Traded Jordan Lewis [traded to Melbourne with picks 57 and 68 for picks 48 and 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

2 years of helping out Nathan Jones would be a win. He carried that club for 6 years on his own. Must love now getting some help.

2 years of teaching our whole mid-field group is exactly what they need to further assist their development. Huge get, win-win deal for all.

Your avatar says GWS.o_O

He's a Melbourne supporter who changed his team supported (much to GWS supporters' shame) because other Melbourne supporters disclaim him passionately.

He's a Melbourne supporter who changed his team supported (much to GWS supporters' shame) because other Melbourne supporters disclaim him passionately.

That's what happens when you prefer Perisher to Mt.Hotham.

I respect you are a moderator but I'm sorry to say thats not correct. I changed because I support the views of Paul Roos & Peter Jackson regarding MFC online communities.

Last edited:
Been a vital part of the hawks , but sorry to say Melbourne fans he is shot. Wouldn't be surprised if he racks up a few casey games. Anyways best of luck
So a bloke who finished 2nd in the B & F at a club that won 17 H & A games is shot? Yeah right, lol.

I could see Lewis playing a Matty Boyd role for the next 3 years, and Lewis is a better kick.

Great outcome for one of our revered premiership heroes. Win all round I consider. From all accounts Lewis' scored a terrific contract - a fitting reward for years of hard work, dedication and loyalty. Melbourne get a very good player with great leadership qualities. For HFC, a short term loss, but ultimately a good feel that like Mitchell, we've allowed Jordan to have a major role in determining the next phase in his career.

Great outcome for one of our revered premiership heroes. Win all round I consider. From all accounts Lewis' scored a terrific contract - a fitting reward for years of hard work, dedication and loyalty. Melbourne get a very good player with great leadership qualities. For HFC, a short term loss, but ultimately a good feel that like Mitchell, we've allowed Jordan to have a major role in determining the next phase in his career.
He's being paid less than what he would have been next year at Hawthorn and chanel 7 tonight said he won't be in the top 5 Melbourne players, but more fringe top 10.

I honestly believe Lewis leaving is a far better result for Hawks than Sam leaving.

However neither are shocking results for the Hawks going forward.

He's being paid less than what he would have been next year at Hawthorn and chanel 7 tonight said he won't be in the top 5 Melbourne players, but more fringe top 10.
You're probably right, however HFC simply could not guarantee his (also Mitchell's) tenure at the club beyond 2017 and I understand the MFC contract was for 3 years. Clarko said this in an interview this afternoon. The MFC offer was simply too good to refuse in the circumstances. An adult and civilised outcome for all parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're probably right, however HFC simply could not guarantee his (also Mitchell's) tenure at the club beyond 2017 and I understand the MFC contract was for 3 years. Clarko said this in an interview this afternoon. The MFC offer was simply too good to refuse in the circumstances. An adult and civilised outcome for all parties.
I agree, but your point has nothing to do with the argument in the post I responded to.

Well said. Trades dont have to be win - lose. This is a win-win deal for all.

Well said. Trades dont have to be win - lose. This is a win-win deal for all.
How do Hawthorn win?

Melbourne a clear win, add a best 22 player for late round pick down grade

Lewis gets security of a longer contract, so a win for him personally.

Hawthorn lose their VC and 2nd best player from 2016 (according to Clarko anyway, and check his QF against the Cats, he was HUGE) for basically nothing...can somebody please explain how that is a win??

How do Hawthorn win?

Hawthorn lose their VC and 2nd best player from 2016 (according to Clarko anyway, and check his QF against the Cats, he was HUGE) for basically nothing...can somebody please explain how that is a win??

IMHO Hawks are taking a long-term view trying to get games into their future and not relying on the past.

Sure there might be short-term term pain but think they are trying to manage that - trying to minimise the time period they would be in decline.

I remember when Melbourne coppped untold flak for retiring a 34 year old James McDonald. They didn't push out a 30 year old 4 time premiership player and runner up in the B&F.

Hawthorn can spin this anyway they like, but they've stuffed up.
Spot on. So badly managed

How do Hawthorn win?

Melbourne a clear win, add a best 22 player for late round pick down grade

Lewis gets security of a longer contract, so a win for him personally.

I don't understand this either.. they lost Lewis and Mitchell for nothing, all the whilst still being in their premiership window! They could have won the premiership next year with Tom Mitchell, O'Meara along with Mitchell, Lewis and co. Now, I don't think they can.

Sure they are preparing for the future.. but why not hold onto those players and try win another next year? Hawks are basically forfeiting the next 1-2 years with their hopes resting on Martin or Fyfe. But the thing is that 17 other teams are building for the future too. I think Hawthorn has thrown away their dynasty whilst it is still active..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back