Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand the feelings towards Dawson, particularly given the way his camp strung us along, but I'm torn on booing returning players.

I was pretty disgusted in the grandstand when our crown booed Jetta - a premiership player! - pretty heartily his first game back.

I understand the feelings towards Dawson, particularly given the way his camp strung us along, but I'm torn on booing returning players.

I was pretty disgusted in the grandstand when our crown booed Jetta - a premiership player! - pretty heartily his first game back.

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather cheer for our players rather than worrying about booing the opposition

I don't get the J Mac hate. He doesn't need to be dominating to be useful. Does enough imo. He reads the game well and constantly finds the link up on the wing. It's only the odd ball use issue that's been apparent of late.
I'm a tad disappointed because earlier this year he seemed to be right on the cusp of becoming a genuine A grader only to regress a little. That's on me though because I have very high expectations for him.

I completely agree though, he's been fine and should be nowhere near a discussion about being dropped.

I'm a tad disappointed because earlier this year he seemed to be right on the cusp of becoming a genuine A grader only to regress a little. That's on me though because I have very high expectations for him.

I completely agree though, he's been fine and should be nowhere near a discussion about being dropped.
Those games were against North Melbourne and West Coast though...

I think he's just a kid who has struggled with injury and form. He won't be the first young player to do so and he won't be the last, but due to lack of competition for his spot, he's safe in the 22 every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed - that’s how we win the trade.

Like Cats in 2011 post Ablett and Hawks 2014 post bud. A flag renders every previous decision/permutation/fiasco perfect

Correct...and also adds the bonus that those who choose to leave the best club there is on their own accord will rue their decision.

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather cheer for our players rather than worrying about booing the opposition
Well said. My cousin whose a diehard League fan and has never followed AFL put it well during a family argument regarding the Adam Goodes saga.

He said something alone the lines of "I go to the football to support my team, I couldn't give a single * about the opposition."

Well said. My cousin whose a diehard League fan and has never followed AFL put it well during a family argument regarding the Adam Goodes saga.

He said something alone the lines of "I go to the football to support my team, I couldn't give a single * about the opposition."

Pretty much, cheer your side but honestly I couldn't care less about the opposition much.

Jordan Nostradamus Dawson. Well he was right. There really was no need for us to be nervous at all since he departed.
I’m pretty sure Jordan knew that Sydney were a chance at a flag and we’d probably be in the bottom six when he made his choice. He made it for money and to come home, I’m sure he’s happy to see you guys do well.

So would most Crows fans too, the Swans play great footy to watch and it’s always good to see a GF without the big Melbourne clubs.

Dawson would have been an AA half back or wing if he stayed with us

But the best thing about Dawson leaving was it allowed/forced us to try Florrent at half back and that has been amazing for us

I will say though, Dawson would have been handy last game with Reid going down as he was always a great target out of the back 50, and could have pushed forward and took marks up the ground and delivered it into our f50, and also would have been handy cover if Reid doesn't get up for the GF.

With that said, as Milky pointed out, we've restructured without him in the team and have been able to cover his loss, while uncovering other strengths we already had within the team.

Win win if we win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back