Free Agency Jacob Townsend [joins Essendon as a delisted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

He was at the right place at the right time he's not in our best 30 he kicked 6 goals within 20yards vs Fremantle last year and he then kicked 5 vs stkilda both teams were playing below par so anyone could've kicked em even my grandson who's 3yrs old lol
I agree with HawkieMcHawkface, what went wrong with this guy Tiger fans?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

He is slow an had a poor game againt the eagles in which it appears his papers were stamped. Fair enough to Moore looks good an tommy l coming in

The way I see it is he was able to find and hold a role last September as an effective defensive forward in a very good team. Unfortunately, he was not able to maintain a consistency to make it as an AFL regular. I’d say he’s in a similar bracket as a Tom Bugg or Jed Lamb. The odd good game here and there, popular teammate, good clubman, handy depth but not really worth getting excited over.

He was at the right place at the right time he's not in our best 30 he kicked 6 goals within 20yards vs Fremantle last year and he then kicked 5 vs stkilda both teams were playing below par so anyone could've kicked em even my grandson who's 3yrs old lol

He also shut down Johnson, Carisle and was a deco allowing Jack more freedom.

i have enormous respect for J Townsend.
I wish/hope we can find a way to keep him on our list, as i reckon we play better with him on the field.

I think we played better with him in the team last year although i know thats an easy thing to say.

he makes our others walk taller though, and we missed him against collingwood

10 possessions and a goal per week plus a goal assist is ok for me

I’m with you. Think we missed his aggression and defensive forward play this year. His last game for us his blocking and support for Riewoldt stood out.

I would not be getting rid of but, if he got a bigger/longer offer somewhere I would facilitate the deal for him. A warrior and premiership Tiger for life.

I love Towner! Another year wouldn’t hurt.

Don't think we can lose all of Lloyd, C Ellis, Conca, Miles, Townsend in one offseason, that's pretty much our entire VFL midfield. I think they will and should hold Townsend for another year, even if nothing more than a good VFL player who can contest up forward too.
Townsend is useless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep Lloyd , get rid of useless Townsend
You can't get rid of everyone in one off season. Watch our VFL side collapse if all those guys leave in the offseason, it also significantly hampers the depth of our AFL side.

Sounds like both Townsend and Lloyd want to stay despite lack of opportunities

Have heard lloyd is hanging around, townsend less likely though

Townsend might not be best 22 going forward into 2019, and if thats the case then so be it.
Lets not forget though that he kicked 2 goals in the grand final last year, and probably would've had 3 except he passed one off to Houli.
Only one other player kicked more than Jacob in that grand final.
If he goes elsewhere then I wish him success.
Anyone saying he can't play though needs to think long and hard and see a top notch psychiatrist.

Y is it tell me , he doesn't run or chase gets maximum of 6 disposals per game

Do you really need to ask this? he’s proven he can perform on the biggest stage and played a significant role in getting us top 4 last year. No real Tiger would speak about Townsend the way you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back