Traded James Stewart [traded to Essendon for pick 77]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodoro is one of the best negotiators in the league. It has long been said that when Dodoro enters the trade arena on the first day of trade week - other list managers bow before him. He really is that good.
Seriously?
He comes out swinging talking hard before any proper dialogue. We want this and thats final!! Ahhh Thats not good negotiating thats bullying. And it wont work, not long term.

Seriously?
He comes out swinging talking hard before any proper dialogue. We want this and thats final!! Ahhh Thats not good negotiating thats bullying. And it wont work, not long term.

It's all well and good for you to say that, but when has that ever actually happened?

It's all well and good for you to say that, but when has that ever actually happened?

Only deal you guys have been buggered on would be Ryder surely? But that wasn't necessarily Dodo's fault.

Anyway, even before the Gibbs situation, I've always thought I'd love to have a reputation of being hard to deal with. Why hand out free hits to your rivals?...

77 for Stewart is a good deal for both sides, when you factor in Deledio coming in and the rise of kids at GWS wanting salary (Stewart would have had a raise end of 2014 and now that space can go back to min salary for a kid). Essendon get a good second/third tall option who would surely be preferred to pinch hit in the ruck instead of the blue chip Daniher. Good get.

Acting like that just shows weakness and desperation.Notice the winners don't act like that. If high draft picks were so great Saints and Melbourne would have been playing finals the last 15 years lol

Don't get this post - very, very few of our posters had any interest in him and the club had minimal contact also.
Well you guys traded out last year, not really to busy this year. We dont really have much to troll the pies about... Its just not the same:(

Hope you're right. I'm banking on the theory that he didn't play many senior games because of GWS's strong forward line. Essendon doesn't have that problem. Joey desperately needs an off-sider.
If you are depending on James Stewart as a key forward, you are in trouble.

He is rubbish. I want to use the term "list clogger".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol all the people calling Stewart a spud and a list clogger.
Our VFL team won't think that.
He's worth a try and haven't payed anything meaningful to get him.
Shaun McKernan (Now there is a list clogger) will most likely be delisted now. So replacing McKernan with Stewart in my view is an improvement.

Good pick up for the Bombers. Him and Daniher will gel well, think they may have held down KP's in the same Chargers team years ago.

Xavier Richards in the PSD would be a sweetener for them

Oh Pies fans... Didn't your team just pick up Chris Mayne to partner the other spuds in your forward line? Would take Stewart ahead of all those hacks except for Moore.

Would you really take Stewart over Fasolo and Elliott?

I know some Pies fans are not happy that we didn't get him, but considering that we didn't want him as father son and his draft year and considering that since then, his AFL appearances have consisted of him playing as a low intensity, low possession winning, half forward flanker with no aerial threat, I don't think our recruiters would be surprised that he went for pick 77.

Sheedy is the one who recommended Stewart to Dodoro.
After coaching him he must see something he likes about the lad.

Good pick up for the Bombers. Him and Daniher will gel well, think they may have held down KP's in the same Chargers team years ago.

Xavier Richards in the PSD would be a sweetener for them

Your thinking of Darcy Moore, Joe Danniher played for the Cannons.

Stewart won't kick a bag against anyone. He's a spud.

Kicked three in a half against the Dogs..not bad start for a kid who's played only a handful of games.

Seems to be some angst towards Stewart amongst the Pies fan on here. Probably hoping like hell he doesn't work out.

Kicked three in a half against the Dogs..not bad start for a kid who's played only a handful of games.

Seems to be some angst towards Stewart amongst the Pies fan on here. Probably hoping like hell he doesn't work out.
Pies fans don't understand the purpose of key position players. Stewart isn't a very good midfielder, therefore he's useless in their minds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back