Traded Jonathon Patton [traded to Hawthorn for Future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like an absolute knob if this is the case. Understand the reasoning, but doesn't come off as a 'team first' sorta bloke
As pointed earlier in the thread GWS don’t want him to play either. They can’t risk him getting an injury at this point of the year and then not be able to move him off the list.

Caro just confirmed this on footy classified.

As pointed earlier in the thread GWS don’t want him to play either. They can’t risk him getting an injury at this point of the year and then not be able to move him off the list.

Caro just confirmed this on footy classified.
Lol it wasn't pointed out it was a few hawks fans talking it up.

The only info to come out of this in the media is supposedly Patton himself has decided he won't play in any form of the game until traded.

Now if this is true, which is highly possibly it isnt, then he is a dick especially after the club has stuck by him and continued to sign him on big contracts.

Lol it wasn't pointed out it was a few hawks fans talking it up.

The only info to come out of this in the media is supposedly Patton himself has decided he won't play in any form of the game until traded.

Now if this is true, which is highly possibly it isnt, then he is a dick especially after the club has stuck by him and continued to sign him on big contracts.
I told you he was right to play, you argued.

And now when it’s actually being reported that he’s been right to play for some time and both he and the club aren’t pushing for it, you still want to argue. 👍

I told you he was right to play, you argued.

And now when it’s actually being reported that he’s been right to play for some time and both he and the club aren’t pushing for it, you still want to argue.

It was said that the club didn't want him to play.

The report says he doesn't want to play, not the club doesn't want him to play.

Seen our fwd line lately? We would have him in there already.

I'm only arguing the ridiculous notion we wouldn't want him playing, not that he will be going to Hawks and not that he has done a Cam McCarthy.

#pattonisrhetarget is simply looking after his new career.
If the Giants were a genuine threat for a flag this year I suspect he would have a crack at it with his mates.

As much as I enjoy watching the likes of Hopper, Green, Cameron & Whitfield calve up games; the Giants are a lame duck in the 8 this year.

Get the General in peak condition to hit the Pre season & another & probably last run at being a star afl player he was earmarked to be.

Welcome to Hawthorn Jonno Patton.... i thought it would have been 12 months earlier but better late than never.

It was said that the club didn't want him to play.

The report says he doesn't want to play, not the club doesn't want him to play.

Seen our fwd line lately? We would have him in there already.

I'm only arguing the ridiculous notion we wouldn't want him playing, not that he will be going to Hawks and not that he has done a Cam McCarthy.
Wrong again.

Yeah I doubt he is going to say the club isn't happy.

And Connors doesn't say we didn't want him to play. He only says that the club is "comfortable" with Pattons choice.
Oh man, go listen to the audio.

Possibly but it depends on if he feels confident in the Giants medical staff. He is a 100KG key forward returning from his 3rd knee reco, another serious injury and he can probably kiss his career good bye. From the outside looking in it is hard to tell if it is entirely down to bad luck, bad management or a bit of both.

I think it is hard to begrudge a guy looking after his career in this case.
I’m the first to stick the boot in to our “medical” team but from memory his knee injuries weren’t their fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m the first to stick the boot in to our “medical” team but from memory his knee injuries weren’t their fault.
Not blaming them for the injuries but he may have a lack of faith in if they are capable of looking after him, i am not saying that is the case but if it is so i don't think a player can be criticized for looking after his career.

Do the hawks need him with Mitch Lewis appearing from nowhere
Mitch Lewis has looked the goods for some time now, scored 38 goals in the VFL last year as a 19 year-old. Has been impressive since he joined the club, but for one thing we have virtually no backup with Rough retiring, and Patton is also more developed physically, and has real upside. His knee injuries have exaggerated his natural weaknesses in agility and leap. With a little confidence and some luck with injury and I think he'll be a ripper for us.

Do the hawks need him with Mitch Lewis appearing from nowhere

I've been wrestling with this one, but come to the conclusion that it essentially allows Patton and Lewis to play as the Kennedy/Darling or Riewoldt/Lynch combo and means the in-form O'Brien or Gunston can play as swing-men since our key position defensive stocks will definitely be our weakest line.

I'd be wary of I was a Hawks fan. Bringing in broken down GWS offcuts season after season did absolutely nothing for the Blues, but the Hawks seem to be copying this strategy?

Copying? Coniglio, Patton, & Scully are much better players than Marchbank, Plowman & Kennedy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Copying? Coniglio, Patton, & Scully are much better players than Marchbank, Plowman & Kennedy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'll give you Coniglio (lot of water to go under that bridge yet) but Scully has offered very little and Patton has not shown anything in a number of seasons. Would love to be proven wrong however.

I'll give you Coniglio (lot of water to go under that bridge yet) but Scully has offered very little and Patton has not shown anything in a number of seasons. Would love to be proven wrong however.
Scully has not offered very little, he has been no where near as good as his best years at the Giants but he has played almost every game averaging close to 20 disposals a game and more importantly has improved as the season has gone on. First year back after a serious injury i would be shocked if he was not improved next season.

Patton kicked 45 goals in the last full season he has played, we are not getting him in to carry our forward line just play a role. If he can be a 30 goal a year played that can create a contest consistently the trade will be 100% worth it.

I did.

And even here's the transcript https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/19/connors-clears-up-patton-situation/

Where does it say the CLUB want him to not play? Which you and your fellows were pushing.

It says he is sitting out and the club is "comfortable" with the decision. I mean what else is Young or the club going to say.
Apply some common sense.

The club are never going to come out and say that they are not going to play Patton as it risks their ability to get his salary off the books.

Apply some common sense.

The club are never going to come out and say that they are not going to play Patton as it risks their ability to get his salary off the books.
So we are just skipping the evidence you say proved you were right But wasn't and trying the commonsense route?

I've applied the commonsense.
With how our fwd line was decimated he would of been playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back