List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks fringe-ish player. He does have a pin point kick on him, so maybe Sammy sees a place for him.

P.S. I miss your original gif girl. Change it back! :)

Milkshaker ... here's another vote for your original girl photo..
Probably the only thing keeping me coming to Bigfooty during these lean years !

Any clubs signing TO'B will be getting a massive bargain

A strong side needing that third tall option would do well to sign him. Brisbane should look at him, he could fill the Birchall role but also swing forward to fill gaps while Hipwood recovers.

A strong side needing that third tall option would do well to sign him. Brisbane should look at him, he could fill the Birchall role but also swing forward to fill gaps while Hipwood recovers.

sounds like someone we should be interested in, particularly as ruck stocks are thin. Would you get a journey man ruck in, or hope TOB could cover a bit?

Sounds like we are going fishing for picks and they are the bait…

Unless it's part of a plan to trade into an extra 1st (points, with WB etc.), I really hope we don't lose TO'B for a pick in the 40's, almost for the sake of it.

TOB is a free agent. Perhaps we're keen to see the compo?
Maybe but he is unrestricted so if he gets any offer he will accept it regardless of compo unless we have some good will with him to ensure he only leaves for a good deal for him (ie we will match any low ball offers and he can choose to stay).

sounds like someone we should be interested in, particularly as ruck stocks are thin. Would you get a journey man ruck in, or hope TOB could cover a bit?

I'd prefer to keep TOB purely due to his versatility. Whether he wants to stay and be a role player who younger players may surpass in the pecking order is probably what he'd be weighing up.

Maybe but he is unrestricted so if he gets any offer he will accept it regardless of compo unless we have some good will with him to ensure he only leaves for a good deal for him (ie we will match any low ball offers and he can choose to stay).

Isn't more along the lines of "we'll give you another year, but happy for you to see if someone offers you better"? He'd be mad to sign for us for a year if someone else is willing to offer more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for Tim after missing out on MOTY. He has threatened for years and finally takes a screamer running in and jumping across the front of a big pack and landing hard to a bloke who jumped from behind with a perfect ride and landed on his feet.

He was ripped off.

Isn't more along the lines of "we'll give you another year, but happy for you to see if someone offers you better"? He'd be mad to sign for us for a year if someone else is willing to offer more.
I reckon Carlton might have a crack at Timmy as Levi's replacement.

I see letting someone go under free agency and trading someone as essentially the same thing except for the amount of leverage. What fundamentally matters is whether or not we can offer Tim enough to stay should he not attract an offer large enough to get compo. Alternatively, he may have asked to explore free agency with a view he would be willing to stay on a one year deal if he can’t do better elsewhere. In any case, I think he will go and we will get a late pick as compo.

I am not a TOB hater and like having him on the list. His ability to drop a mark unfortunately negates what a cracking kick of the ball he is. Very accurate in front of goals - just the odd jitter and spilled ball stops him becoming a very good player. In our current state though I feel it would be best if he departed and we got another pick in the door as part of the equation. I think TOB would be better served at a contending club who have some cap and list space that can afford to use him as a depth player. As it stands he is better used here as a defender and with Sicily back and Day and CJ hopefully good to go round 1 it is hard to see him slotting in back there. If Gunston is fit it is hard to see him getting a game up forward also with Kosi and Lewis developing nicely. Great player to have on your list but right now I would rather that depth player be in the earlier stages of their career.

Not being unkind, but as a KP defender TOB falls down the pecking order once Sicily is back in the side. Fifth rung behind Sic, Frost, Hartigan, DGB? That's plenty already.

In the forward line I would prefer to develop Kozi, Lewis and Jeka. Plus we have Gunston returning. Even in the unlikely event Gunston is traded we still have Big boy, Breust and Wingard for experience if needed.

At 28 before a ball is kicked in anger next, he's hit his ceiling, and surplus to requirements for me.

With Timmy, as others have suggested, we let him go as a FA hoping to net a 3rd round pick.

If we don't pick up another tall, keep him for cheap. He is an extremely solid backup for both ends that knows the gameplan and play a supporting role at either end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back