Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't go PSD.
Similar to the Carlisle situation last year, a club like Hawthorn will come in with a fair and reasonable deal to GC. If the Bombers don't come to the party with a fair offer, Clarko just needs to convince him to come and play for the Hawks. Seems they've been talking to him for a while anyway.
Pending a thorough examination from a doctor, I'd be comfortable offering this year's second round pick and next years first round pick, or next years first and second if the Suns just want 2017 picks. That's about as fair as they're going to get.

Pending a thorough examination from a doctor, I'd be comfortable offering this year's second round pick and next years first round pick, or next years first and second if the Suns just want 2017 picks. That's about as fair as they're going to get.
Looking through this thread tonight I'm amazed at the input by Essendon fans over the last 5 hours.
When did JOM nominate the Bombers?
All the talk in the media has been North and Hawthorn.

Looking through this thread tonight I'm amazed at the input by Essendon fans over the last 5 hours.
When did JOM nominate the Bombers?
All the talk in the media has been North and Hawthorn.
You're the one who said Essendon have to come to the party... :rolleyes:

2016 1st + Sicily from the Hawks is a ripper deal for the Suns I reckon and they won't get anything better in terms of player + pick. Sicily would slot in beautifully as a 3rd tall forward, and that would be a solid offer.
I think I was one of the first to suggest this on the Hawks board... Looks like it is getting legs

Luck not needed ..
I heard that O'Meara has a girlfriend who comes from Melbourne. If so who do her family support does anybody know as that could be his preferred Club. Seeing as he is still under contract how does it work - presuming the Club in Melbourne who want him will have to come up with a pretty good offer in return.

Yep, I've caused the influx of Essendon posts over the last 5 hours with my one ten mins ago. Nice one.
So you perpetuate it, then cry about it when people want to discuss it with you? My, my, what a special little snowflake you are.

I don't see the Hawks trading one of their few promising young players. Isn't that a bit self defeating?

No point having 10 forwards with no one to kick the ball to them.

Rough*
Shoey
Gunston
Breust
Rioli
Poppy
TOB
Burton
Hardwick
Stewart

*Vickery
*Vardy
*Cloke

We need young mids!
Sicily has the best trade value to get this done with a first rounder, possible steak knives either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No use norf getting him they're done for the next decade.

Don't know about that. North topped up but never really gave anything up for the top ups, and have kept bringing through 1st and 2nd rounders. I rekon they have some good young guys and will get some better picks over the next few years. I dont think they will really bottom out that bad and maybe JOM see's that. I can see the Hawks bottoming out in the next five years, and pretty baddly too.

Nah not at all, just amused with some of the deluded thinking he's going to be a bomber for unders. By all means keep going. It's very entertaining.
Pots and kettles mate. It's a break from laughing at Richmond for thinking they'll get Prestia while keeping pick 6.

Pots and kettles mate. It's a break from laughing at Richmond for thinking they'll get Prestia while keeping pick 6.
Nah, Prestia is worth pick 6. Reckon if you want to pay a player big $$$ you should also fairly compensate the club you got him from. Think the same is true with JOM. If a club woos him then lowballs GC, another suitor will come along, just like Hawthorn helped you out in the Carlisle trade last year.
Still not sure where this JOM to Essendon talk has come from though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back