Recommitted Hunter Clark [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

An early second was a good deal last year, would have been pick 20 this year. Saints were stubborn and will have to accept less.
Yeah well we will just wait and see. Jade not very good in the trade front. Traded a number one pick for a late teens 😂

Has afl ability and plenty of qualities. Impact injuries have done him no favours in his short but suffering career.

Gets it together and he could be a decent contributor
He started his career as possibly the best player in his draft, and ahead of guys like Brayshaw… but like you said, them injuries took their toll and he hasn’t seemed to find any rhythm or consistency since.

Pace is extremely slow, and although he is very dual sided, with a nice kicking action, he can butcher the ball quite a bit.

I do love him, and he does seem to have the Pendlebury attribute, but maybe a new home would be the best for him.

You won't get anything better than a late 3rd/early 4th for him.

Elmer, I know your being facetious but we both know AFL standard players go for second rounders at WORST early thirds. A pick between 20 - 35 would be enough for Hunter imho IF Saints are actively ok with him moving on for new chances.

I fully expect him to stay at RSEA park, they are building something nicely, Hunter would be a key part of it

He keeps being linked to us and he seems like a solid enough player. He works hard, but is he really good at anything? I don't see an obvious position for him to excel at in today's game.

GWS interested apparently. Could be part of a salary cap dump by them. Heard we had sounded out the salary dump earlier in the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elmer, I know your being facetious but we both know AFL standard players go for second rounders at WORST early thirds. A pick between 20 - 35 would be enough for Hunter imho IF Saints are actively ok with him moving on for new chances.

I fully expect him to stay at RSEA park, they are building something nicely, Hunter would be a key part of it
Not really. Just last year, Acres was clear best 22 at Freo (a finals team) and went to Carlton for their mid-third. As did Bedford, who was in and out of a top 4 team. Will Setterfield and change were sent for a fourth. Lachie Hunter went for a third.

Clark has played 84 games and not many of those have been good in recent years. Injuries have clearly hurt his body. An early-third would likely be his market value, on the off-chance another club can get him running.

He has had injuries over the years but when I have seen him play he really doesn't stand out. I hope we stay clear. Being a relatively recent high draft pick might bump his value up but I wouldn't part with more than a pick in the mid 20's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back