor by taking Hill as a salary in a trade for Clark to justify the future second that they want to give up. Hill's value simply isn't negative, especially of North are the one's chasing him and not the other way around.
Personally hope we’re not, the story I heard over a month ago was he called Jy, and of course with Clarko on board people in the media are connecting the dots. He can be a damaging player but at 900K you want a superstar not icing on the cake. At north I’d rather keep the cash for LDU, larkey, mckay, potentially Thomas, JHF, and Phillips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the North faithful they get Clark and Hill for a packet of twisties.

Well we won’t low ball you with the chicken flavoured rubbish. The cheese flavour should get it done imo. Could even throw in a small packet of the flaming hot ones as a sweetener if need be.

Edmund: Hunter Clark for future second compo "likely"

Edmund: Hunter Clark for future second compo "likely"

I like Sammy Edmund, but his mail has been a bit iffy the last couple of years.

What will North give up for Logue then, unless they are planing to mattress surf Freo, Joan Collins Saturday Night Special ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back