Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah what I meant is he looks like good value, where mcasey looked like a stretch from day 1.

I got what you meant, just that pick 6 has a proud history of producing terrible results for clubs. It's probably my favorite anomaly in the AFL.

Last edited:

Certainly looked a cut above our other draftees!

Without meaning to be cruel to Soligo, I can't help but wonder if his manager used our desire to extend Rachele as a way to get Soligo extended as well. Kind of a "I'll get him to sign on the dotted line if you also throw a bone to my other client" situation.

I doubt it, there has been a bit of buzz around Soligo as well this preseason.

Certainly looked a cut above our other draftees!

Without meaning to be cruel to Soligo, I can't help but wonder if his manager used our desire to extend Rachele as a way to get Soligo extended as well. Kind of a "I'll get him to sign on the dotted line if you also throw a bone to my other client" situation.
I though Siligo showed some good signs, just not as bright as Josh obviously. Good solid first hit out for the kids.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, nothing wrong with Soligo, just clearly not on the same level as Rachele at this stage.

Taylor was involved in play but scratchy.

Impressive seeing he a thousand kms away (Cook was wearing 19).

Cook Normally wears 15.... Is that why he was getting confused as Taylor? He wore the wrong number today?

It sounds like it was a pretty common issue seeing Adelaides twitter account had to clarify.

I really hope we can find our version of McCarthy somewhere down the line, that guy's footballing smarts and pressure is incredible
I thought Lochie Gollant showed promise in this position late last year, likes to try and take a grab and looks like a genuine goal kicker albeit with a very slight frame.

He has barely raised a mention this PS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back