Recommitted Hunter Clark [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Value probably steadily increasing since last trade period. Definitely would have been considered a 'sell low' move if we let him go. Hope he stays reckon he's got a few more levels in him yet.
I think we offered a second rounder and got knocked back as he was contracted and you wanted more

Tbh now that he’s out of contract despite better form it’s still a second rounder

No leverage? Don't be silly.

Best 22 in a team that could lose every game for the rest of the year and still end up on many more than the Roos manage.
I don’t think you understand the point

If he decides to leave they will have no leverage

Obviously if he wants to stay then the point is moot

I don’t think you understand the point

If he decides to leave they will have no leverage

Obviously if he wants to stay then the point is moot

Understood it perfectly, thanks.

Let's try elevate the discussion beyond the PSD "threat".

I think we offered a second rounder and got knocked back as he was contracted and you wanted more

Tbh now that he’s out of contract despite better form it’s still a second rounder
Will definitely take more than that if he decides to leave no offence but I think there will be more attractive suitors than north have heard whispers Essendon are keen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eagles then us but they wont take him
So you're assuming the following:
  • Dissatisfied at St Kilda enough to enter the preseason draft, even though the coach he was under when told to explore options is now at North.
  • Wants to get to North Melbourne yet they don't value him enough to make a fair trade.
  • West Coast won't take the best player available if he goes to PSD.
  • North won't end up with an extra win over Hawthorn for the rest of the year, who would also take him in PSD if available.

So you're assuming the following:
  • Dissatisfied at St Kilda enough to enter the preseason draft, even though the coach he was under when told to explore options is now at North.
  • Wants to get to North Melbourne yet they don't value him enough to make a fair trade.
  • West Coast won't take the best player available if he goes to PSD.
  • North won't end up with an extra win over Hawthorn for the rest of the year, who would also take him in PSD if available.

I think the trade was definitely fair.

It wasn't exactly a lowball offer.

But both clubs probably happy at this point it didn't eventuate.

As nice as Clark may have been and as promosing as Phillipou is, I wouldn't want to give up Wardlaw for just about anyone at the minute. He has the highest ceiling in this draft class, which already looks amazingly strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back