Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

And so have I, he did not go hard at either contest. Both he was clear but he got spooked because he didn’t know what was behind him and piked it. Would you accept those efforts from McHenry?

I agree that he didn't go hard enough at the ball in the air and that he s**t his pants because the pressure of doing the right thing in that moment and executing the skill was immense. It was a choke for sure.

I don't agree he s**t his pants because he squibbed it expecting contact.

He was in the wrong position both times and that's on him. The first kick to him was perfect and he should have marked it. The second kick was good enough that any AFL player should have taken a step back and marked it

I agree that he didn't go hard enough at the ball in the air and that he s**t his pants because the pressure of doing the right thing in that moment and executing the skill was immense. It was a choke for sure.

I don't agree he s**t his pants because he squibbed it expecting contact.

He was in the wrong position both times and that's on him. The first kick to him was perfect and he should have marked it. The second kick was good enough that any AFL player should have taken a step back and marked it
So a highly skilled player like Rachelle just fluffed 2 straight forward marking contests on his own, nah, he got scared that’s why he went half arsed.

But let’s says he didn’t squib, if you’re going to talk about being the man, watch the girls play, they go harder.

FoxFooty spent 5+ minutes talking about those 2 'efforts'. That says it all.
They tried to soften the blow by saying "he'll learn from it".
If you're gonna celebrate successes the way he does, then you've also got to be prepared to put your body on the line when the time comes.

So a highly skilled player like Rachelle just fluffed 2 straight forward marking contests on his own, nah, he got scared that’s why he went half arsed.

But let’s says he didn’t squib, if you’re going to talk about being the man, watch the girls play, they go harder.

He choked in the moment just like plenty of other players do in a tight match with not long left.

Not that it's an excuse because it's not. Choking is bad. It just wasn't a squib in my opinion which is a lot worse

FoxFooty spent 5+ minutes talking about those 2 'efforts'. That says it all.
They tried to soften the blow by saying "he'll learn from it".
If you're gonna celebrate successes the way he does, then you've also got to be prepared to put your body on the line when the time comes.
He already learnt when he tried to take a mark flying from the side in front of a leading Walker early this year......

So he usually isn't a "squibber" then as he flew from the side not knowing Walker was on the lead?
I never said he was a "squibber" so don't put other peoples words in my mouth.
What I suspect though, is that he wasn't expecting Walker to be on that lead (hence his attempt to mark), but that he was expecting some (heavy?) contact from behind tonight (imaginary), resulting in his less-than 100% commitment to the ball.

Adelaide desperately need midfielders and back flankers that can use the ball by foot. This will bring rachele and fogarty into the game. They both work hard to find space inside 50 but our ball users are rubbish besides Dawson and hinge
Wouldn't mind us trying Rachele across half back like a Dacios/Sheezel. Get some cheap touches, learn the movement of the game, far enough away from goals he'll have to actually assess the situation and move it forward without being baited by the goal posts.

Josh pulled his own pants down and humiliated himself last night. Needs to be more humble.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd trade him (not off the back of last night) while his value is high. I think as he grows as a footy player his attitude will become a problem (only what I see from afar which i get is unfair but that's how this caper works).

We won't land a big fish without giving something up so go get someone ready made.

Deserves to be dropped (along several others) for those two sitters.

Inexcusable.
Maybe it should work the other way, show him behind closed doors and challenge him to respond and tell him that its a bit of a crossroads point that stuff. He himself might be quite upset with it and be determined to not let it define him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going to be generous, he misjudged both of those balls in flight.

But geez, man. You just have to take those!
That one where he didn't look to mark tex's field kick near attacking 50 when clear really hurts as that looked like a transition goal coming up and instead it went straight back down the other end for a bombers goal...we lost the game by 3 points

Yes I'm serious.

In the first one he was running back but never looked backwards, he totally misjudged it and had to go up one handed to even touch the ball. His eyes were on the ball the whole time. Never looked back

In the second instance he was was stationary and the ball was kicked over his head, he misjudged it and didn't take a step or two back to adjust. He was expecting the perfect kick and it wasn't
IMG_7876.jpeg

I don't think he is fundamentally a soft player, but he absolutely heard footsteps last night and shat the bed.

You could see he was desperate to make ammends in the last few minutes.

I think he will be fine. Learn from it Josh and moce on.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with this

Massive wake up call for him

You'd think he will come out playing like a man possessed next week. Hopefully we start him in the centre and don't miss the opportunity for player growth

I’m all in on Team Rash, 100%

Want and need players like this

You can’t drop your head twice in the last quarter of a close contest.

That’s completely unacceptable and has to be dropped. It’s for his own good. The season is shot so might as well be taught a hard lesson.

Fancy giving it to opposition supporters one week and the next week showing the AFL world you’re a scaredy cat. Shocking.

gus sorola omg GIF by Rooster Teeth

The Fox footy panel talked about it at length (Lyon, Brown, Buckley, Lewis). They thought he pulled out, but it was a teachable thing, and he needed to be coached through it. Also all reluctantly admitted they'd all done it at one time or another.

Rachele is a real talent. He needs to be supported and coached through this not humiliated.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Fox footy panel talked about it at length (Lyon, Brown, Buckley, Lewis). They thought he pulled out, but it was a teachable thing, and he needed to be coached through it. Also all reluctantly admitted they'd all done it at one time or another.

Rachele is a real talent. He needs to be supported and coached through this not humiliated.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

God that segment was cringe. Clearly instructed to do this to avoid the woke backlash but you could tell given how they fumbled it they all thought it was soft as butter.

God that segment was cringe. Clearly instructed to do this to avoid the woke backlash but you could tell given how they fumbled it they all thought it was soft as butter.
That's not what woke means, get off Facebook.

That's not what woke means, get off Facebook.

At the risk of starting an argument with a fool, words change as people use them differently. The irony of people pointing out that it was a term used for racial justice movements is always lost on them.

Anyway no need to derail the thread just because you want to pretend to be clever. This is about Rachele.

At the risk of starting an argument with a fool, words change as people use them differently. The irony of people pointing out that it was a term used for racial justice movements is always lost on them.

Anyway no need to derail the thread just because you want to pretend to be clever. This is about Rachele.
I don't really see how people defending Rachele's squibs is seen as woke, but I'm a complete idiot so it makes perfect sense that I wouldn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back