Review Intra Club this Friday at Henson Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I can't understand it either to be honest.

It was so stupid organising the intra-club match for today. Anyone with half a brain and access to the internet would have been able to figure out Friday was going to be an awful day to do this.
It was organised months ago, when the draw for the preseason came out.

They should cancel it. This is stupid. There is nothing to be gained from going ahead - no one's going to actually be able to try very hard.

It's all risk and no upside. Sorry to three- or low four-figures worth of sad cases that made the trip out (i wish that included me). Go get some Vietnamese or a beer at the Henson or whatever, make a night of it.

The Henson is a really good bar.

It's literally dangerous to exert yourself in this heat. If they don't cancel I hope they at least play 10 minute quarters or something to keep it safe.

Anyone know if there is a stream?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope when we have a regular season game in this heat, the other team adopts the approach prescribed by people in this thread and don't bother to play. You have to play AFL in whatever conditions are there, so you should train in them too. Play on.

I hope when we have a regular season game in this heat, the other team adopts the approach prescribed by people in this thread and don't bother to play. You have to play AFL in whatever conditions are there, so you should train in them too. Play on.
Its a winter sport for a reason.

Unless the swans players get a sex change to play in the Womens AFL, I doubt there will be a +40 degree day in the middle of winter.

Sure.

But this is not an AFL game. It is training. Why risk it. Not usual conditions to hold a match in anyway

Unless climate scientists are a minimum 5-10 degrees short with their predictions about global warming at 2100, we are not going to have a regular season game in this heat.

You have to play AFL in whatever conditions are there, so you should train in them too.

Agree with this, as long as conditions are actually safe to play in. 40+ degrees is considered to be extreme heat by most people's standards. Not much to be gained by going ahead with a scratch match in these conditions I would have thought.

All the "I'll back the club management in" brigade have changed their tune pretty quick. Probably all in shock that the players have turned up when the heat is on

Unless climate scientists are a minimum 5-10 degrees short with their predictions about global warming at 2100, we are not going to have a regular season game in this heat.
Look if that's the case agriculture shuts down and the sort of advanced economic society needed for professional sport dissapears so its moot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back