Traded Josh Jenkins [traded with future 3rd to Geelong for #37]

Remove this Banner Ad

Atkins is a midfielder
Probably better suited there. He has been a forward pocket all season with no more time in the midfield then a conventional forward pocket this season. If he was actually a midfielder then his average of only 11 touches a game is equally horrendous as his 5 goals in a season. Zac smith and stanley do better.

Tackles per game are not a true indicator of pressure.
A lot of the time pressure is applied without a tackle and a lot of times a tackle provides no pressure (as in the guy had nowhere to go anyway)

I see your point though, neither strike me as having any defensive bone in their body.
Agree its not the sole measure of defensive abilities and far from perfect. But it is the best one we have.

My post is more about highlighting how sh** rohan is in this area rather than elevating jenkins. Point is jenkins could easily take rohans spot. Jenkins vastly superior in goals per game (even this season) and both get similar amount of possessions per game.

Agree its not the sole measure of defensive abilities and far from perfect. But it is the best one we have.

My post is more about highlighting how sh** rohan is in this area rather than elevating jenkins. Point is jenkins could easily take rohans spot. Jenkins vastly superior in goals per game (even this season) and both get similar amount of possessions per game.

I agree, JJ is your man

Pressure acts, combined with tackles would be a better measure.

I think you'd find that he would provide you the same frustrations Rohan does.

Probably better suited there. He has been a forward pocket all season with no more time in the midfield then a conventional forward pocket this season. If he was actually a midfielder then his average of only 11 touches a game is equally horrendous as his 5 goals in a season. Zac smith and stanley do better.
Using statistics that don't apply to his role as a defensive forward midfielder makes sense. Refer to his pressure acts and tackles maybe?

If Geelong are considering him on recommendation of Dangerfield, I would start to be seriously concerned if I was a a Cats fan over the influence Paddy has at the footy club. Feels like LeFlog James from The NBA !!!
Yes we are greatly concerned that you are comparing dangerfeld to the best basketballer since michael jordan. You are over-rating dangerfield.

Using statistics that don't apply to his role as a defensive forward midfielder makes sense. Refer to his pressure acts and tackles maybe?
His tackle count isnt all that great. Dalhaus and parfit is better and they do more offensively.

The whole point of tackles by the way is to set up and kick goals. They are not better then them. They are inferior. Vastly. Just a means to an end. Not the end in itself.

Last edited:
Played eight less games then rohan this year for only 3 less goals. And thats his worst year in 5. And close to rohans best year.

We have a very low bar.

I see that. Unfortunately I think Jenkins will be clattering straight into the bar, not over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a few posts from Adelaide supporters here indicating that Jenkins has been behaving like a flog for the last few years. As someone who hasn't heard or read a single thing re Jenkins, can someone explain what he has been doing/saying to get the reputation?

There is a few posts from Adelaide supporters here indicating that Jenkins has been behaving like a flog for the last few years. As someone who hasn't heard or read a single thing re Jenkins, can someone explain what he has been doing/saying to get the reputation?
Mate of mine who's a crows fan affectionately refers to him as spudkins. Not sure why but the bloke is genuinely disliked as a person

Leaks everything internal to the media

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't wells say on trade radio they'd put an offer to the crows?
Didn't hear that just said they had interest

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wells said that they put an offer to Jenkins as to what they would pay him. Its up to Jenkins and Adelaide to work out if either Adelaide pay the difference, Jenkins takes a pay cut or a bit of both. If Jenkins and Adelaide can come to an agreement, Geelong will then speak with Adelaide about a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back