Traded Jarrod Pickett [traded to Carlton w/ Marchbank, 2017 Rd 2 pk for Picks 45, 58 and GEE's 2017 1st]

Remove this Banner Ad

And pick five has no games to his name.

Plus SOS figures he can trade for whoever gets drafted with pick 5 in a couple of years for pick 15. :drunk:

Plus SOS figures he can trade for whoever gets drafted with pick 5 in a couple of years for pick 15. :drunk:

That makes sense - and Jaegar Omeara going for pick 14 and spud is fairer for two youngsters that have never played a game

Marchbank, Pickett and Stewart

A pick 4, 6 and key forward for pick 5 seems pretty fair considering SOS drafted them all. You can't argue that he doesn't agree that's their worth.
Good deal for Blues if they all get fit.

The fact he could leave GWS has come at no surprise at all to me (see my posts yesterday in the McCarthy thread).

What has surprised me if he has asked for a Carlton switch, which would lead me to believe both WA sides don't want the risk. Not sure Carlton should either at this stage.

The fact he could leave GWS has come at no surprise at all to me (see my posts yesterday in the McCarthy thread).

What has surprised me if he has asked for a Carlton switch, which would lead me to believe both WA sides don't want the risk. Not sure Carlton should either at this stage.
Or, like O'Meara, he just wants to play in Melbourne

Or, like O'Meara, he just wants to play in Melbourne

Maybe. I think Silvagni is an important person to these GWS kids.

FWIW, O'Meara is chasing his girlfriend to Melbourne, not that he particularly wanted to go to Victoria. If she wasn't making the rules he'd likely have gone back to WA.

Maybe. I think Silvagni is an important person to these GWS kids.

FWIW, O'Meara is chasing his girlfriend to Melbourne, not that he particularly wanted to go to Victoria. If she wasn't making the rules he'd likely have gone back to WA.
Pretty keen to take advantage of the opportunities that playing and living in Melbourne will present him as well.
Kid seems quite business savvy, and interested.

Not everyone wants to return home. Playing in your home state presents some challenges too. Some people don't want to deal with the pressures of friends, family, hangers-on, expectations of those that believe you owe them something or that they helped you make it etc.

On a similar note, Cal Twomey suggested yesterday that he believed SPS's preference was to be drafted by a Victorian club. Didn't really elaborate.

Pretty keen to take advantage of the opportunities that playing and living in Melbourne will present him as well.

Not everyone wants to return home. Playing in your home state presents some challenges too. Some people don't want to deal with the pressures of friends, family, hangers-on, expectations of those that believe you owe them something or that they helped you make it etc.

On a similar note, Cal Twomey suggested yesterday that he believed SPS's preference was to be drafted by a Victorian club. Didn't really elaborate.

When interviewed he said he'd like to play his footy in Melbourne if possible

I'm more than happy that kids with pretty concerning injury issues prefer to not go to Perth, too much risk IMO with Pickett, I'd have waited a year to see how he goes.

I have heard about SPS looking at moving interstate but not sure it's that credible, think Freo are pretty keen for him with whatever first rounder they end up with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marchbank, Pickett and Stewart

A pick 4, 6 and key forward for pick 5 seems pretty fair considering SOS drafted them all. You can't argue that he doesn't agree that's their worth.
Good deal for Blues if they all get fit.

Id nearly do that deal if I was GWS. Slight unders for them, but on out output those players wouldnt be worth pick 5.

Giants are trading their way out of the salary cap squeeze. Contracted players with a shaky injury history but talent (which GWS has to burn) being offloaded to ease pressure
And Carlton more than happy to help out,I haven't seen too much of Carlton this season,how many of the ex giants are having an impact or will still be on their list in 2 years?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Id nearly do that deal if I was GWS. Slight unders for them, but on out output those players wouldnt be worth pick 5.
in their defence, they bat pretty deep.
Pickett's injury doesnt help, but its only year 2 and this kid has a ton of talent.
Marchbank and Pickett alone are a steal at 5.
Stewart gets Carlton a bit of depth. If he comes good, even better.

And Carlton more than happy to help out,I haven't seen too much of Carlton this season,how many of the ex giants are having an impact or will still be on their list in 2 years?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Plowman should be a long term player.

Sumner is make or break next year, hopefully can get a full pre season under his belt.

Lamb is just filler. Won't be around long. But better than what we had.

Phillips is a good backup ruck who was an upgrade on Wood and could be around 3-5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back