List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Clark
@ClarkyHeraldSun

What does Hawthorn do with its $2 million cheque? The St Kilda conundrum, the Blues’ salary cap sacrifice, why Collingwood is the most aggressive club and the Bolton boost. Plenty to consider in the salary cap space
👇

1660634377622.png

watching the ball constantly waltz out of our forward line is incredibly frustrating - we really need someone who can apply some forward pressure

There’s a reason why Schultz, Wicks, Adduci and the other guy were players of interest last off-season. I expect to see small forwards to be on the agenda again this year during the trade period.

Ben Cavarra be good pick up at Boxhillhawks

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why? Chad’s the 1st one I would move. Has done bugger all since we recruited him - shown flashes but been injured most of the time. He’s not the kind of player you need in a rebuild- more the cherry on top for a contending side…

I actually think we missed a trick not moving him last year when GWS were showing interest…
You CANT force a contracted player to be traded. We had no tricks to be played

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can and the club has done it before - was a major factor in our last 4 premierships
You can sack someone and pay out their contract but you can't force a player to go to a specific club in exchange for a specific deal. You can make life unpleasant for them if they don't agree (as Collingwood did with Treloar) but you can't force them. Wingard made it clear he wasn't going to agree to go to GWS, so that was that.

Ok, so here we are..Round 23.

My initial end of season list management..

Trades - T.Mitchell, Brockman*

Delistings - Hartigan, Howe, Shiels, Downie

Retirements - Big Boy

We had 11 changes at the end of 2021.

Do we keep the core and continue developing them at Box Hill?

*reluctantly

You can sack someone and pay out their contract but you can't force a player to go to a specific club in exchange for a specific deal. You can make life unpleasant for them if they don't agree (as Collingwood did with Treloar) but you can't force them. Wingard made it clear he wasn't going to agree to go to GWS, so that was that.
And to emphasize your point, doing that to them, in front of their mates & with a whole league (& Continent) watching, is pretty bad drills.

Retirements - Big Boy

*reluctantly

Downie has had an injury interupted season, seems a bit premature to me. Think the rest is spot on.

Retirements - Big Boy

*reluctantly

I think Phillips is on shaky ground aswell and the question is whether Wingard could be trade able.
Hopefully there is no truth in Brisbane’s interest in Gunners.
His and Bruesty’s football smarts are invaluable to our younger group going forward!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. I keep seeing ‘get 2 mids and we’ll be right’. Take Gunston and Breust out of our forward line (and chad as well) - which is a reality in next 2-3 years (or less) - and it looks pretty grim. It’s not just the goals kicked and score involvements it’s also the level of opposition attention they get. We need to fix the midfield but forward line also needs serious work.

and the backline, don't forget that. ;)

I think Phillips is on shaky ground aswell and the question is whether Wingard could be trade able.
Hopefully there is no truth in Brisbane’s interest in Gunners.
His and Bruesty’s football smarts are invaluable to our younger group going forward!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You gotta give his new haircut time, looks like a different player now.

Retirements - Big Boy

*reluctantly
Similar thoughts H23:

Callow and Mitchell may stay depending on who or what we can get to replace them.

I am not sure we get anything more than mid 2nd for Mitch TBH. Anything worse than pick 24, we may keep. Of course he may not wish to go as he is still contracted.

Callow may depend on what other options we see as a tall backup. I wouldn't mind keeping for a further year to se how he develops.

Really hoping Brockman wants to stay and Phillips is capable depth in an age bracket we are short. One more year for Seamus Mitchell to see if he can reach his potential injury free. Last chance though

OUTINPICKResult
1mcevoyRetiredrnd 17Tsatsas
2sheilsRetired/DFArnd 226forward
3hartiganRetiredrnd 350collsmall
4howeDelisted FAlawrence72FStall
5downieDelistedamonFAmid
6callowDelisted? RuckDFABack up Ruck
7mitchellTradedFuture 2ndNAor a pick upgrade 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back