Jarrad Waite hit on Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Will come down to the medical report IMO. Clearly intentional, looked high, how the impact will be graded is everything. Got up after a moment and took his kick, doesn't look to have affected him during the game as far as I can tell.

Disappointing regardless, Waite has been much better tempering his aggression and brain snaps since coming over.

Worse than Brown's hit on Saad. Waite jumped and made head contact.

Agreed.
Both about the same degree of lateness, but Brown’s contact at least was to the body.
That said, Waite gets the lighter punishment in AFL land due to the outcome.

Potentially 'potential to cause injury' clause gets applied, as high contact combined with momentum is one of the specific clauses outlined by the MRP as a greater potential to cause injury, but I'd say at this stage the impact isn't justifiably high enough to start with to make it medium. Trengove got up fine.

However, it is subjective, if the AFL goes with medium impact due to the potential to cause injury part I don't think we would have much to argue.

Low impact - no injury sustained to Jacko
High contact to head
Comes down to whether it is Careless (fine) or Intentional (1 week) - most likely the former but who knows with Chrisso

Leaving the ground is the smoking gun when it comes to proving intent; it also looked like Waite caught Trengove on the chin with his elbow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he utensil the elbow a tad? It sort of looked like he did watching in real time.

If so, that won't help his cause either.

It does look like it but he might have caught Trengove in the head with the bicep since the angle is unclear. Arm is raised though

Putting the arms up straight after is always a dead giveaway of intent to hurt. Surely now his nickname is ‘over’ overrated, overweight and now career over. Unusual for him as everytime he jumps he kicks people and sticks his sprigs straight into people’s backs, went with the elbow instead

Intentional - left the ground, chose to bump, did not put an arm out to spoil and 'accidentally' bump etc
Low impact - Trengove continued to play
High contact - got him in the head

Fairly clear cut to me. 2 down to 1.

There is no "down to" any more.

I reckon if Cutler was graded careless so will this.

Probably only 1 week.

Intentional - left the ground, chose to bump, did not put an arm out to spoil and 'accidentally' bump etc
Low impact - Trengove continued to play
High contact - got him in the head

Fairly clear cut to me. 2 down to 1.

Spot on

So a fine....

Someone's lucky.

A fine? What? He got there late left the ground and got him flush. Am i missing something, apart from Tengrove playing out the game. The same action if it had resulted in a broken jaw and or concussion would have been 4 weeks plus.

AFL is always injury biased instead of action biased. Clear open and shut case to give Waite a week and they instead s**t the bed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back