Free Agency Jacob Townsend [joins Essendon as a delisted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting point you make but another way of looking at it is that you have 1 'Average' player less on the list

2 x Guns getting $2 mil (Dusty / Lynch)
or
3 x Good players getting $700k each (Rockliff /Watts / Motlop)

Yeah but you've got both at the Tigers (Guns and Good players) and its squeezed your depth.
Not saying what you are doing is wrong though, but if you cop some injuries it could hurt

ps is Watts really on $700k ? He should be on the minimum wage and I'm not talking the AFL minimum wage...

I think it may well be simply money that decides Townsend's final destination. As a DFA he can nominate a salary and if his agents smart he's negotiating with the Swans Tigers and us. The difference between 80k and 200k isn't huge on a cap but a big difference to the player.

He's got a flag with the Tigers and now financial security would be a good plan I think.

You do realise that whilst it may not suit your agenda both players salaries (apart from their puma bonuses) have been mentioned many many times in the media as well as the clubs

Dusty - 7 years $8 mil
Lynch $900k a year 7 years

Now move on and unless you have something that can prove your claims , stop killing bandwidth

You do realise that whilst it may not suit your agenda both players salaries (apart from their puma bonuses) have been mentioned many many times in the media as well as the clubs

Dusty - 7 years $8 mil
Lynch $900k a year 7 years

Now move on and unless you have something that can prove your claims , stop killing bandwidth
"media" - Gale and Balme aren't media. AFL media is also a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North offered 1 more year and 150k more. North offer 1.55 million a year. Extra year + 150k extra = 2.55 million.
No. North offered 7 years.

You are strangely bitter about Dusty rejecting North more than a year on to continue to infect unrelated threads with how much you think he’s on. It would be amusing if it wasn’t so repetitive, so long after the event.

You are strangely bitter about Dusty rejecting North more than a year on to continue to infect unrelated threads with how much you think he’s on. It would be amusing if it wasn’t so repetitive, so long after the event.

Poor bloke. He just can't let it go. No matter how many times he's been shown to be dead wrong. Even an imbecile would have got the message by now. But he's like a black hole, the densest thing known in the universe.

But back onto the thread topic. I hope Jacob stays. I love the lad.

Not bitter about anything. Just correcting price misconceptions.

Not bitter about anything. Just correcting price misconceptions.
No, you’re the one who raised it in a thread about Townsend more than a year after Martin rejected Norths mega offer.

It was a blow for North at the time, but it’s strange it’s still on your mind so long after that a Jacob Townsend thread triggers you.

Back on topic, hoping Towner stays as a rookie. Gives his all and could get some games if he reinvents himself as a midfield tagger. Not sure he has the tank though and he’s well down the pecking order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back