Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Our later 2nd is 29 currently. I'd do that.

Ben Miller was nearly first delisted a few months ago but he's been quite good lately in defence and his last couple of games as 2nd ruck. He's a lifetime free agent though cos he's been delisted so no need for Eagles to trade if they did want him. Earned himself a couple more years though IMO.

There's been a couple reports lately that Stack will re sign which I was a bit surprised about seeing as Dimma never seems to want to play him.
Fair :thumbsu: :'(

A late 2nd or a pick upgrade.

Eagles are not tough traders, they will likely take a 3rd.

I was interested in Ben Miller in the past but he hasn't really come on. Fits a need (Lol Eagles need every type of player TBH :$ )

A swap for Stack who looks out of favour?

Depends on how nice the two clubs are. I heard at a BBQ here last week one of Willie's cousin's mentioned Essendon has an offer tabled better than the Eagles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Willie and the Eagles sadly agree the best place for him is in Melbourne. Both parties get closure and clean air from what happened. The club stood by him and supported him, but it would have been a rough ride for all parties. Some players didn't want him back.

At 27 he likely won't be playing when the Eagles contend again so maybe best to move him on for something and he get to play / live with family in Melbourne and plays finals. He is a great player.

Life moves on. :(
Stack can't get a game at Richmond and there's a chance he gets delisted.

No way in the world are we doing straight swap with Willie.

Last edited:

I was interested in Ben Miller in the past but he hasn't really come on. Fits a need (Lol Eagles need every type of player TBH :$ )

Depends on how nice the two clubs are. I heard at a BBQ here last week one of Willie's cousin's mentioned Essendon has an offer tabled better than the Eagles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Willie and the Eagles sadly agree the best place for him is in Melbourne. Both parties get closure and clean air from what happened. The club stood by him and supported him, but it would have been a rough ride for all parties. Some players didn't want him back.

At 27 he likely won't be playing when the Eagles contend again so maybe best to move him on for something and he get to play / live with family in Melbourne and plays finals. He is a great player.

I understand Willie went to a boarding school in Ballarat & hated the cold FWIW.

This type of honest post is so rare, respect to you mate.

Would be a dog act if he was to leave after standing by him so strongly when they really didn't have to.
Take into the account his father passing away maybe he wants to go and play with family and needs that support to enjoy his footy? If that was the case surely clubs/ fans could understand? Bit different if say he wanted to go and play at Adelaide or Sydney for example and it was about dollars?

Pick 19 thanks

you got jokes GIF by Steve Harvey TV

You think CCJ is worth an early 2nd? Rioli is a match winner. If you want him he’ll cost or WC can redraft him
Re-draft him as in delist him and pick him up in the draft? Why on earth would you do that? If you delisted him we'd just pick him up as a delisted free agent if he wanted to come to us.

CCJ wasn't a direct swap for 19, it was more complex than that involving multiple picks, CCJ and Tarrant. But in the end we ended up with Tarrant and the equivalent of pick ~35 or so in points value. I was surprised when North handed over pick 19 and the general consensus was that we'd bent them over at the time. I also don't think North expected to be so bad this year as the first pick of the 2nd night of the draft holds considerable more value than it used to when it was all done in one hit.

If Rioli wanted to come to Richmond and we wanted him the only way eagles would be getting 19 (+29) would be by giving 20 back I'd say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-draft him as in delist him and pick him up in the draft? Why on earth would you do that? If you delisted him we'd just pick him up as a delisted free agent if he wanted to come to us.

CCJ wasn't a direct swap for 19, it was more complex than that involving multiple picks, CCJ and Tarrant. But in the end we ended up with Tarrant and the equivalent of pick ~35 or so in points value. I was surprised when North handed over pick 19 and the general consensus was that we'd bent them over at the time. I also don't think North expected to be so bad this year as the first pick of the 2nd night of the draft holds considerable more value than it used to when it was all done in one hit.

If Rioli wanted to come to Richmond and we wanted him the only way eagles would be getting 19 (+29) would be by giving 20 back I'd say.
If a trade can’t be agreed on how do you think you’re getting him? We’ve got pick 1 or 2 in the preseason draft.

You think CCJ is worth an early 2nd? Rioli is a match winner. If you want him he’ll cost or WC can redraft him

Cause north are stupid you think Richmond would give 19? Doubt it mate.

Looking forward to Willie at tigerland, should be a good fit - Hopefully Cyril joins the vfl team too. Would love four of them.

1660115189663.png

Last edited:
If a trade can’t be agreed on how do you think you’re getting him? We’ve got pick 1 or 2 in the preseason draft.
If he requested a trade to us a deal would get done. We have a track record of making these things pretty simple. But if a deal wasn't reached and Rioli was desperate to get out I'd say he'd just enter the National Draft and we'd pick him up with the same pick that was offered. Eagles are in no position to be knocking back 2nd round picks to make a point though and we don't even know 1- if he wants out and 2 - if we're genuinely interested so it's all a waste of time speculating.

In all likelihood it's just a rumor.

Looking forward to Willie at tigerland I have willed it into existence. Hopefully Cyril joins the vfl team too. Would love four of them
You think WC are going to roll over after the season we’ve endured? Im tipping WC are going to be milking every little benefit coming to them as a result.

Looking forward to Willie at tigerland, should be a good fit - Hopefully Cyril joins the vfl team too. Would love four of them.

View attachment 1472061
They look so happy together. Don't be mean west coast, a late pick should suffice.

I’ve been saying for years he’ll end up there eventually.

To be honest…it’s a shame if he doesn’t reach his full potential at the Eagles…but he actually might have already…and I have absolutely no faith that he won’t do something stupid again to jeopardise the club.

If he goes, put the occasionally interested Liam Ryan on ‘watch this space’ - he won’t be long for the Eagles/league without good mates around him at the club.

If he requested a trade to us a deal would get done. We have a track record of making these things pretty simple. But if a deal wasn't reached and Rioli was desperate to get out I'd say he'd just enter the National Draft and we'd pick him up with the same pick that was offered. Eagles are in no position to be knocking back 2nd round picks to make a point though and we don't even know 1- if he wants out and 2 - if we're genuinely interested so it's all a waste of time speculating.

In all likelihood it's just a rumor.
No way Rioli risks the National draft and ending up god knows where. He’ll resign with us before that happens. It’ll be a deal done on West Coast’s terms realistically, you’re not dealing with North anymore.

No way Rioli risks the National draft and ending up god knows where. He’ll resign with us before that happens. It’ll be a deal done on West Coast’s terms realistically, you’re not dealing with North anymore.
If he was contracted perhaps. Don't you think North would pounce with pick 1 of the PSD if Willie wanted to come to Melbourne? Like I said Eagles are in no position to be knocking back 2nd rounders to try prove a point.

You appear to have a lot of faith in a club that has been a total shitbox operation over the last 3-4 years.

More likely they lay down and hand him over for * all because if he wants out, we won’t want him there. At all.

If he was contracted perhaps. Don't you think North would pounce with pick 1 of the PSD if Willie wanted to come to Melbourne? Like I said Eagles are in no position to be knocking back 2nd rounders to try prove a point.
He’d just resign with us instead. Sorry, gonna have to pay up I’m afraid.

He’d just resign with us instead. Sorry, gonna have to pay up I’m afraid.

He may not want to given wc being a shambles.

No way Rioli risks the National draft and ending up god knows where.

There are only so many teams. You could argue they are all in a better spot than wc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back