List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOB isn't getting a game if everyone returns fit and healthy. He might as well explore his options, especially if another team is willing to offer him more game time.
It’s a big IF, seeing as siss and gunner had what 3 games combined? The future of Tim may be also an indicator of the clubs faith in the return to fitness of those two.

I am not a TOB hater and like having him on the list. His ability to drop a mark unfortunately negates what a cracking kick of the ball he is. Very accurate in front of goals - just the odd jitter and spilled ball stops him becoming a very good player. In our current state though I feel it would be best if he departed and we got another pick in the door as part of the equation. I think TOB would be better served at a contending club who have some cap and list space that can afford to use him as a depth player. As it stands he is better used here as a defender and with Sicily back and Day and CJ hopefully good to go round 1 it is hard to see him slotting in back there. If Gunston is fit it is hard to see him getting a game up forward also with Kosi and Lewis developing nicely. Great player to have on your list but right now I would rather that depth player be in the earlier stages of their career.
Nailed it. Has really good skills and work ethic. Has underwhelmed on here because we can all see the potential that he hasn't been able to deliver on consistently at AFL level. But for what he is right now he would be a great pick up for a team wanting a tall, athletic intercept defender with good kicking skills to set up play. If it weren't for the fact we are stacked for talent for this exact role I would argue we do everything to keep him.

Despite being a great clubman I can't see the club having much on the table for him. I would be offering a 1-2 year deal on very modest money. Something that isn't insulting but is reflective of the fact he isn't a walk up start with the current list direction. If he's still keen to stay then we get to keep a great quality person with a lot of flexibility in where he can play, and we can feel warm and happy about how great the club culture must be. But if he wants to take a better deal elsewhere that should work out well for all involved too.

Then we better trade them.

With injury and recovery to their former glories perhaps uncertain, the trade value available now from both these players is likely to be disappointing. Sicily has the opportunity to perform this year and reestablish strong currency based on future value … but who wants to trade our angry blonde prince - at full form he is a champion and a club icon (plus RFA end 2022)!

I am not a TOB hater and like having him on the list. His ability to drop a mark unfortunately negates what a cracking kick of the ball he is. Very accurate in front of goals - just the odd jitter and spilled ball stops him becoming a very good player. In our current state though I feel it would be best if he departed and we got another pick in the door as part of the equation. I think TOB would be better served at a contending club who have some cap and list space that can afford to use him as a depth player. As it stands he is better used here as a defender and with Sicily back and Day and CJ hopefully good to go round 1 it is hard to see him slotting in back there. If Gunston is fit it is hard to see him getting a game up forward also with Kosi and Lewis developing nicely. Great player to have on your list but right now I would rather that depth player be in the earlier stages of their career.

TOB is an interesting one for me to keep or trade off. Getting close to 100 games and it could finally click next season and we get 3 good to very good games out of 5 which would be idea or it could play out like this season and just be ordinary at times with glimpses of what could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Tom was by fair the best that quarter.
Watching a replay of it Monday night and you are wrong. Mitchell got a lot of it but a lot went to teammates under pressure. Moore was damaging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny one with Timmy at the moment.

By his standards I thought he was actually okay(ish) this year (especially when played in the back half)

But was this his peak? Or does he have more in him?

Tim had always been a riddle, wrapped in an enigma and I fear we are still figuring it out!

Funny one with Timmy at the moment.

By his standards I thought he was actually okay(ish) this year (especially when played in the back half)

But was this his peak? Or does he have more in him?

Tim had always been a riddle, wrapped in an enigma and I fear we are still figuring it out!

7 years of development on our list.

I hope we stick with him on a 1 year deal and see how much he really wants it.

I don’t mind the idea of holding onto Timmy but I’ld also like the club to be using players like T’OB, Ollie, Howe and our current draft hand to get another first round pick.

I really hope we are busy behind the scenes on the trade front. Not anticipating anything huge but looking forward to watching it play out.

It’s been 9 years of development and he’ll be 28 at round 1 next year. He’s not a 25 year old entering his peak, he’s in his late 20s and on the slide. We’ve been patient, he just hasn’t come on as we’d like and he’s still not a lock for our best 22.
The best case scenario for everyone right now is, he gets a 2 year deal from a team which will play him for 22 rounds and we get (hopefully) a second round compo pick.

Some players enter their peak around 28-32. Part of the puzzle is body mass takes time, in some players. Timmy shouldn't be a KPP, but a flanker. He's an interesting player as he can play forward, back or ruck. Not many can. He's not a world beater, but he's kind of handy.

I'm don't mind him staying. I don't mind him going, as long as it's not for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back