Status
Not open for further replies.
Saunders and Morris are the only ones likely to get cut from recent draftees

Finn was re-signed for 2 years
Downie will get another contract
Jeka no
Callow no
Mitchell probably not

i think Morris is already signed for next year. Seamus Mitchell should get another contract.
We would be silly to not give seamus another year another pre season

I would think the ones gone at the end of this year would be

Howe (Delisted/Traded)
Shiels (Retired)
Hartigan (Delisted/Retired)
Saunders (Delisted)
Morris (Delisted)
Phillips?
Jeka Rookie?
Callow Rookie?
First 4 agree with assuming hartigan doesn’t hit trigger. Morris contracted for next year. Philips I’m ok to retain he’s in that mid age we lack range good depth and seems to have the right traits and attitude to help a developing list. Jeka one more and callow is only 19 gee people are tough on him he has attributes and time to work on deficiencies. McEvoy might also go depending on how he recovers and if he can be bothered and still think we will look to trade for picks so that would be enough list turnover I think

Need to understand if Hartigan has triggered the 3rd year. If so, we won’t cut his contract up. He’s very decent depth, at very least.

Doubt Saunders and Morris gets cut, but it won’t surprise.

I think we might trade a couple of players, which may save some youngsters from being cut.

Could Hartigan be delisted and then redrafted as a rookie? That would free up a spot on the senior list.

Could Hartigan be delisted and then redrafted as a rookie? That would free up a spot on the senior list.

Why would we bother though? He can hardly get a game now. If we pick Blanck in the mid season too he is no chance to be retained.

Why would we bother though? He can hardly get a game now. If we pick Blanck in the mid season too he is no chance to be retained.
So we'd delist him and have zero tall defenders in reserve?

Morris is behind several players in a position we are well stocked in. It's our strongest position in terms of depth and quality - Hardwick, Impey, Day, CJ, Scrimshaw, Bramble, Morrison, Frost and DGB all play either the same or overlapping positions/roles as Morris.

Howe was even brought in to play in the backline last week over him.

However surely he gets a crack before the season is out to see what he can offer? If he does show that he can play at the level then that can free up someone else.

I’m pretty sure that contracted players can still be delisted.
I’ve always stood by the saying-
Never argue with an idiot as they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
Thanks for your input

He was pretty useful early on this year to be fair.
Sub twice with 17 and 11 touches then got a full game against the cats and only got 9 against the cats in a full game. He definitely isn’t demanding a spot on the list.

He might stay on the list but that’s only because we lack wingers. I see him being one of the first cut, especially if we need list spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think the ones gone at the end of this year would be

Howe (Delisted/Traded)
Shiels (Retired)
Hartigan (Delisted/Retired)
Saunders (Delisted)
Morris (Delisted)
Phillips?
Jeka Rookie?
Callow Rookie?
I reckon Shiels' form is fine, when playing - he's just not in our future plans (evidently). Wouldn't surprise me to see him go to Gold Coast for a couple.
BigBoy, I think is done (retired).
Howe, I think will be traded for nix or delisted.
I'm a li'l anxious on Brockman.

I'm sure we've got a couple of names that we're 50/50 on & will move if required, but I don't think it'll be big like in recent years.

Howe will go via FA would be good depth for a team playing finals
Shiels might get a gig at another club with his leadership, like Howe doesn't fit our rebuild needs.
Hartigan delisted allows us to retain more young players.
Callow delisted Jeka is our project hopeful KPF
Saunders could still save himself but it's not looking likely.

Morris, Downie, Philips get another year to show their worth.

Morris has a contract for 20
What do people think about the future of Saunders, Seamus, Tank Morris and Downie?

They seem to have been passed by Ward, Macdonald and Butler already, appreciate in different positions.

Doubt all will survive on the list next year...
Morris has a contract for 2023.
I think Saunders is gone. Downie is on shakey ground and i think Mitchell will be safe for 2023.

Howe, Shiels and Gunston are free agents. Wingard is with out a contract for 2023 at this stage. An you would think McEvoy and Hartigan will bow out.

Saunders could still save himself but it's not looking likely.
He’s the one player the coaches continually give good wraps on about his development.

My guess is myevoy and shiels to retire with hartigan also going if we find another kpd. I'd be surprised if downie and Saunders got another year with Mitchell just hanging on because he was a top 30 pick and had a pretty bad injury coming in. Unpopular opinion but I think brockman will request a trade to west coast , if he does Saunders may be retained. Howe will probably be traded for a token pick.

Surely 5/6 changes is enough . Add a 25/26 year old and hopefully work our way into the top 30 with another pick, maybe worpel will get us that. .

Downie deserves another we need good kicks and we know he is a good kick. He will come good and as we get better we need someone like him on a wing. Suckling wasn’t a tough player but played a role in our flag years. Last BH game Downie looked bigger to me, one more preseason will make a big difference

Alex Pearce putting forward a compelling case for a sizable free agent offer against the dees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back