List Management 2018: Make room for the super draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

You and me both LP.
Don’t know why we would consider it. Must have faith in the club, although I’m struggling with this one
I think the next 3 days will have a few surprises because there's been so much brewing over teh weekend.

But Burton to Port. It's just bad for everyone. Bad for us, bad for Ryan, and * port.

Hoping for some rosy news in the next few days.

I think the next 3 days will have a few surprises because there's been so much brewing over teh weekend.

But Burton to Port. It's just bad for everyone. Bad for us, bad for Ryan, and **** port.

Hoping for some rosy news in the next few days.
Chad better bring his AA form

Standing vertical jump
Ely Smith - 77cm
Laitham Vandermeer - 72cm
Ben Jarvis - 72cm
Izak Rankine - 70cm
Irving Mosquito - 68cm
Bailey Scott - 68cm
Isaac Quaynor 67cm
Connor Rozee - 67cm
Buku Khamis - 67cm

Running vertical jump (right foot)
Sam Sturt - 91cm
Chayce Jones - 85cm
Xavier Duursma - 83cm
Ely Smith - 82cm
Isaac Quaynor - 81cm
Riley Grundy - 81cm
Xavier O'Neill - 81cm
Connor Rozee - 79cm
Rhylee West - 79cm
Irving Mosquito - 78cm
Noah Answerth - 78cm

Mosquito tested well for his leap, but interestingly wasn't in the Top 10 for the 20m sprint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so with 35 on our list we have 3 spots and a rookie spot open

i would like us to take advantage of the super draft and make even more changes

Whitecross - is uncontracted and near the end of his career, but his efforts in the VFL premiership and his leadership skills and being a friendly positive influence around the club means he most likely will stay for another couple years

Lovell - is uncontracted, hasnt been all that good at VFL, had some nibbles from bris in trade week, but might get delisted?

Miles - is uncontracted and told to look elsewhere, not sure if geelong are interested? has had no talk about him, unsure as to whether to keep or delist?

make room for the superdraft late draft specials that our recruiting team love to snag...

P.S. Darren Minchington will probably be a DFA and maybe another DFA and take in 3 picks or just take in 4 picks, i bet Pick 53 will be another bargain like Worpel last year, im praying we get Ely Smith, Jack Ross as midfielders, Will Hamill as a defender, theres so many possibilities

Last edited:

Whitecross - is uncontracted and near the end of his career, but his efforts in the VFL premiership and his leadership skills and being a friendly positive influence around the club means he most likely will stay for another couple years

Lovell - is uncontracted, hasnt been all that good at VFL, had some nibbles from bris in trade week, but might get delisted?

Miles - is uncontracted and told to look elsewhere, not sure if geelong are interested? has had no talk about him, unsure as to whether to keep or delist?

make room for the superdraft late draft specials that our recruiting team love to snag...

P.S. Darren Minchington will probably be a DFA and maybe another DFA and take in 3 picks or just take in 4 picks, i bet Pick 53 will be another bargain like Worpel last year, im praying we get Ely Smith, Jack Ross as midfielders, Will Hamill as a defender, theres so many possibilities
Glass to be upgraded which would make it 34 which would mean we could take as much as 6 players in the national draft.

So we could go into next year with 40 senior List and 4 rookies(Cat A), 38 & 2 rookies or 39 and 5 rookies.

I also like the look of Ely Smith.

I would have thought that Will Hamill could go higher after his performances in the second half of the year. Ely Smith's performance at the combine also probably bumps him up to that 30-40 range. Mitch Riordan/Zac Foot/Tom Sparrow/Mitch Podhajski are all players I would love that are potentially available at 53.

Are there any tall forwards that we may consider taking? I've heard decent things about Hugo Munn/Dillion O'Reilly.

Minchington is rubbish, I wouldn't mind Sam Mitchell doing his magic with Lovell. Hopefully we hold onto Miles, Geelong seem preoccupied with the Tim Kelly deal.

Jason Cripps owes us a sweet swap of picks for Karl Amon after his bs.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been answered, but what do we need to pick up Irving Mosquito?
We don't have many picks left,at the moment, so do we need to trade for more picks?

We have to get Irv!

I would have thought that Will Hamill could go higher after his performances in the second half of the year. Ely Smith's performance at the combine also probably bumps him up to that 30-40 range. Mitch Riordan/Zac Foot/Tom Sparrow/Mitch Podhajski are all players I would love that are potentially available at 53.

Are there any tall forwards that we may consider taking? I've heard decent things about Hugo Munn/Dillion O'Reilly.

out of the tall forwards who might slip to late in the draft theres a few, but any tall forwards who go late usually are very much speculative

Hugo Munn(SA) is a ruckman who can go forward, in the championships he was amazing for the first half of every game i saw, then he went missing after half time, i dont know if this is because of a lack of endurance? or he is a burst player, where he can do good things, but go missing, i dont know what it was

Dillon O'Reilly(WA) is playing well at WAFL Colts and could float out to our pick, is a potential power forward, but has his faults

Hudson Garoni(Vic C) is a tall forward for Vic Country, big bodied tall, was one of the better forwards at the championships and will likely go late, he could be thrown in there

Noah Gown(Vic C) didnt play at the championships but has been one of the best players at Gippsland this year, they finished 2nd on the ladder and got knocked out in a prelim, bit under the radar, but he is a big bodied competitive beast of a forward, might be worth investing in

Zane Barzen isnt a tall, but he is a forward we could also look at, has a lot of skill, but can phase out of games, he is another talented forward we could look at late in the draft pool

they are the forwards that could go late in the draft if we're after forwards... and all have good reasons to be recruited

Last edited:
2 picks the draft and the first one isn't until 53? I'm worried about where we will be in 10 years time. Am I the only one completely let down by what we did this trade period? Managed to lose our brightest young star, have nothing to take into an apparent super draft, brought in a guy who has huge questions marks over his fitness and is turning 28 years old. Our issue has been the elite young talent coming through. Have done nothing to rectify this. Scrimshaw possibly, but still questions marks over him as well.

At this stage Id like to keep Miles and Lovell. Would love Mitchell to get a hold of him specifically to see what he can do. Miles obviously showed a bit towards the end of the year.

Keen to see what Toby can do when down back over preseason. Also hope Mirra hangs around.

Unfortunately I can't see a role for Whitey going forward other than at Box Hill. Was hoping he'd get to GC or Carl for his leadership skills.

I'm also hopefully we can trade back in to this draft over the next few weeks just so we can have a shiny new 18yo toy to fawn over next year. If not it wouldnt be a bad idea to think of Scrimshaw as our first round pick up this year and Scully our 2nd.

As for our KPD stocks, with Brand, Frawley, Toby and Stratton down back I think we are at least "solid" for next year - although I hope the club is interested in Kieren Collins or Hugh Goddard if they still have a chance to make it.

Not sold on our KPF stocks, but with Gunston, Wingard, Breust and Puopolo still there we have some talent. Id love to see Roughead up the ground more but as a traditional KPF he can still play a role.

With Irv on the radar I'd also hope we look at a mature age player in the mould of Stratton, Smith and Puopolo as a forward. As someone mentioned above, hopefully theres a Podsiadly type running around.

All in all we are in better shape than last year and Im excited for whats to come.

2 picks the draft and the first one isn't until 53? I'm worried about where we will be in 10 years time. Am I the only one completely let down by what we did this trade period? Managed to lose our brightest young star, have nothing to take into an apparent super draft, brought in a guy who has huge questions marks over his fitness and is turning 28 years old. Our issue has been the elite young talent coming through. Have done nothing to rectify this. Scrimshaw possibly, but still questions marks over him as well.
Pretty sure Sic and Hardwick are still on our list unless I've missed something? If you're going to try and troll get better at it.

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been answered, but what do we need to pick up Irving Mosquito?
We don't have many picks left,at the moment, so do we need to trade for more picks?

We have to get Irv!
We can use picks from next year if needed but I highly doubt that, any pick after 43 doesn't require any points with the 197 point discount. I doubt mozzie will get selected before then so we get him for free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back