Traded Jye Caldwell [traded with #44 and #74 to Essendon for #29 and 2021 R2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Our first this year for him and giants first? You would only do it if there is at least a 10 pick gap

giants don’t have a first, and if they got one from another trade or compo that’s not a good trade unless it’s a really early pick they have earmarked for a player.

im expecting the blues to have a top 4 pick. Look what they did when they wanted Kelly, Taranto etc

Our first this year for him and giants first? You would only do it if there is at least a 10 pick gap

I wouldn't do it based on where we are on the ladder atm..

Anyhow if the Giants really want to keep him, they will find a way, or they will force a Vic Club to pay overs.

It's dangerous to bet highly on a fairly unknown quantity at AFL level at this stage (imo)

Anyhow if the Giants really want to keep him, they will find a way, or they will force a Vic Club to pay overs.

It's dangerous to bet highly on a fairly unknown quantity at AFL level at this stage (imo)

I don’t think he will be unknown by year’s end. Plus what is safer - betting on a kid who we have seen perform at AFL or a kid with no AFL exposure and a stunted U18 year?

As opposed to an unknown quantity running around in the under 18s in a shorter season? Caldwell is anything but an unknown quantity. Carlton should be all over him.

Would quite happily part with one of our first rounders outright for him.

I think he suits what we need more than other options in this years u/18 pool.

As opposed to an unknown quantity running around in the under 18s in a shorter season? Caldwell is anything but an unknown quantity. Carlton should be all over him.

I think Carlton will have another crack at Papley again, and honestly would rather use our first rounder on him than a talented kid.

We need tougher, big body 100 (ish) gamers not necessarily more kids, even if Caldwell is going to be a jet as everyone says he is.

A draft pick isn’t an unknown quantity?

Rather, have a 2-4 year players who has AFL experience than a kid who plays Junior football.

This kid is legit, you could see it in our game on the weekend.

By the end of the year he's going to be hot property, maybe the hottest property of trade week in terms of young players if he doesn't re-sign by the end of the year.

He actually reminds me of a young Ryan Griffen, possibly even a bit quicker. He's very explosive off the mark around stoppages.

I'd be perfectly happy offering one of our first rounders for him if it fell between 6-14, I think he would compliment our midfield group perfectly.

I think they will get rid of Hately before Caldwell if they have to.
Wow thats a big statement, because at his peak he was explosive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty unfair on the kid I reckon. He was one of the better ones last week for the Giants. Really had a crack, saw a good amount of the ball, laid a few tackles. Clearly lacked confidence as he constantly appeared to be looking to hand it off with a cheap disposal instead of taking any risks, but that confidence comes with experience.

Pretty unfair on the kid I reckon. He was one of the better ones last week for the Giants. Really had a crack, saw a good amount of the ball, laid a few tackles. Clearly lacked confidence as he constantly appeared to be looking to hand it off with a cheap disposal instead of taking any risks, but that confidence comes with experience.
Team needs drive selection. Grunt was needed in the midfield this week and Green is a bull. Hately is good in the air and that probably got him the nod.

He'll be fine once the team settles and finds it's feet. For now he's really suffered collateral damage.

IIRC we were keen on Caldwell during his draft year, I think we may have a crack at him. Hasn't had much of a go at the Giants so you wouldn't think he would cost too much at the trade table.

IIRC we were keen on Caldwell during his draft year, I think we may have a crack at him. Hasn't had much of a go at the Giants so you wouldn't think he would cost too much at the trade table.
Who is he replacing in our midfield?

He’s not pushing anyone out of the best 22.

He’d be in the mix with Tom Berry and Deven Robertson as first man in.

Would push Ely Smith, and everyone behind him, back one in the pecking order.

Who is he replacing in our midfield?

He’s not pushing anyone out of the best 22.

He’d be in the mix with Tom Berry and Deven Robertson as first man in.

Would push Ely Smith, and everyone behind him, back one in the pecking order.
Not pushing anyone out of the seniors at the moment but he may be an upgrade replacement for C.Lyons and Matho as far as list depth goes, also might see himself as a better chance to force his way into our side rather than the Giants.

No idea how he is going though, just saw is name on the board and recalled that the club was keen on him, in the past anyway.

Not pushing anyone out of the seniors at the moment but he may be an upgrade replacement for C.Lyons and Matho as far as list depth goes, also might see himself as a better chance to force his way into our side rather than the Giants.

No idea how he is going though, just saw is name on the board and recalled that the club was keen on him, in the past anyway.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d have him in a heartbeat, but if he’s looking for opportunity, he’s better choosing Sydney and half the Victorian clubs.

Saints pretty keen on this kid apparently.

Had him rated very high in the draft order in 2018 and even tried to tried to get back into the draft on draft night to get him.

I'm sure there would be plenty of other Vic clubs in the hunt for him also.

Considering the strength of the draft that year and the unknown of this year is have no problem giving up our first to get him.

Saints pretty keen on this kid apparently.

Had him rated very high in the draft order in 2018 and even tried to tried to get back into the draft on draft night to get him.

I'm sure there would be plenty of other Vic clubs in the hunt for him also.

Considering the strength of the draft that year and the unknown of this year is have no problem giving up our first to get him.
As are the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back