Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes good copy but not really accurate, Boomer was back working at the club, what a year and a half later? and we beat the eventual premier by 40 odd points and were knockin on the door of finals in 2018 and 2019.

Personally I think this club has been stuffed up by bumbling miss management, horrendous coaching choices and the fact that North hadn't done a proper roots and branch rebuild in the modern era (so no one associated with the club had a single clue how to go about it and so its ended up being the worst botch job of the VFL/AFL draft era).

And if that's the case its been 5 years of horror, but only 5 years. That can only be the end of hope for the club if we let it be the end. Richmond were afforded three and a half decades to get their sh*t together because enough of their supporters stuck with them.

2019 was such a strange year. the 2-7 start was about as poor from a North side I had seen up until that point, but we also belted the 2 GF sides and eventual winners in what was the most manic pressure I'd seen from a North side since the flag years.

The Hub people is where it all fell apart; I look forward to reading what happened when people are prepared to talk but that for me seems to be where the damage started and continued on until the new leadership addressed the ‘culture’

2019 was such a strange year. the 2-7 start was about as poor from a North side I had seen up until that point, but we also belted the 2 GF sides and eventual winners in what was the most manic pressure I'd seen from a North side since the flag years.
Hardly surprising given what happened with Maj.

IMG_3401.jpeg
I still carry this image with me as a reminder of the good times, even though they were brief…

The JHF taunting hurt. What a worm.

We hopefully make him regret in the future but not sure we are that kind of club anymore. I doubt we
1. Hold a grudge.
2. Have the fortitude to do anything about it

The JHF taunting hurt. What a worm.

We hopefully make him regret in the future but not sure we are that kind of club anymore. I doubt we
1. Hold a grudge.
2. Have the fortitude to do anything about it
And Clarko talks him up at half time FFS. TBH I am sure we were giving him plenty so we have to cop it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a bizarre few years. Remember when we were the best wooden spoon team ever in 2021? We played some really good footy in the second half of that year Noble's first as coach. Although our last game or two were disappointing. However we enjoyed the off season as a team on the rise, there was some pretty decent evidence that we were further ahead in our development than the Blues were. How has it gone so bad since? Perhaps we should have hung on to Atley, Dumont, Brown and maybe Maj. The latter two were already gone by 2021. The premature loss of Cunners has been a significant loss, this also coincided with Zeibell being cooked, LMac not coming on as hoped etc. This could be rock bottom, but it all depends on who goes and who stays at the end of the year, players and STAFF. Only one ok selection in the MSD during those years adds further to our predicament. Let's hope we get lucky this week with a selection that is hungry and grateful for the opportunity to play at NMFC. I'm in the Clarkson must stay camp, although like others to this point, disappointed we haven't seen the improvement on the scoreboard and win/loss table. In recent weeks we have had some really good quarters especially the first half against that turd from Port Adelaides team. If we can see effort that keeps us longer in matches that would be progress.

Not going to go over the lists of WCE and the Saints and Richmond and a couple of others.

I will though say I’d rather our list than theirs. So what, one, two , three or four wins. That is a worse position to be in. Especially if you have older stars playing which we clearly don’t.
So should we stay with zero wins until we can guarantee 13+ and finals?
We aren’t in a better position than any other team and saying so is pure copium.

However I do agree wins themselves aren’t everything, but we can’t even ****ing compete with the opposition for more than a quarter

Not going to go over the lists of WCE and the Saints and Richmond and a couple of others.

I will though say I’d rather our list than theirs. So what, one, two , three or four wins. That is a worse position to be in. Especially if you have older stars playing which we clearly don’t.
I hate to say it but this post has all the hallmarks of Geelong falling off a cliff.
it’ll be interesting to see who can develop talent Clarko, Simpson or Lyon. We might get a idea who’s a better coach.

I hate to say it but this post has all the hallmarks of Geelong falling off a cliff.
it’ll be interesting to see who can develop talent Clarko, Simpson or Lyon. We might get an idea who’s a better coach.
100% correct. It’s not just the list & what draft number they were recruited as ….
It’s what you do with them once at the club …
Unfortunately we have an appalling record at this. (Player development) .

100% correct. It’s not just the list & what draft number they were recruited as ….
It’s what you do with them once at the club …
Unfortunately we have an appalling record at this. (Player development) .

The cycle is this ....

NMFC pick a kid.
NMFC Bigfooty reckons kid is great because he does a few alright things (the kid is generally and obviously average at best)
We really want said kid to be great so we ignore the obvious.
Kid is obviously average or below.
Kid doesn't make it.
PlAyeR DeVElopMent is shit cos I thought he was gREat
NMFC picks another kid

etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back