List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amon had 26, 10 marks and 10 tackles today.
3 votes.

Pay the coin required and lock him in.
It's money that's attracting him to the Saints. There not much closer to a flag than we are. Pay that bit extra that they are offering and as an added incentive promise a specific role in the side where he can really flourish.

You reckon his manager is just trying to bleed more coin out of the Dees?
Most likely but I highly doubt he’ll be going to the Hawks even if he did get squeezed out of Melbourne.

It's money that's attracting him to the Saints. There not much closer to a flag than we are. Pay that bit extra that they are offering and as an added incentive promise a specific role in the side where he can really flourish.

His mum works there mate.

If you're not a contender, paying overs for an outside role player has a habit of burning you. Worse in sides rebuilding as we are.

We need to win more contested ball before trying to outbid teams on a player like Amon... To be honest, Bramble could be as good as him in another 20 games anyhow.

If not for injuries, it was also looking like Sam was going to play Day off the wing and slowly introduce him at CBA's from there... Perhaps something he is thinking over the next two seasons, much like the Lions have done with McCluggage.

Last edited:
Brayshaw is holding tight on that 700k p/y offer.

He's work damn hard to get back to that elite-ish level after the repeated concussions set him back a few years. He and his manager are trying to get the best deal possible from the Dees, and fair enough. They would be open to a move at the right price as Brayshaw, above most, would know how volatile the game can be.

Surely if a team puts an offer of 850k p/y in front of him he's Max Gawn (that one's for you Yardie ).

Is he worth it? Don't know. But I reckon that would sway him.

He's work damn hard to get back to that elite-ish level after the repeated concussions set him back a few years. He and his manager are trying to get the best deal possible from the Dees, and fair enough. They would be open to a move at the right price as Brayshaw, above most, would know how volatile the game can be.

Surely if a team puts an offer of 850k p/y in front of him he's Max Gawn (that one's for you Yardie ).

I reckon Brayshaw is more prone to be swayed by the coin and job security argument, like you said, he knows how volatile the game can be. He's one more significant head knock away from potentially never being able to play the game again.

Whether he goes, it depends on Jackson. If Jackson decides to stay put, Melbourne need to think about what it's going to take to resign Oliver, May and Pickett beyond next year. Reckon those three are more important to Melbourne's structure than Brayshaw and they'd know it.

You think it's mainly a coin decision? If so, we'd have to be in the mix.
Imagine him in our midfield. Would be the ideal addition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's worth every bit of 850k to us IMO... especially considering it costs no draft capital.

Might be unrealistic, but he's the perfect addition to our midfield given his age, ability and character.

It's difference maker money, but that's what he would be to our list.

As amazing as Newcombe has been, for his development we really don't want him continuing to be the number 1 midfielder over his next thirty games. Sides are already putting attention into limiting him.

Brayshaw, Newcombe and Ward has a nice now and in 2026 blend to it.

Last edited:
Wonder if there are any rules for a player going from Club A to Club B and netting pick 19 as compo. Then trading that pick to Club B for a player.
Pretty sure you can't be traded twice in the same period so it couldn't be an on-trade, as such. Could trade the pick (19) for a new player though.

Brayshaw's family is extremely well off. Doubt money is huge in his decision making.

I stand to inherit well on both sides also (thank you boomers and your property accumulation) - wouldn't stop me from saying yes to a extra $100-$150k per year when my earning potential is at its maximum.

I think Brayshaw will end up at Fremantle if he leaves Melbourne.

There was lots of talk around this earlier in the year, but if Freo's offer to Jackson is believed to be true, well they have clearly parked prioritising Angus... couldn't get both.

IMO he's worth $850k to avoid trading for him
Fits our needs perfectly. Big strong midfielder that runs both ways, just what we are lacking.

Assuming we must have plenty of spare $ in hand as well especially with Wingard, Mitchell, Bruest and JOMs contracts winding up soon.

Fits our needs perfectly. Big strong midfielder that runs both ways, just what we are lacking.

Assuming we must have plenty of spare $ in hand as well especially with Wingard, Mitchell, Bruest and JOMs contracts winding up soon.

Be very interesting to see what sort of coin we offer Wingard and Gunston at seasons end, followed by JOM in 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back